Game of Thrones (HBO Series - NO BOOK SPOILERS) (13 Viewers)

image.jpeg

Well that was anti-climatic. All that build up on the conflict with the Faith Militant only to fuck us in the arse in the end. Aria leaving the faceless men makes that whole fucking arc pointless. What a let-down this was. My only hope is the books won't suck so much.

Well that was anti-climatic. All that build up on the conflict with the Faith Militant only to fuck us in the arse in the end. Aria leaving the faceless men makes that whole fucking arc pointless. What a let-down this was. My only hope is the books won't suck so much.

Seriously.

There is probably about 12 hours of actual screen time left in this entire series and we get an episode like that?

Game of Meh, imo.

Last edited:
The only thing I can think is that Margery is playing here, to avoid the walk of shame. I really hope they don't except us to believe that just an episode ago she was telling Loras how he needed to remain strong, and then suddenly an episode later she's converted and become a religious fanatic.

But really disappointed in this series lately.

You guys are complaining about arya and margery after the episode that set up the epic clash of the night king, three eyed raven and mother of dragons? Arya giving up the stark name (and her list) makes less sense than margery turning into a septa overnight.

I wouldn't trust that Margery has gone spiritual on us. I think she'll stab the Sparrow in the back as soon as she and her brother are freed from their chains. Margery is using her weak boy husband as a pawn.

I see the awaited clash between Margery/House Tyrell and Cersi/House Lannister coming soon.

You guys are gonna be very disappointed when Dany gives up the quest for world domination, retires to the beach with her pet dragons, and opens a Dothraki smoothie stand. But you'll keep watching.

You guys are gonna be very disappointed when Dany gives up the quest for world domination, retires to the beach with her pet dragons, and opens a Dothraki smoothie stand. But you'll keep watching.
What goes into a Dothraki smoothie? Horse blood and the tears of the subjugated?

I say she should train Drogon to cook crepes and open a foodtruck.

It'll be interesting to see how the Trial By Combat that Cersei plans with The Mountain turns out. Who will the Sparrow pick as his champion? My guesses:

Sir Loras - The Flower Knight, would definitely create additional divide between the Tyrells and Lannisters

The Hound - Rumor is that he isn't dead, perhaps he turns up to fight his brother?

King Tommen - This would be a hell of a twist, forcing Cersei to order The Mountain to lose/die to preserve the life of her son, but thus condemning herself in the process.

What goes into a Dothraki smoothie? Horse blood and the tears of the subjugated?

I say she should train Drogon to cook crepes and open a foodtruck.

I'd buy Drogon crepes. Epic selfie.

Dothraki smoothie ingredients more top secret than Coke and KFC, but you definitely have part of the list. ;)

It'll be interesting to see how the Trial By Combat that Cersei plans with The Mountain turns out. Who will the Sparrow pick as his champion? My guesses:

Sir Loras - The Flower Knight, would definitely create additional divide between the Tyrells and Lannisters

The Hound - Rumor is that he isn't dead, perhaps he turns up to fight his brother?

King Tommen - This would be a hell of a twist, forcing Cersei to order The Mountain to lose/die to preserve the life of her son, but thus condemning herself in the process.

Tommen, the most Sparrow-like choice.

But we still need to see the Mountain busting heads.

But we still need to see the Mountain busting heads.

Given the direction they're going I think The Mountain and Tommen will decide to just hug it out (but perhaps he hugs too strongly and Tommen pops and the premonition from Cersei's childhood comes true of her losing all of her children)

Cleganebowl would be great! Would fit with the rumors about the hound.

I'd love to see someone defend this episode. How can a show that was so great be so horrible in such a short amount of time.

Well it looks like we got confirmation that Margerie is just faking being pious for the time being. Looking forward to Cersei choosing violence next episode. Figured The Hound was still kicking, but will he square off against The Mountain? And Arya is sure in quite the pickle, although The Waif thinks her dead, so perhaps that's in her favor. Not sure how she's going to recover from those wounds though, especially to be taking the leap we see in the preview of the next episode.

Jamie backhanding one of the Frey's across the face was fantastic though.

I thought Arya's original plan of just walking around the city without a care in the world was an excellent one.

All that training certainly paid off.

This episode had its flaws, but I still enjoyed it more than the previous one. The Queen of Thorns is just absolutely brilliant, her acting so believable, love that lady!

Speaking of brilliant, just found this the other day. Starts off a bit meh, but winds up being fucking fantastic.

Ok - interesting theory out there about Arya getting stabbed that I really, really hope is true. The theory is that the "Arya" that got stabbed was really Jaqen in disguise. Maybe this is Jaqen paying his debt to her, or simply demonstrating some neo-eastern nihilist streak. Please let this be true because the amount of awfulness in last night's episode is just too much at this point.

Ok - interesting theory out there about Arya getting stabbed that I really, really hope is true. The theory is that the "Arya" that got stabbed was really Jaqen in disguise. Maybe this is Jaqen paying his debt to her, or simply demonstrating some neo-eastern nihilist streak. Please let this be true because the amount of awfulness in last night's episode is just too much at this point.

In order for that to be true Arya would need to be dead so he could use her face.

My guess is Arya stumbles into the actress she saved and the actress is all like "oh, hella karma opportunity here, let me save you" and she leaves the city with the acting troupe.

Cause I mean, can her actual storyline get any worse at this point.

Well yes it can get worse. Arya is dead, burn the body and walk away from the vast amount of time spent on a pointless, dead end story arc. We can only hope this proves to be more meaningful some of the other dead end story arcs. (which were entertaining, just pointless - kind of like a Real Housewives show.)

That end to the Arya story line would be very true to Martin's writing style. Write dozens or hundreds of pages about characters and events that turn out to be pointless to the primary story. No doubt we could go back from the end once we know it and pare down the books and episodes to maybe two or three books and/or three seasons of content.

Have faith that the writers aren't going to totally waste our time -=- DrStrange

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom