Where are people playing online these days? (1 Viewer)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Unless you're in a few lucky spots in the country, I get that online poker isn't 100% above board... But I've also heard folks play on underground sites, that run in the fringe. I'm not sure how I feel about these, but I like to play online, and if you don't risk much, then no biggie I think.

I've dabbled in a few online sites. I tried bovada a while back, and that kinda sucked IMHO, then they changed something that prevented me from playing anyway... After a while, a buddy got me into another site (I think out of Colorado) that folded after a year. I've also played online through a site run by a local buddy. So online poker is possible...

But the best overall experience has been the occasional PokerStars PCF "home" game, and find those pretty good (with zero rake and trustworthy players).

So who else is playing online, and where? If you don't want to share publicly, chat me up via pm..

Cheers

Poker Stars "Home" game - 3 times a week with my local crew. Several of those guys play cash on ACR. I haven't tried it personally.

I haven’t played real money since Black Friday, never really looked into any real money options after that honestly. I just started playing the P* PCH tournaments recently and it’s been pretty fun. I’d like to see some bigger tournaments with 20+ players.

Poker Stars "Home" game - 3 times a week with my local crew. Several of those guys play cash on ACR. I haven't tried it personally.

Any idea how they solve for the rake the site now takes from "play money" games...?

Any idea how they solve for the rake the site now takes from "play money" games...?
No - my guys all purchased a chip package to start, and most of us have many millions in play chips. The "rake" doesn't matter. We play tourney and not 'cash'

I know 3 or 4 people playing on Black Chip on the America's Card Room Network...just small potatos

I dabbled on Nitrogen (btc room), but they just don't really have the volume. It's not what it was before Black Friday.

I will stop here before I rant and get banished to the political board.

I have been playing on Ignition/Bovada for a while. I recently tried a few sessions on BetOnline which I’m liking more so far.
I’m thinking of trying Betonline. How has it been working for you? I want to get more hands to practice.

Bet Online Here, small stakes, sit n go's and tourney's, for about 5 months, going good so far.
So how are you depositing/withdrawing cash? Crypto, PayPal, normal checking? I have read a few things about to be safe you have to use some alternative means.

I used a World wide Credit card (some cards are restricted to just USA), for withdraw I just asked for check in the mail, took a couple weeks but all good.
Again keeping it small, under $500, just in case.

I used a World wide Credit card (some cards are restricted to just USA), for withdraw I just asked for check in the mail, took a couple weeks but all good.
Again keeping it small, under $500, just in case.
Awesome. That’s that stakes I want to play. I’m not looking to go big I just want to play .25/.50 - 1/2 online to practice for my 1/3 live here in OR card rooms. I need some low limit stakes to get reps first. The 100% first time deposit is useful. Downside is betonline charges 6% on each deposit and 2% on each withdrawal. But these are the options we have. Shrug

Last edited:
i use ACR, if you don't want to use bitcoin I could prob get you started with player to player transfer. They use bitcoin for deposits, but once on site its US dollar. let me know if you need help to get up and running. A lot of twitch streamers use it

I have several buddies who swear by Ignition. Been getting their payouts without any issues.

How long have you been on ignition? How are you depositing/withdrawing

I deposit with bitcoin its easy. I havent played much lately so I cant comment on withdrawals. I played a lot more on there in 2014-2016, they have a decent tourney schedule and run a "Black Diamond Poker Open" once a year with some pretty good guarantees. I only dabble in cash game but the 100nl I played didnt seem too hard.

Americas Card Room has some issues lately. Browse through the recent pages to see https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/...-true-discussion-thread-1112097/index387.html

How long have you been on ignition? How are you depositing/withdrawing
I have used CC and bitcoin to deposit.

I have received a check once a while back and bitcoin since then. For me, it cost $5 to cash the check since it was from a Canadian bank. Depending how much you withdrawal it might be better than the fee you pay to withdrawal bitcoin into your bank account.

I have barely played Ignition since the software change... and I don't really like it anymore. Just how the software works. Does it bug anyone else? I've read on Reddit people were accidentally clicking call because the "fold" button essentially morphs into the "call" button when it becomes your turn. Seems like a dumb glitch to miss when developing the software.

I hate the "DING" alerting you every time its your turn. I like hearing the checks and chips and everything so I don't want to turn sound off.

Oh well, I'm multitabling PLO8 and winning on every table... I shouldn't be complaining lol!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom