Royal Flush
Reaction score
If you missed the initial unwrapping, you might want to start here

First, Some wallpaper worthy splashed pot shots:
DSC01092.jpgDSC01095.jpgDSC01096.jpg

How about a never before seen splashed wall, or the ultimate dirty stacks:
DSC01091.jpg

Some solo pics:
DSC01107.jpgDSC01108.jpgDSC01109.jpgDSC01110.jpgDSC01112.jpgDSC01113.jpgDSC01114.jpgDSC01115.jpgDSC01116.jpgDSC01117.jpg

It took me all morning to shoot these. You better not be quick scrolling through this!
DSC01094.jpg

Starting stacks:
DSC01102.jpg

Family portrait time:
DSC01098.jpgDSC01099.jpg

Gift-wrapped racks:
DSC01119.jpg

There is no doubt that JimB and co. did a bang up job with these. From my vision to their production could not be an easy task. The Chocolate-Chip chips are just amazing, and there is no way I could thank them for such a well done job - though $3.66 per chip was a decent start. Looking over the results though, I have to think the Radioactive T1000's were even tougher to produce, as these saw the greatest concentration of split spots, and other weirdness. Of course, they supplied me with a fair number of extras to make up for the mutants that snuck through quality control. One really "bad" chip did make it through, and I absolutely love this mutant - it's almost intentionally bad, and being on the Radioactive chip, well... just too awesome. It will wind up in play, just to see how often it is noticed. In the meantime, I'll let you see if you can pick out the mutation:
DSC01123.jpg

Last edited:
Nice set sir. Those 5k must have cost 5k each. What level edge spot are those cause I've never seen that one before.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

I see where you put the price. Sorry missed that.

Great set & pics, Zombie. That 1000 mutant zombie error chip is awesome; I dunno how that even gets made accidentally, but a def keeper. Enjoy!

One really "bad" chip did make it through, and I absolutely love this mutant - it's almost intentionally bad, and being on the Radioactive chip, well... just too awesome. It will wind up in play, just to see how often it is noticed. In the meantime, I'll let you see if you can pick out the mutation:
View attachment 6875

Great set & pics, Zombie. That 1000 mutant zombie error chip is awesome; I dunno how that even gets made accidentally, but a def keeper. Enjoy!

Ben had a pretty good theory as to how it came to be, and it made sense. OK, I didn't really understand what he was saying, but I smiled and nodded in agreement when he was explaining it so I wouldn't look stupid. I'm sure Ben gets that a lot - he's pretty smart, and knowledgeable in all things trivial.

As for me, I'm going with: the chips were created in a nuclear reactor. Here's a photo with the lights off:
2015-02-16 05.52.39.jpg

As you can see, the chip glows. I am sure that in time, the Chocolate-chip chips will all be baked, and all the Radioactive chips will grow arms and legs and will be able to pot themselves. Once they figure out how to calculate pot odds, my game will greatly improve.

I just hope it doesn't look too weird when they are all smiling and nodding at stuff Ben is saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben
Fantastic!

I love the mutants. As everyone knows they're extremely lucky. Luck+6, EV+2d20.

Every one should get some Muties in their racks and ranks!

Epic set - love it! :)

Nice set.
Is that canary yellow for the T1000 and dg yellow for the inserts on the T25?

Nice set.
Is that canary yellow for the T1000 and dg yellow for the inserts on the T25?

The T1000 (Radioactive) uses the Saturn Yellow. It's slight green hue fit in with the chip's theme, though against the black you really have to look hard to detect the green in it. The T25 used the Canary yellow against the Light Green base.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

I fixed the glowing chip, for those that just saw a broken link.

I see dead people... Awesome set. Play walking dead in the background during a game?

I see dead people... Awesome set. Play walking dead in the background during a game?

As odd as it may seem, more than 50% of my players aren't Walking Dead fans. That said, given the drawings of our Zombie, showing "Shawn of the Dead" would be more suitable.

We did the art in 2004, well before the current zombie craze. In fact, the zombie is a direct connection to how my wife and I met. As for the Walking Dead... Mankind gathered around the campfire to share stories, well before recorded history. Over time the campfires gave way to other gathering places like churches to share their stories. Then we gathered around the radio for our stories, then television, and now around individual devices. When at one time we had but a single campfire to share our stories, the whole of the group was equally engaged. Today there are practically as many programs as there are people.

While the stories on the Walking Dead have their flaws, the community can gather around the water cooler, or message boards and share what they think will happen next. There is a certain amount of trust in the story teller to not screw us (I'm looking at you "Lost"). Plot holes aside, Walking Dead is less about the story and more about the community you can share stories and speculation with. It's not just a show, it's the campfire of today.

It's not just a show, it's the campfire of today.

I find this true of most of the shows or mini series today. Game of thrones and Breaking Bad for example... but I digress :). Shaun of the Dead was entertaining.

Last edited:
While I have a few minutes, I am taking a few shots of the Zombie Containment Units [SUP]tm[/SUP].
First we have the "Ben Box". It was named that because I bought it off of Ben when he upgraded to Pandora, not because he is holding all the chips at the end of the night.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Next we have the home of the CPS Zombies. I haven't gotten around to Pr0n of these chips yet (though most are already familiar with the spot patterns). I wouldn't have even gotten them labeled if it wasn't for my players peeling and sticking for 2 hours before game time. The cash chips are still unlabeled - hence the empty box (though the laser etching from Palm shows better when empty).
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-03-23 16.10.23.jpg
    2015-03-23 16.10.23.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 498
  • 2015-03-23 16.10.45.jpg
    2015-03-23 16.10.45.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 483
  • 2015-03-23 16.11.10.jpg
    2015-03-23 16.11.10.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 477
  • 2015-03-23 16.11.21.jpg
    2015-03-23 16.11.21.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 480
  • 2015-03-23 16.12.09.jpg
    2015-03-23 16.12.09.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 474
I'm having a tough time deciding - should I line the inside of the birdcage with a black velveteen or black leather cloth or leave it as is.
The lining would show off the zombie better, but it would hide the chips.

Thoughts?

That's a one sick set. I will cherish and fondle my samples, when I get them. Congratulations. Well done.

I'm having a tough time deciding - should I line the inside of the birdcage with a black velveteen or black leather cloth or leave it as is.
The lining would show off the zombie better, but it would hide the chips.

Thoughts?

What if you add a 'patina' of sorts by rubbing it with charcoal or some other colored material?

Fill in the etched parts with crayon. Or blood.

What if you add a 'patina' of sorts by rubbing it with charcoal or some other colored material?

That might be a good idea. Perhaps a window tinting that can be applied to the inside. It would also help protect them from the suns harmful rays, should the roof fall off of my house (not as unlikely as you might think).

Fill in the etched parts with crayon. Or blood.

I don't think I have handled a crayon in 25 years. For the record, it was because my government job was being handed over to a private company. HR told me that if I did not fill out the application, they would report it as refusing a job and would deny me unemployment benefits. So I filled out the application with a purple crayola.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom