Why are we still using Paypal? (1 Viewer)

I know about the charge, I thought it was only 3-3.5%. Maybe they added extra for international.
I can't recall a transaction, when receiving funds, where I paid less than 4.2% fees. I always ask that of my buyers up front. I have had 4 buyers opt for business in my time here, out of many. I break even or lose a few pennies at 4.2%

EDIT : but yes, all my buyers opting for business, were international

After a few recent transactions here, I'm starting to get a little tired of PayPal. With so many members from around the world, the PayPal fees to send money via F&F are a little ridiculous considering it is an absolutely identical transaction that you would complete with Venmo.

I'm aware that Venmo is technically owned by PayPal, but that doesn't change the fact that Venmo has zero fees to transfer money from your balance, zero fees to make a payment with a debit card, and relatively small fees to send via a credit card. Additionally zero fees to withdraw money to a bank account, and something like .99 cents to transfer direct to a debit bank account instantly. Even more so, Venmo could could not care less what your transaction is for whereas we have to be "secretive" when sending a PayPal for chips when it should technically be a "Goods and Services" transaction with more, you guessed it, fees.

There must be some obvious reason I am missing as to why we are still doing transactions on PayPal? :banghead:
i totally agree! Venmo is the way to go, super easy to use and is in instantly.

Correct only available in the us. If it was international you’d get those same fees.

I would never use Venmo, Zelle is a more secure trusted app.

I personal think in a year or two people will have the same post asking why aren't we using pier to pier crypto wallets

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom