Your Beer of Choice? (11 Viewers)

Any of these

DSC_0174.jpg

I take it those are your home brews? If so, that's awesome! Congrats!

I take it those are your home brews? If so, that's awesome! Congrats!
Yeah I was bragging a bit. My Extra Special Bitter took first in the English Bitter category and 3rd in the Best of Show round out of 409 entries. My English Porter took first in the English Brown Ale category and 4th in the Best of Show round.

Yeah I was bragging a bit. My Extra Special Bitter took first in the English Bitter category and 3rd in the Best of Show round out of 409 entries. My English Porter took first in the English Brown Ale category and 4th in the Best of Show round.

Nice! Been brewing for about 5 years now. Went all grain about 2 years ago, but just follow known recipes. Haven't been Brewing long enough to come up with my own stuff, let alone enter a competition. Any pics of your set up/equipment?

Yeah,

This is my eHERMS control panel that I built

DSC_0115.jpg

This is a pic of the kettles.

DSC_0113.jpg

This is the inside of the Hot Liquor Tank.

DSC_0060.jpg

I'd say there's nothing to be afraid of designing your own recipes. You already have the recipes you've been using, just research what they bring to the table and then add/subtract/substitute and see what you get. Generally better to limit the amount of change from one recipe to the next so you start getting an understanding of what the recipe change did in the final product.

I talk about it like it's easy but I've brewed my ESB many many times. But you'll end up with beer even if you aren't completely happy with the current version.

Yeah,

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

I'd say there's nothing to be afraid of designing your own recipes. You already have the recipes you've been using, just research what they bring to the table and then add/subtract/substitute and see what you get. Generally better to limit the amount of change from one recipe to the next so you start getting an understanding of what the recipe change did in the final product.

I talk about it like it's easy but I've brewed my ESB many many times. But you'll end up with beer even if you aren't completely happy with the current version.

Sweet! I figured you had a nice set up. I'll get there someday.

No pumps/automation for me (yet:sneaky:). I'm cheap. I use the Denny Conn batch sparge method. Homemade picnic cooler mash tun with a SS toilet line filter...:LOL: :laugh:. My hot liquor tank is my old 5 gal extract brewing pot and my stove.:rolleyes:

Sweet! I figured you had a nice set up. I'll get there someday.

No pumps/automation for me (yet:sneaky:). I'm cheap. I use the Denny Conn batch sparge method. Homemade picnic cooler mash tun with a SS toilet line filter...:LOL: :laugh:. My hot liquor tank is my old 5 gal extract brewing pot and my stove.:rolleyes:

Very similar to what I was using before I did this project. I loved it.

Yeah,

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

Awesome setup! This project (well, not quite this nice lol) has been on my to do list for years. I still mostly brew with extract recipes, with those being so easy the motivation to kick it to next level has stalled in favor of other projects.

Robinsons TROOPER

trooper.jpg

Reupholstering one of my tables, and filling in the hole for a 12-row chip tray, drinking a trooper waiting for the wood glue to dry.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom