Who's actually had clay chips damaged in play? (3 Viewers)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
This thread is inspired by the “chip slamming” thread. A lot of people are concerned that their expensive chips could get damaged during normal or rough play. Maybe this thread will put some people at ease (or maybe it will keep all of us up at night, if there are actually horror stories / pictures.)

But I’ll start. I haven’t had anything close to damage. Not even a flea bite. It’s probably worth mentioning that most of my chips have been leaded Paulsons. Just a few RHCs. One BCC set, no CPC/ASMs. And always played on a padded surface. But so far so good - no cracks, no broken chips, no noticeable damage at all.

This thread is inspired by the “chip slamming” thread. A lot of people are concerned that their expensive chips could get damaged during normal or rough play. Maybe this thread will put some people at ease (or maybe it will keep all of us up at night, if there are actually horror stories / pictures.)

But I’ll start. I haven’t had anything close to damage. Not even a flea bite. It’s probably worth mentioning that most of my chips have been leaded Paulsons. Just a few RHCs. One BCC set, no CPC/ASMs. And always played on a padded surface. But so far so good - no cracks, no broken chips, no noticeable damage at all.
Are you playing by yourself still, Rob? ;)

@krafticus had a bounty chip completely shatter once. He might have a picture. All that happened is that the chip gently impacted a drywall surface at a high rate of speed after traveling no more than 20 feet across a room. Normally handling conditions if you ask me.

I experienced spirit mold chips disolving in the pot once at @longflop game. Oddly it was only one of the colors but it was funny because 5 chips went in pot and only 4 plus chip crumbles came out.

I lost a $25 Pharaoh to a chair at someone's home game I brought them to. Chair wheel went overtop and broke it into 3 pieces. The label held it all together, just the plastic broken.

On the actual table I didnt notice anything. The odd chip will eventually have the odd tiny nick, not sure when it happens.

@krafticus had a bounty chip completely shatter once. He might have a picture. All that happened is that the chip gently impacted a drywall surface at a high rate of speed after traveling no more than 20 feet across a room. Normally handling conditions if you ask me.

I experienced spirit mold chips disolving in the pot once at @longflop game. Oddly it was only one of the colors but it was funny because 5 chips went in pot and only 4 plus chip crumbles came out.
Haha, the olllldddd spirit molds. Felt great, sounded great, didn't last. Thank god they were cheap enough where you could afford to lose a couple each poker night.

Ha
EFA86D0B-163C-4F1B-BB36-0FDDF5C33F92.jpeg

Never inviting the asshole who threw this at the wall back.

Shit…. It was me

I have never seen a chip damaged in play in any environment I’ve ever been in. While stumbling drunk….I mean while carefully restacking, I’ve spilled my chips on my basement’s hard tile floor innumerable times.

Had a CPC break dropped of a table on to garage floor concrete once. Several fleabites, but hard to define the exact moments of each.

Had a few fleabites due to chips being dropped on the floor but no real damage, not even from the chip slamming monster

The first time I used my unused Detroit Jack tournament solids I noticed a bunch of little radiant red clay flakes on the speedcloth the next morning. It was the T5’s but they look fine and I think it was mostly flashing on the edges. Maybe an rhc hat too close to the edge was also sacrificed but such is life.

Haha. Unfortunately not a test. Slamming the dealer button and tossing chips into the metal dealer tray are the biggest problems.
That’s a strange thing to do. I guess I should be greatful that all my guests are civilized.

I wanted to test how difficult it was to snap an ASM kenmore lanes frac a couple of years ago. It was not as tough as I thought is was going to be. I have learned my lesson and not attempted to break any other chips.
Also, my apologies to the chipper that I sold a rack of 99 ASM fracs to a couple of years back. It's my own curiosity that prevented you from getting a full rack.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom