HCL Tribute Set on cheap plastics (1 Viewer)

Mushmanchuman

Two Pair
Reaction score
Just finished labeling my new Hustler “Cardroom” set. These have @Gear labels (well worth the wait ) on some cheap “Welcome Las Vegas” 9g plastics.

I first wanted the Tropicana Evansville plastics but read that they were 13grams. A little heavy for my liking. Luckily I found a great set of WLV’s on here for $65! I used the chips with the highest counts for my lower denominations. Perhaps I would have changed up the set-up if I had more of the other colors. Regardless, I’m really happy with the look of these. I have more reds and blues coming from Kardwell w/extra labels. Right now we are a little short on fracs. The old folks always bitch unless they have at least 40 nickels a piece, at all times. They do however love the white background with BIG numbers on the chips.

I like them because they do not clank like my Aria’s CM ceramics. (My table is kinda under my kids room so it helps when I host at the house.) Plus my cards molds chips are starting to get some spinners.

These HCL’s have no spinners and are super buttery to shuffle. Chris put the textured, non laminated labels on these and they shuffle better than the original, factory labels that had a hard laminated finish.

I had a real fun time getting the labels off. Had to cut them off, non-acetone nail polish remover to remove the glue, screw driver to scrap off the gunk, then another round of nail polish remover followed up by a small screwdriver to clean up all around the edges. Then a warm water bath with a little dish soap. I think it’s cool that I put in a TON of hours into this project and put $300 worth of labels on these cheap ass chips.

I’ve done about 5 re-label projects on good clay chips and this project is my favorite. It just fits my style. I recommend @Gear for any re-label projects.
IMG_0077.jpeg
IMG_0079.jpeg
IMG_0078.jpeg
IMG_0062.jpeg

First time they hit the felt. Games Chicago, highest spade in the hole wins half the pot.

We were very pleasantly surprised with how well these turned out.
Both of us noted the buttery feel and we knew right away this was going to be great.

Just one item of note:
Chris put the textured, non laminated labels on these
Actually, these were glossy vinyl laminated with the matte laminate. (same as what we would use for Majestics/Royals)
It is a bit thicker, and hides more sins underneath the label. (manufacturer's marks / metal slugs)

Just finished labeling my new Hustler “Cardroom” set. These have @Gear labels (well worth the wait ) on some cheap “Welcome Las Vegas” 9g plastics.

I first wanted the Tropicana Evansville plastics but read that they were 13grams. A little heavy for my liking. Luckily I found a great set of WLV’s on here for $65! I used the chips with the highest counts for my lower denominations. Perhaps I would have changed up the set-up if I had more of the other colors. Regardless, I’m really happy with the look of these. I have more reds and blues coming from Kardwell w/extra labels. Right now we are a little short on fracs. The old folks always bitch unless they have at least 40 nickels a piece, at all times. They do however love the white background with BIG numbers on the chips.

I like them because they do not clank like my Aria’s CM ceramics. (My table is kinda under my kids room so it helps when I host at the house.) Plus my cards molds chips are starting to get some spinners.

These HCL’s have no spinners and are super buttery to shuffle. Chris put the textured, non laminated labels on these and they shuffle better than the original, factory labels that had a hard laminated finish.

I had a real fun time getting the labels off. Had to cut them off, non-acetone nail polish remover to remove the glue, screw driver to scrap off the gunk, then another round of nail polish remover followed up by a small screwdriver to clean up all around the edges. Then a warm water bath with a little dish soap. I think it’s cool that I put in a TON of hours into this project and put $300 worth of labels on these cheap ass chips.

I’ve done about 5 re-label projects on good clay chips and this project is my favorite. It just fits my style. I recommend @Gear for any re-label projects.
View attachment 1187049View attachment 1187050View attachment 1187051View attachment 1187052
First time they hit the felt. Games Chicago, highest spade in the hole wins half the pot.
Incredible work! I love the chips for the feel/ price.

We were very pleasantly surprised with how well these turned out.
Both of us noted the buttery feel and we knew right away this was going to be great.

Just one item of note:

Actually, these were glossy vinyl laminated with the matte laminate. (same as what we would use for Majestics/Royals)
It is a bit thicker, and hides more sins underneath the label. (manufacturer's marks / metal slugs)
Ok yeah the matte is what is the game changer! I shoulda read the sheet again to get the right name/type. Thanks again.

only thing as a traditionalist I would probably raise dropping 4 nickel's into the pot and announce $20. The labels look great though nice set.
We got a guy that says I raise 3 when he puts in 15 cents. I woulda rather had the reds $5’s I think. Just gotta get more blacks for the fracs. Or maybe I’ll buy some yellows for fracs or label them NCV

Last edited:
I think it’s cool that I put in a TON of hours into this project and put $300 worth of labels on these cheap ass chips.
Like lipstick on a pig! ;)

Huge improvement, I'd really like to rock these at a meetup, or if you samples? :love::wow:

Like lipstick on a pig! ;)

Huge improvement, I'd really like to rock these at a meetup, or if you samples? :love::wow:
I don’t think the bank would stretch enough for an actual big boy game! It fits my stakes for the old folks game ($10 buy in) and my home game which is .5/.10 blinds with a $20-$40 buy in.

I can send you some samples when I get more fracs. Right now I can’t spare one single nickel

@Mushmanchuman

Have you checked out Justin Caruthers (sp) dealer button sales? I think there are a few hustler appropriate themed dealer buttons in his recent two sales of 65mm and 80mm chips.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...m-x-20mm-sept-2023.108631/page-5#post-2262345

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/65mm-acrylic-dealer-buttons-in-stock.108049/
The dudes would love the hooters buttons for sure!! My wife however….lol I’m not huge into dealer buttons. I got a few that I use.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom