WSOP chip history (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I’d love to have a thread dedicated to the history of the chips used in the WSOP. I know there was a similar thread on chiptalk, but sadly, like the rest of the site, it’s been neglected and a lot of images are lost.
http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/threads/world-series-of-poker-wsop-chip-history-by-jojong.60281/
Maybe I’ll rebuild what’s there, over here. But aside from what’s there, I’d be rebuilding the wheel. So if anybody has the knowledge, useful images, or other source material, please, let’s hear from you.

Recommend you make it a resource rather than a thread, although the thread can be used to collect info and pics.

Great idea.

As far as the chips. I think most of those chips were identified from old grainy WSOP videos. That is what i used when i was building my reference work sheet. I am not sure where Jojong found 1970, 71, 72, but i can confirm that 1973 was the first year i saw a WSOP video and those were the chips in play. Though I could not tell if the $25 was a dieswirl or horseshoe mold. Also, the H&C set was also used in 1987. I saw the T25, T100 and T5k chips in the 1987 video (at least that is what my notes say).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom