Share your knowledge of the history of Dunes chips (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I’d love to see a complete written history of the Dunes chips, or at least the ones that are commonly traded here.
I have read that the Dunes Baccarats (and presumably the similar 39mm versions) were found in a vault in the rubble after the Dunes was exploded.
But I’d love to know any other details. Like how many there were, if there were others that were actually destroyed, how long they were actually on the tables, etc. Were all the chips recovered immediately sold to Spinettis, or was there some kind of public sale?
Things like that.
I have a few racks of baccarat $5s and they’re all strangely near mint. Like, if they were felted at all, it was very briefly. And yet the $20s I have show considerable wear, comparatively. So were these played more? It’s all vaguely mysterious to me.

I had typed most of this out in a sales thread, where @charitycase asked a question. But I realized it wasn’t quite appropriate for somebody else’s classified.
And sorry, there’s probably an existing thread, but I have to go mow the lawn and don’t have time to search.

1683394859007.jpeg

I may have cleaned Spinettis out on some shuffle barrels of these...

Great chips, crappy inlay art.

The end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom