Giveaway Windwalker Giveaway #1: 1000th Post (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also -- someone entered as me, meaning put my PCF Username in the slot where yours was supposed to be -- assuming that's a mistake, so if you don't see your name on here and you took the Quiz, let me know.
Wait there was a slot where you were supposed to put your own username?

Someone entered my name into the “what is your username” field, instead of their own. I left it there, so that in case there is someone who doesn’t see their name on the board, they’d recognize their error. This is the second time this has happened :)
I did it this morning if the first question was supposed to be your own username

So, of course, you’re right. I was just putting it there as simple math. There’s actually no way to do this, because every entrant has a potentially different number of entries.

So, on first pick, the basic stats formula holds true. But on second pick, let’s say @Steppenwolf has gotten picked first, I’d need to remove all of his entries from the total in order to recalculate odds. It actually makes it impossible to find a formula for, since we don’t know how many entries will be removed at each pick. You can run it a million times, and maybe approximate a curve like you did, but it would still be wildly innacurate because every pick changes the dimensions of the inputs by massive (or tiny) amounts.

So, I gave up on the simulation and did straight arithmetic. :)

Yep, I ran the sim as you described, removing the 1st seat from the 2nd drawing, removing both from 3rd drawing,etc.

I did 1000 runs and it probably could have used 10k or even 100k because still some noise

F301CB8E-56D1-4269-9D0F-AC986DABF356.jpeg

Yep, I ran the sim as you described, removing the 1st seat from the 2nd drawing, removing both from 3rd drawing,etc.

I did 1000 runs and it probably could have used 10k or even 100k because still some noise

View attachment 555507
You ran it with the additional 115 entries that have only 1 entry into the contest?

View attachment 555507
You probably did this, but confirming: you can’t just remove the seat, you have to remove the unique number of entries each person had in the drawing, due to their quiz results.

Not sure but may have only got the dogs correct myself... but I like pets!! Lol hope I did better, I did some serching and knew a couple from my time getting to know Krish!

Just over 24 hours to go to complete the quiz. Here’s a quick timeline (all times in Pacific Time).

- 11:59PM Sunday Oct 18 - quiz closes.
- 1:00AM Monday Oct 19 - Answers posted.
- 8:00PM Monday Oct 19 - Final entries list with number of entries and percentage chance of getting picked, pre-drawing.
- 8:00PM Tuesday Oct 20 - Final 32 from drawing posted, and tourney structure / details posted.
- 11:00am Sunday Oct 24 - Tournament!
is it 1am yet?

I was able to tally final results tonight -- still on a rush from a hell of a run at the tables. Here are the final quiz standings. Of course, this is all in good fun, so please don't use this as a means to tease or pester other people about this -- it was just a fun idea to get some group participation going. That said, I don't know how, but one user did manage to get every answer incorrect. It may even be a gag entry, who knows? Anyway -- I will post the final answers right after this.

Some of you have let me know you either want to drop out, or have other obligations. I have not scrubbed the list for those changes yet.

IF YOUR NAME IS NOT ON THE LIST BELOW:

a) You entered my username instead of yours, and I have no idea who you are. There was one instance of this where I still have not figured out who it is,

OR

b) You forgot to enter and take the quiz,

OR

c) This list has now been scrubbed against my "asshat clause". It means that I would prefer you not participate in my giveaway, and given our interactions, you should have known better than to enter.

1603124615486.png

1603124638891.png

1603124658549.png

1603124669494.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom