Where Do You Keep Cards, Buttons, Plaques, etc? (3 Viewers)

BearMetal

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm really proud of myself that I've figured out where to keep my 43mm chips; it wasn't easy :)

But now I've got a ton of dealer buttons, plaques, cut cards, and decks that are just kinda thrown into a bin, and that makes me sad. As my dealer button/cut card collection grows, it's going to get even more out of hand.

So, I'm asking if people have solved this problem. If so, post your pics so I can steal your ideas.

Top 2 draws are slim so i put all that stuff in those.
20200511_162328.jpg

Plain cardboard box (from mailed chips:D) and plain metal box (from pathetic plastic chip combo) for buttons, card-cappers, deck-cappers and spare chair-silencers used as spacers in wrong racks.
Hard plastic tubes for sample sets.
Luxury (Trussardi upwards:p) tie boxes for some card decks.
Jasmine perfume spray, to persuade the Owls it's springtime throughout the year in Athens. :hearts:
They all fit in the secondary / auxiliary bookcase.

I haven't implemented my displays yet, but I plan to make my own shelves to display my dealer button collection. I think I'm going to go 4 feet wide. 1x4 for the back of the shelf, and 1x2 with a routed 1/2" groove for the bottom of the shelf. That should fit 20 - 60mm buttons per shelf. I already need more than six of these suckers. Dang.

Something like this:

1589230675257.png

Last edited:
I have 3 storage solutions. Cut cards I keep at the bottom of the decks, with the jokers to the decks below them.
dealer buttons, plaques, cut cards, and decks
  1. Range bags (2 sizes) -- hold 1,200 to 1,600 chips. They have pockets for cards, dealer buttons, card toppers, batteries, and anything else I might need.
  2. Pelican 1510 case -- configured for 1,000 chips. I also have the lid organizer that holds cards, dealer buttons, card toppers, batteries, and anything else I might need.
  3. Aluminum briefcase (2 that are slightly different) -- hold 650 chips. Could hold a dealer button or 2, and maybe 2 decks of cards. I think lousy solutions because of lack of room for cards, dealer buttons, card toppers, batteries, or anything else. They are more difficult to carry than the other solutions, but will keep the chips safe. However, I wouldn't travel with them because the other solutions I have do a better job. They are safer, easier to carry, and hold more stuff. I don't have to worry about handles breaking or the lids falling apart.

Here's some of the Pelican. I'll try to look up some of the range bag pics tomorrow. I may have posted them in a prior thread. :)

Attachments

• Pelican - Lid organizer.jpg
    Pelican - Lid organizer.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 290
  • Pelican - Main section.jpg
    Pelican - Main section.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 274
  • Pelican Case.jpg
    Pelican Case.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 278
Took a trip to the local big box hardware store, and looked for some pre-routed pieces I could use for my dealer button display shelves. I think I found a winner. I can attach a 1x3 board to this with no problem. Will keep looking, but this seems like it would work really well for a DB display shelf. I like that there would be no lip on the front side of this shelf, so nothing would block the face of the dealer button.

SHELF #1.jpg

@Himewad nice idea for a display shelf. So the button edge would rest in the groove at an angle?

Gonna need to dust them a lot ;)
Yes, the groove is for the button to "sit" in. Maybe they would need to be dusted every now and then, but I like the idea of my friends being able to pick them up off the shelf and look at them. Especially because most of them have really cool rolling edge artwork, and also because a few of them have a different image on the other side of the button.

Each shelf would cost around $10 plus paint, screws and mounting hardware. Much cheaper than ones I have found on Amazon. This is what I have in mind.

1590513978648.png

What's a good way to store buttons etc. when limited space is available. I only have a few buttons and live in a tiny condo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom