Where do I want to stay in Vegas? (1 Viewer)

Think of the worst rollercoaster you've ever been on and the NYNY coaster is still worse. Take her on the High Roller. At least that is 30 min instead of 30 sec.

Oh well, better luck next time. With the exception of a few hands, really cold cards. When I did get something, got rivered. When I tried to make a couple of moves with marginal hands, ran into the nuts. With AA I made a min raise and everyone folds.

Last time I was in Vegas (way too long ago. now...) we stayed at the Flamingo. We weren't looking for much in the way of a fancy room or resort, it was mostly a place for the four S'es. The central strip location was convenient to get to most places on foot, or even by some of the trams. It was also useful as we knew we would be going to a couple restaurants on Paradise (Firefly and Hofbrauhaus) and the walk back from those places was much appreciated.

Just a quick and mostly unnecessary addition to the long list of good suggestions and advice here.

(For those who haven't heard the term before, the 'four S'es' are sleep, shit, shower and shave)

I'd recommend Mandalay Bay if you're bringing the kids with you. They have a cool aquarium with sharks in it that the kids can check out, plus they have a great outdoor water park area with a wave pool and a lazy river to swim in. But whatever you choose, make sure they have a nice pool IMO.

I got in this evening and will do many things differently and some the same.

Going to Vegas for a soccer tournament can limit the choices of hotel. The MGM Grand is not the best for avoiding some of the wild side of Vegas. This is definitely a twenty something party place, from the line of weed smokers at the front to the drunk Guidos at the pool. If possible, one of the suggestions mentioned in this thread.

I did like everything about the Bally's tournament, except the run of cards. Dealers, chips (Paulson), and cards (Kem) were nice to use for the only chance I could get away. Next time there will be more time carved out for poker. There was of course plans for more than one tournament, just didn't happen.

Not sure what to think about this one. I attracted the drunk and stupid guy in the group that wanted to start shit while I just wanted to sit alone and drink a beer more than once. Just as odd but way more fun I met and had a few drinks, etc. with really big dudes that had money, tats, gold, and great attitudes, once at the MGM and at Harrah's. What a trip.

Thanks for all the contributions to this thread. It helped for this trip and those to follow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom