Why do I want plaques so much? (1 Viewer)

Wouldn't mind seeing pics
A454CF7F-9A72-4D55-B4AC-ACC1FEAF7D27.jpeg

Can plaques be produced with a shallow recess in the center to “customize” with @Gear labels??
That could make for a hell of a GB.
Simple colors for a tourney set comes to mind:
Green
Black
Purple
Yellow
Orange

I had a good size set of the PNY matsui plaques at one time...very pretty but terrible to play with. I have considered starting a plaque collection, that would be really cool wall art, but all my other collecting has gotten out of control. I love all the pics!

I had a good size set of the PNY matsui plaques at one time...very pretty but terrible to play with.

They seem like you need a lot of space for them. They slide around on top of each other a lot, and I guess if they are totally flat sometimes they can stick to each other.

I love plaques, they just look so bad ass on the table. For general game play, yeah, chips are more effective, but the visual aspect of stacks of plaques more than makes up for it. Players seem to love plaques too, there is always some wows and chatter about the plaques.

But i do feel they should only be for the higest value in your tournament/cash games. Makes them feel even more special and they won't really affect game play in a negative way.
IMG_20200824_120809_20200825090831254.jpg
FB_IMG_1603608464080.jpg

They seem like you need a lot of space for them. They slide around on top of each other a lot, and I guess if they are totally flat sometimes they can stick to each other.
The Matsui plaques were perfectly flat and seemed to have a static cling, or suction that made it difficult to separate them when you tried to grab a few to bet.

The only MSK plaques I have are the magistic ones. This means when I compare them to the Abiatti or Matsui plaques they look far inferior. I suspect this may just be a function though of the magestic are is really simple.

Interested to see what the CDI plaques look like from MSK when they are done.

Well, you always get what you pay for, so obviously a msk plaque won't compare to an abbiati or b&g plaque. They are still pretty damn good. I find that having logos etc. printed with msks opaque option made a world of diffrence and well worth the extra cost.

Absolutely, the Club House plaques are very much different from the Majestics, but both from MSK.

Did anyone watch the Triton highroller series on Youtube? In one Session they have basically ONLY plaques to play with. I never saw experienced players that uncomfortable with their tools

Did anyone watch the Triton highroller series on Youtube? In one Session they have basically ONLY plaques to play with. I never saw experienced players that uncomfortable with their tools
Link please - would love to watch that

The amount of 10k's on the table is pretty ridiculous, but perhaps necessary since the next denom is 100k! I agree having plaques as the workhorse in a cash game might not be the best idea, and especially so in this game. Also, those oval plaques are probably the hardest shape to handle and personally my least favorite. The rubber band is likely just left over from when the plaques were stored (I hope :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:).

Ivey's got the right idea... :D

ivey.PNG

Those things are obscene. Disgusting. I felt bad for the dealer having to cut and count them.

If they're going to have that many plaques stacked up on the table, they should just go back to using fish. Make a big loose sloppy pile of them.

Reject Modernity, Embrace Tradition.

1608049538325.png
1608049558916.png
1608049586336.png
1608049602329.png
1608049614376.png

I loved plaques when I first got into chips. Bought a bunch of $10.000 ones and used them as tenners. I have $20 plaques for my cash DDLM set and $25,000 for the tournaments. I so badly wanted $5000's but the cost was prohibitive.

Now that I have my first Paulson set I'm over them, don't care to have them at all. The $20's, $25's & 100's are just too nice of chips.

Basically, plaques are cool, but don't overdo it.

I loved plaques when I first got into chips. Bought a bunch of $10.000 ones and used them as tenners. I have $20 plaques for my cash DDLM set and $25,000 for the tournaments. I so badly wanted $5000's but the cost was prohibitive.

Now that I have my first Paulson set I'm over them, don't care to have them at all. The $20's, $25's & 100's are just too nice of chips.

Basically, plaques are cool, but don't overdo it.
Yup, plaques are awesome, but more than 10 plaques per 100 chips is probably overdoing it, and makes it harder to play. It also kinda takes away from the prestige of these plaques which each person only has a few of. They’re similar to 47mm+ chips, in that they’re cool in small quantities, but with too many, they’re just kinda annoying. Regardless, I love both plaques and 47mm+ chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom