Your Beer of Choice? (6 Viewers)

Thanks @gopherblue !

IMG_7072.JPG

Nice try Lazy Magnolia, but this is NOT a NE style IPA. (Still decent, but not a good represenation of the style)

20180219_220413.jpg

Nice try Lazy Magnolia, but this is NOT a NE style IPA. (Still decent, but not a good represenation of the style)

For a long time, Lazy Magnolia was the only local craft brewer. Their flagship, Southern Pecan, is a nice brown ale, but I wouldn't have known it had pecans if it didn't say so on the label. They've got some pretty good stuff, but nothing that floored me.

But with a change in the laws (% allowed) a few years back, more finally sprung up. I've been obsessed with Southern Prohibition Brewing lately. Had a game last night. Damn slackjaws took all my money, but on the plus side had their Paradise Lost for the first time. Killer. Double dry hopped IPA with some citrus and pine stuff going on. Other standouts include Fire Ant (amber ale, improved even more in a barrel aged variant), Crowd Control (probably called that because the scent packs a wallop), Devil's Harvest ("breakfast" IPA which apparently just means a little lighter), Ragana (baltic porter, whatever that is ... seems to mean good and dark). Plus, on a minor note, their graphic design/marketing hits the mark. I'm no one's idea of an expert, but the online beer snobs seem to agree that these guys know what they're doing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom