Who can stamp TRK chips?? (1 Viewer)

mipevi

Full House
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten their TRK scrowns stamped? Fabian (meatboy) told me he once stamped them, but it was problematic, and he does not wish to do so again. I think that was with a Kingsley hand operated stamper though, so I'm wondering if a Malahide machine would produce better results... But would the slightly small diameter of TRK's produce new challenges? Anyone have experience? Advice? Guesstimates?? :confused:

Wasn't cgraham86 (or something like that) also hot-stamping a while ago, too? Might be worth asking?

Well, those guys also have hand operated stampers afaik so I expect the same issues. I did reach out to cgraham86 but he seems MIA. Also asked SuckoutKing (I believe he has operated a Malahide machine) but no reply yet. Monkeydog is next on my list of hand stampers, but the chips are currently in the US and would make some sense to stay that way until shipped to me. For Malahide I think my next stop will be Palm Imports but to my knowledge they haven't tried stamping TRK's yet... Just checking if anyone besides Fabian has tried to stamp them. :)

It always seemed to surprise people back on the blue side as well... ;)

I did stamp one set of TRK for JM back in the day. As I recall they can out ok. But found the unrecessed surface a nucence. Never understood the whole scrape the surface philosophy. Felt like the hotstamp gets damaged in the process.

Just an update for anyone interested, cgraham86 confirmed how difficult it is to stamp TRK's (has done it, won't do it again), and SuckoutKing no longer stamps chips. Joe at PI was willing to give it a try with their Malahide, but that would have required a good amount of extras and plenty of time for the setup process. In the end the price vs. reward just wasn't appealing enough, so I'm moving on... :(

Are TRKs worse for hot stamping than others? I was waiting too long to pull the trigger on custom Paulsons so now I have to go with CPC, but they don't offer hot stamping. Can I get a custom hot stamped set now? Are there other types of blanks available? Paulsons would be nice but that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon...

Yeah you can get CPC chips stamped with custom dies, no problem. Just contact one of the stampers (meatboy, cgraham86, monkeydog) for more info. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom