Your Beer of Choice? (10 Viewers)

I have to stop and pick up a few things for dinner tonight. I'm making Tuscan chicken with a creamy spinach and red tomato sauce. While I'm there I think I will conveniently pick up some liquid refreshments :)

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Isn't that the ultimate plan?? :rolleyes:
1547734354917.png

Enjoying an after work beer at home. Heck I should have had one at work! Our brewpub has 28 beers on tap all brewed by us. This one is in a plain unlabeled can from a canning run we ran a couple of weeks ago. It is called Ghost Pixel - Ready Player One. A dark saison. It is brewed by our brewery - Freetail Brewery.

Ok @k9dr and @CraigT78. I need to know what your most favorite style of craft beer issue I can make sure I have a special bopper or two ready for you at the All in at the Alamo.
I’ll drink anything but a sour :wtf:

IPA’s and Stouts are my favorite, and I love to try new varieties. Except sours :dead:

I like hazy New England style IPA’s

IPA’s and Stouts are my favorite, and I love to try new varieties. Except sours :dead:
I will have to find you two a couple of nice ones from our small batches! If you or any member of PCF are ever in San Antonio at any time please look me up. I will show you around our brewery and I will have to drink some beer with you!

Maybe we need to start shipping beers with our chips?! :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Local.breweries with great IPAs and Stouts are Triptych Brewing and Lil Beaver Brewing in central IL. Fantastic selections if you check them out on Untapped app.

We actually have a small batch that is aging right now that is a sour and it really is not too bad. It was a little weird to try because it is still aging in a whisky barrel and not carbonated yet but it was not too bad! I have had some sours the were horrendous though!

I've tried. The beer lord knows I've tried. I just can't find the taste enjoyable.
Yeah, I feel ya. My wife hates them too, though she's never been much of a beer drinker until the last 3-4 years when she finally caved. :whistle: :whistling:

I love a good gose, it's one of my favorite styles.

I think I'll be having an interesting 2019: my sister-in-law gave me a gift subscription to one of those "Beers of the Month" clubs, I won a membership to one of the local breweries, and I had already purchased a membership to another one...

Does anyone here use "Untappd" to keep track of what they're drinking?

I use untapped to keep our beer menu up to date. I do not post what I am drinking. I do not want a trace of what I drink. Not sure when they can use it against me working for a brewery.

I use untapped to keep our beer menu up to date. I do not post what I am drinking. I do not want a trace of what I drink. Not sure when they can use it against me working for a brewery.
LOL - Big BEER Brother??

Maybe? No seriously if I am driving my company truck and I get in an accident they can use that info against me and the company

LOL - Big BEER Brother??
As crazy as it sounds, it's true. There have been times when beer distributors / reps have lost their jobs (or been reprimanded) for being seen drinking a competing brand.

I guess if you're in the beer industry in any way, having a record of your drinking another brand's product wouldn't be a good idea.

As crazy as it sounds, it's true. There have been times when beer distributors / reps have lost their jobs (or been reprimanded) for being seen drinking a competing brand.

I guess if you're in the beer industry in any way, having a record of your drinking another brand's product wouldn't be a good idea.
That is the last thing I would worry about being in the Craft Beer industry. Yes the majors will reprimand you for drinking a competitive product. In the Craft Beer industry we all work together so we do try each others beer. We are for growth of the category. In fact we do a bunch of collaborative brews. Our last one was with Sierra Nevada where they provided the recipe. We brewed it in our facility and sold it in our Taproom and Brewpub The name of the beer was Resilience IPA and all of the profits from what sold went to benefit Camp Fire Survivors from the California fire.

@David O Sounds like you're licing the dream brewery life out in California! Just looked up that beer and see it was a collaboration between a ton of breweries,real cool! Have you heard of Destihl Brewery? They're well known from Illinois for their award winning sours.

@David O Sounds like you're licing the dream brewery life out in California! Just looked up that beer and see it was a collaboration between a ton of breweries,real cool! Have you heard of Destihl Brewery? They're well known from Illinois for their award winning sours.
I am actually in San Antonio. I have not heard of them but will look them up. I work with Freetail Brewery. Check us out. We have been around for over ten years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom