Your Beer of Choice? (7 Viewers)

Sessions Premium Lager.

Love this beer, even though 11 oz. bottles are an abomination.

Attachments

• 15292010221177457539457359012340.jpg
    15292010221177457539457359012340.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 44
Just a Sam Adams Rebel IPA, nothing to get excited about beer-wise. But I got to enjoy it with my family at Hollywood Studios for Fathers Day, so that made it a little more special than it would normally be.

smKfTBLrt8X7961QKHpGL0nOBKI8bIfM6zNoR1VYztHWwjVCS52s9z9Nzfd_S-NGwPHgeAH8-ZOsSFxHOJyjsA9jcCpAucaths3SaAGSh42GJUvDtUQc4K6sMbezyVfeGHTQW2A58M1pWTk9QFN16LcZ8M4LyhElPn0a2z281vsD1GJyS7EDz2hDcZWowmvcXLpWRJUtiNu7-31IVg403CQMNbFnGaUIULz46I9hYtXofryVUrMKAIBdI9azGrQXONmCPmIXRmI4jFGyxt6Unrb4e8son6PtXLH3Cp5zCO9Sb7bHZutnHBiSJPGr68CEQofVuTcKAA0nvqSjGwj2cUyGlsnttSq24KO8UKH44RMo1Jm5pxfhKIs14W390a943Jnu7q2ZxiBKs4lNwrt5O4h6V3EsIKhfzkZq_fM_cNrC-fBH1SLtpXKr2M6IDKeIxFsTxu5MSwF-btMGEdZI86r0GfC28F5IAQeQcL22rLWYy_z1BNG_SCW_spKAt5PEDcYH17Fz_2P8C_mGjmlt03Iaod_DvU8Z8nX7OeyPQ8KV495gDQyU1NYtFeI0xrScL_js242BUXong95YjYxRaWEjBhHHSKIobYBMUuiU=w687-h915-no

Man, I feel like I'm really missing out on this craft brew scene. This is definitely the era of the beer drinker. Problem is, I don't care very much for IPA's which is all the rage for beer these days. Also I don't like to feel like I wasted money buying and trying different brews to figure out what I like. I usually stick to two or three fingers of Woodford Reserve on ice or a Jack and Coke for a cocktail and call it a day. lol

Great pictures though.

Man, I feel like I'm really missing out on this craft brew scene. This is definitely the era of the beer drinker. Problem is, I don't care very much for IPA's which is all the rage for beer these days. Also I don't like to feel like I wasted money buying and trying different brews to figure out what I like. I usually stick to two or three fingers of Woodford Reserve on ice or a Jack and Coke for a cocktail and call it a day. lol

Great pictures though.

I'm in that same boat - I like a good IPA once in a while, but it grinds my gears when a bar or restaurant has 15 taps and 12 of them are IPAs. That said, there are still a LOT of great beers out there that aren't hop bombs.

The cheapest way to figure out what you like, IMO, is to go to a shop that sells a wide variety of craft beers (something like Total Wine) and you can buy single bottles. If you build your own six pack it'll come in around $12-15 or so depending on what you get. Lots of bars and restaurants also do beer flights too - you can try four different beers, almost always under $10.

And for God's sake, stop putting ice in your whiskey! ;)

...or Beer flights. A lot of bars now offer them. I think they know that 50 brews is intimidating, but being able to order up a plank with 5-6 small glasses on them gives you a good education to see what you like and don't like.

Even better, go at a non-busy time and befriend the bartender. Tip well, and ask questions. You'll be surprised at how much you can sample for "free".

I'm in that same boat - I like a good IPA once in a while, but it grinds my gears when a bar or restaurant has 15 taps and 12 of them are IPAs. That said, there are still a LOT of great beers out there that aren't hop bombs.

The cheapest way to figure out what you like, IMO, is to go to a shop that sells a wide variety of craft beers (something like Total Wine) and you can buy single bottles. If you build your own six pack it'll come in around $12-15 or so depending on what you get. Lots of bars and restaurants also do beer flights too - you can try four different beers, almost always under $10.

And for God's sake, stop putting ice in your whiskey! ;)

It's just a cube, just a cube!

Old habits die hard. :D

I don't have a beer of choice, per se. I enjoy all kinds of good beers. My friend opened a brewery about 3 minutes from my house, and he has 6 or 7 handles that I could consider my favorite.

I had never been a whiskey drinker at all until January, when, for a toast at my dad's 80th birthday, I made him an bourbon Old Fashioned. The OF was always his drink, but he's a simple guy, and he always did Southern Comfort and a mixer. I'm too snobby for that, and the occasion was too special, so I learned to make an old-fashioned Old Fashioned; sugar cube, bitters, and bourbon. And a single big fancy ice cube! My goodness, I was instantly hooked.

Couple of my favorite local IPAs (Mosaic 8.6%) followed by a Yuengling to wash them down.
20180708_190815.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom