Where Do You Keep Cards, Buttons, Plaques, etc? (1 Viewer)

None so far, but it’s not hanging on the wall yet. I am leaning toward using keyhole hangers to hang them on the wall, but that would push the top out a bit, putting the buttons in danger of falling. I think I can remedy this by sticking little rubber disks on the bottom side of the back of the shelves.

I made six shelves (WAY too few btw) and decided to hang a few up in the closet where my poker chips and table are stored, just to get a feel for how far apart the shelves should be. These are 8 inches apart (top of one shelf to the top of the next one). Think I’m gonna go to 6 or 7 inches. Shelves are 4-feet long and hold twenty 60mm dealer buttons each.

Other than getting the spacing right, I’m very happy with how these are working out. I can see the full face of each button, and there is enough of a lean to keep them from falling forward.

148D99D1-0BD6-484D-9EB7-1C5B0C336547.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m not pursuing it very hard. Things have a way of opening up at unexpected moments.

So, nobody has ever found/made any "Dealer Button" racks? :)
I've been thinking this too. I do like the display shelves that @Himewad came up with. Very nice! But I have nowhere to hang something like that so I also have been wondering about a 60mm DB rack.

@One Eyed Dollar What do you say? Any body ever ask you to print up a 60mm DB rack? Personally, I think a 5x20 rack would be too big. Most DBs are 5.5mm thick, so what about a 4x10 or 4x15? So holding 40 or 60 DBs.

Although not really for display purposes, as I try to figure out the best way to actively display things like dealer buttons and member chips, I still needed a storage solution. I decided to model and 3D print my own interlocking vertical barrels:

View attachment 672559

View attachment 672562

View attachment 672563
I LOVE THESE!!! I display my dealer buttons on the wall (most of them, anyway), but for my spillovers and duplicates, these would be perfect. Are you making more and selling them?

I LOVE THESE!!! I display my dealer buttons on the wall (most of them, anyway), but for my spillovers and duplicates, these would be perfect. Are you making more and selling them?
Thanks! The DB-sized ones take like 4+ hours each on my (kid's) 3D printer, so I don't think it's feasible for me to make/sell them to members here. I also don't think that my print quality is enough to warrant charging for them. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

For any member who has a 3D printer, I can make the STL file available in case you wanted to print your own. But if you're someone I deal with a lot on PCF, I'd be happy to gift a few of them ;)

Although not really for display purposes, as I try to figure out the best way to actively display things like dealer buttons and member chips, I still needed a storage solution. I decided to model and 3D print my own interlocking vertical barrels:

View attachment 672559

View attachment 672562

View attachment 672563
I saw something that looked just like this on another thread recently. But I don't think they had DBs in them. Some other chips were leaned up against them in a photo shoot. I was going to ask what they were, then didn't get around to it. Was that you? These are super cool! My buttons are just stacked in the top compartment of my display cabinet, and I'm always knocking them over! So frustrating! Since these aren't for sale I guess I need to get my son to make me a wooden DB rack.

I saw something that looked just like this on another thread recently. But I don't think they had DBs in them. Some other chips were leaned up against them in a photo shoot. I was going to ask what they were, then didn't get around to it. Was that you? These are super cool! My buttons are just stacked in the top compartment of my display cabinet, and I'm always knocking them over! So frustrating! Since these aren't for sale I guess I need to get my son to make me a wooden DB rack.
@spellholly had 3D printed starting stack racks and I think was considering making larger ones for buttons. Not sure if that panned out.

Photo from this thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/mini-chip-rack-holds-1-barrel.68269/
1617836984619.png

I think it was in the mail thread, and I was posting the Isle of Capri dealer buttons that I just got. They were leaned up against a few of my test prints.

If your son has the skills to make these out of wood, then that's absolutely preferable to plastic. They would turn out really hot.

@spellholly had 3D printed starting stack racks and I think was considering making larger ones for buttons. Not sure if that panned out.

Photo from this thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/mini-chip-rack-holds-1-barrel.68269/
View attachment 672761
Oh yeah, I remember seeing that post a while back. To be honest, I got the idea for doing the vertical barrels from another thread where we were discussing why there are no mass produced vertical racks.

I initially made them for my 47mm member chips. In this case, I don't have enough member chips to fill out an entire rack, so although it would help organize them, a traditional rack wouldn't really be able to store them without them shuffling around all over. By using vertical racks, and storing them in a pelican case, I can basically store and transport them and not have to worry about having all the racks full.

Dealer buttons were the next logical step. I have so many DBs I don't know what to do with them until I figure out a good display solution.

I had a rough week at work last week... Lot of really intensive calls with large gaps in the middle while we waited for things to happen. So I had a bit of time to tinker around and this was the result.

Thanks! The DB-sized ones take like 4+ hours each on my (kid's) 3D printer, so I don't think it's feasible for me to make/sell them to members here. I also don't think that my print quality is enough to warrant charging for them. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

For any member who has a 3D printer, I can make the STL file available in case you wanted to print your own. But if you're someone I deal with a lot on PCF, I'd be happy to gift a few of them ;)
Ohhh i would love some of these. @One Eyed Dollar maybe could crank some out?

Ohhh i would love some of these. @One Eyed Dollar maybe could crank some out?
I think Ben is designing his own version of this, which uses a honeycomb style interlocking mechanism. It's more compact and more sturdy because there's more connection points... Certainly beyond the realm of my capabilities right now.

I don't know if he would feel comfortable selling ones that he printed based off of this design. I don't think they've been tested enough to ensure that they will last the test of time. The cleat might fail after so many disassemblies. But, I'm not here to make money off of this, so if he wanted to take the design and roll with it, then that's fine. But I think you would have to spend some time invested in perfecting it in order to sell it and have it hold up to the standards of 3D3P

I think it was in the mail thread, and I was posting the Isle of Capri dealer buttons that I just got. They were leaned up against a few of my test prints.

If your son has the skills to make these out of wood, then that's absolutely preferable to plastic. They would turn out really hot.
Yup, I do think that was the photo I was thinking of.

Not thinking this design out of wood, although that could be cool too! Something more like a traditional chip rack. Haven't completely thought it through yet though. I would want them to be part of a group of components that fit on the slide out trays of my cabinet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom