Working on custom cash set for Tiger Style Card Room (1 Viewer)

Mondaynight

Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
This forum sure knows how to empty out a guy's wallet. Just joined, already in the hole. Picking up a used poker table next month and now designing custom chips for a group buy... I'm thinking these are pretty close to final but let me know what you think. First time I've done this. =)

Fortunately, I have a background in graphic design (designing beer labels!!) so that helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 3.13.16 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 3.13.16 PM.png
    199.7 KB · Views: 236
Tigers, eh?

You're off to a good start, but I'd be wary of dirty pots/stacks with the quarter and $1 both having that same shade of light blue/turquoise on them.

And what is a dirty pot/stack? Easily intermingled? Colors rubbing off?
The former. It can be difficult to discern which chip is which if the colors bleed into one another when the chips are stacked or splashed together in a pot

What about one of these (green/purple) for the 25¢? I really like the idea of a solid hot stamp for the frac (picking up some lingo, nerds). If I go with purple I could lighten the purple tiger up to more of a lavender probably.

1685131555375.png

What about one of these (green/purple) for the 25¢? I really like the idea of a solid hot stamp for the frac (picking up some lingo, nerds). If I go with purple I could lighten the purple tiger up to more of a lavender probably.

View attachment 1141060
I like the purple one. Try to lighten it up a bit with a bright pink spot instead of a lighter purple.

I like the adjustments. One thing to point out, I noticed the $ in the $25 chips gets lost. I had to double check to make sure this was a cash set.

I like the adjustments. One thing to point out, I noticed the $ in the $25 chips gets lost. I had to double check to make sure this was a cash set.
Good catch! Another round of adjustments coming and I'll incorporate that. Still fiddling with colors. Lightening the purple in the $100 and the teal in the $25 a touch.

Your latest edit is amazing and your $25 reminds me of the OP PCA $25 (which I love). One question or concern on the $100 is the inlay choice color, why not stick with white, I understand it on your $1, but why the $100 not match the rest of the set?

Your latest edit is amazing and your $25 reminds me of the OP PCA $25 (which I love). One question or concern on the $100 is the inlay choice color, why not stick with white, I understand it on your $1, but why the $100 not match the rest of the set?
Yeah… the reality of our low stakes games is that a $100 will rarely, if ever, hit the table. So if it does, I wanted it to be a statement. Kind of like a murdered out truck.

#1 think I look at and always notice is the curvature of the lettering. Yours is definitely off. Take a look at the T in TIGER, E in STYLE, and M in ROOM. They aren’t the same distance from the edge of circle. You might check ATLANTA also.
IMG_7305.jpeg

#1 think I look at and always notice is the curvature of the lettering. Yours is definitely off. Take a look at the T in TIGER, E in STYLE, and M in ROOM. They aren’t the same distance from the edge of circle. You might check ATLANTA also.
View attachment 1141095
Doing this part by hand so could use another discerning set of eyes. How does this land?
1685197054096.png

What software are you using? Should be possible to not do it by hand and have it perfectly follow a circle.

What about mirroring the tiger on the $25? I think it would fill the space better.

What software are you using? Should be possible to not do it by hand and have it perfectly follow a circle.

What about mirroring the tiger on the $25? I think it would fill the space better.
Illustrator… but the first version was it perfectly following the a circle. So clearly that’s not the answer. I think I tried mirroring on the $25 but I’ll give it another go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom