Whats your favorite coffee? (10 Viewers)

We’ve tried a variety of other coffee but still prefer Lavazza Espresso.

Attachments

• 35B3D621-8CAA-4355-8770-A4D022579318.jpeg
    35B3D621-8CAA-4355-8770-A4D022579318.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 52
That dumbass just ordered a coffee grinder.
Better late than never.
She’ll do.
This is a 1Zpresso JX-Pro. Maybe the best manual grinder on the market right now, for under $200. At least based on everything I’ve read. Super overkill for my current needs, but I figured I’d buy the last manual grinder I’d ever need.
My goodness this is a nice piece of equipment. I have nothing to compare it to at all, but you can tell when something is built right. Just watching the handle spin after the grind is complete - my god, they must have gotten their ball bearings from NASA. I am not going to kill a night’s sleep though, so I’ll have to wait for the morning to taste the glory.

14DCF40A-F28C-4442-9C73-0CAC95DF7617.jpeg

You don't until you do, and once you do you can't go back.

Honestly it seems expensive at first because you end up "trying" alot of stuff, but alot of these big name brands have monthly subscriptions and offer discounts. Death wish has a monthly subscription and you get a certain percentage off your order every month. They also allow you to accumulate points which can be cashed in for discounts or promotions. I Honestly don't think I could enjoy a standard cup of coffee anymore, Starbucks sucks, DD sucks, 711 ROFO all suck. Freaking water flavored coffee water lmao
Alright man, if something happens to me I hope you have good representation ;)
PXL_20220412_013100671.jpg

I'm a big fan of "shop local" and this is what's currently in my cup.

In the Chemex - simply amazing. The fruit and floral come though wonderfully and it's even better as it cools.
Screenshot_20220411-211551_Chrome.jpg

For my daily dose of espresso
Screenshot_20220411-211625_Chrome.jpg

Very smooth and silky. Not as nutty as I prefer, but it gets the job done.

Death Wish in a bag pre ground or in K cups is very different that full beans. You run your hands through these beans and you have to wash your hands from the oils. @joeyshin is not wrong though... the way they get the claim of "worlds strongest coffee" is that you literally have to use twice as much to get to that level.

Brie and I use about 2/3 of what they call for, even that is an expensive pot of coffee, I only drink about 28 ozs per day... I don't allow myself additional, again it is expensive and I would literally drink it all day and my heart would explode.

If you just like coffee flavor but strong, I do suggest trying the Death Wish, there are many others that are great coffee, just not the same strength.
Ok, so I made two pods about 20mins ago and tossed it in my Yeti work mug and am enjoying this coffee, very much. I was actually expecting the taste to be a little bolder. I could definitely make this my all day coffee as far as flavor goes, it's very nice. I don't have the vocabulary or writing skills to articulate all the nuances like some of these craft beer reviewers do, which I think 80% of are pompous bullshit anyway. I'm loving the coffee though, I just wish it was cheaper so I could have it on the reg. You guys and gals are are gonna drag me into this rabbit hole. I'm looking at French Presses now, wtf is happening...

Ok, so I made two pods about 20mins ago and tossed it in my Yeti work mug and am enjoying this coffee, very much.
So that’s more than twice the daily recommended dosage of caffeine right there. I’m curious how this goes for you. Though, if you’re used to a lot of caffeine every day, maybe it’s normal. I guess it’s all relative.

So that’s more than twice the daily recommended dosage of caffeine right there. I’m curious how this goes for you. Though, if you’re used to a lot of caffeine every day, maybe it’s normal. I guess it’s all relative.
Yeah, I can barely type this lol. Seriously though, I normally drink 2-3 cups in a normal day, rarely 4 but on occasion. This will one of those coffees I'll have on hand in case of emergencies I think, when I need that shot in the ass to get going. Oh wait, that's every day.

Ok, so I made two pods about 20mins ago and tossed it in my Yeti work mug and am enjoying this coffee, very much. I was actually expecting the taste to be a little bolder. I could definitely make this my all day coffee as far as flavor goes, it's very nice. I don't have the vocabulary or writing skills to articulate all the nuances like some of these craft beer reviewers do, which I think 80% of are pompous bullshit anyway. I'm loving the coffee though, I just wish it was cheaper so I could have it on the reg. You guys and gals are are gonna drag me into this rabbit hole. I'm looking at French Presses now, wtf is happening...
So in my opinion the French press gives coffee and even smoother flavor. I want that bold (bitter) in your face wake up call. I prefer mine through a standard drip pot. It is the strongest of the standard ways that I know of, maybe a percolator would be stronger but we don't own one yet.

As far as the strength, the pods are good but that coffee was ground weeks if not months ago and stored in those little cups. Brie grinds our coffee every couple of days. The difference is absolutely significant.

If it was me, and you like what you have there, it is cheaper to buy full beans from the death wish website. Buy a $15 grinder on eBay, a $50 coffee maker at Wally world and some filters. I understand the ease of the K cups, but once you know the difference it is very hard to go back.

I was the same as you Jim, no way I can afford this fancy stuff! But really it is not that much of an expense really. We buy our crac... coffee 5 pounds at a time, shipping is free and they give discounts for subscribers.

Go back to Newman's... before it's too late! I definitely could not at this point.

So in my opinion the French press gives coffee and even smoother flavor. I want that bold (bitter) in your face wake up call. I prefer mine through a standard drip pot. It is the strongest of the standard ways that I know of, maybe a percolator would be stronger but we don't own one yet.

As far as the strength, the pods are good but that coffee was ground weeks if not months ago and stored in those little cups. Brie grinds our coffee every couple of days. The difference is absolutely significant.

If it was me, and you like what you have there, it is cheaper to buy full beans from the death wish website. Buy a $15 grinder on eBay, a $50 coffee maker at Wally world and some filters. I understand the ease of the K cups, but once you know the difference it is very hard to go back.

I was the same as you Jim, no way I can afford this fancy stuff! But really it is not that much of an expense really. We buy our crac... coffee 5 pounds at a time, shipping is free and they give discounts for subscribers.

Go back to Newman's... before it's too late! I definitely could not at this point.
Thanks for the advice bud, very helpful! I need a girl to grind my beans :sneaky:

A PerfectPod for the Keurig may allow you to use your own ground coffee in a Keurig, and there are no plastic cups to deal with. I'm amazed my Keurig hasn't died of overuse since I got it.

I say 'may' since my machine is not one of the 2.0 versions.

There are a few clouds out today, so a few assertions:

1. K-cups are vastly inferior to Nespresso pods (either type). Maybe it's the machines themselves, but they just brew weaker coffee.

2. You can buy refillable K-cups as well as refillable Nespresso pods. Both work well.

3. Most people need to play a lot more with their grinds. I can go a lot finer with the grind for my French press than most people think.

4. I can drink only decaf, but I've never had a soul say my espresso or regular coffee is weaker than they are used to.

5. DD, Charbucks, and 7-11 have *always* sold lousy coffee.

Last edited:
There are a few clouds out today, so a few assertions:

1. K-cups are vastly inferior to Nespresso pods (either type). Maybe it's the machines themselves, but they just brew weaker coffee.

2. You can buy refillable K-cups as well as refillable Nespresso pods. Both work well.

3. Most people need to play a lot more with their grinds. I can go a lot finer with the grind for my French press than most people think.

4. I can drink only decaf, but I've never had a soul say my espresso or regular coffee is weaker than they are used to.

5. DD, Charbucks, and 7-11 have *always* sold lousy coffee.
Agree to all points except 4 - have not had a sample!

This months coffee of the month arrived! Can't wait to try it tomorrow.
View attachment 900137
Mmmm that sounds good.

I've been reducing the amount of sugar and cream I put into my coffee and have found I can do that more easily with the lighter roasts so may move my subscription to some light roasts for a while.

Mmmm that sounds good.

I've been reducing the amount of sugar and cream I put into my coffee and have found I can do that more easily with the lighter roasts so may move my subscription to some light roasts for a while.
I prefer lighter roasts for my Chemex. I gave up cream and sugar in my coffee a few years back. Best decision ever!!

Just catching up on this thread after a while, so I'll cram all my comments into one post.

First, a decent French press is one of the cheapest, easiest ways to make good coffee. Just make sure you get one that has a stainless steel plunger and a glass or stainless steel carafe, and keep it clean.

Whole beans + good grinder >>>>>>>>>>> pre-ground.

Roasting beans yourself > buying the good stuff locally >>>>> Starbucks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Keurig.
(But I'd be a liar if I said I don't occasionally get a Starbucks americano or use the Keurig at work when I'm jonesing for caffeine.)

So in my opinion the French press gives coffee and even smoother flavor.
skeletor-wat.gif

Sorry, Ben, couldn't help myself. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I like French press because to my palate, it's a lot bolder and thicker than most other preparation methods (except espresso).

I’ve finally burned through my back stock of canned cafe du Monde and I’m considering changing brands and even methods. I have kind of a strange method as is, but when I was doing some investigation I came across the conclusion that I’m also using 1/2 the beans I should be.

So basically I can’t stand cleaning out a French press. Like oh god do I hate doing it. I have an old house and After I dump out the grounds in the trash and want to wash out the equipment i end up outside with a pitcher of water pouring it over into things and dumping stuff into the bushes. I don’t want to rinse the rest of the grounds down the sink because again, old house and bad for the pipes.

So what I do is put the coffee into a cold brew bag and put the bag into the French press and add water and steep. For 30 minutes. Like I go take a shower and make breakfast and it is done. Pour off the coffee and good to go.

Now I did some measuring and I am using 35g of coffee and 840g of water. If you follow a 12:1 ratio I should be using double that.

Oops.

More things to figure out as I switch up my brewing.

I’ve finally burned through my back stock of canned cafe du Monde and I’m considering changing brands and even methods. I have kind of a strange method as is, but when I was doing some investigation I came across the conclusion that I’m also using 1/2 the beans I should be.

So basically I can’t stand cleaning out a French press. Like oh god do I hate doing it. I have an old house and After I dump out the grounds in the trash and want to wash out the equipment i end up outside with a pitcher of water pouring it over into things and dumping stuff into the bushes. I don’t want to rinse the rest of the grounds down the sink because again, old house and bad for the pipes.

So what I do is put the coffee into a cold brew bag and put the bag into the French press and add water and steep. For 30 minutes. Like I go take a shower and make breakfast and it is done. Pour off the coffee and good to go.

Now I did some measuring and I am using 35g of coffee and 840g of water. If you follow a 12:1 ratio I should be using double that.

Oops.

More things to figure out as I switch up my brewing.

i use cafe du monde as well and it brews really dark so i only use 1/2-1/3 the grounds that i would use with other coffee. It even says on the package that you should use less. I sometimes use french press too, but find that my countertop coffee maker works just as well. I use a micromesh filter, but you could just use a paper filter and then just lift it out and throw in trash.
If you don't want to do that, then just keep a container on the countertop and dump grinds in there, then just throw the grinds into a flowerbed since coffee grinds make for good compost and fertilizer.

If anyone is looking for a new coffee machine and is specifically looking for a Moccamaster, it's on sale on Amazon and Wayfair in an assortment of color options
https://slickdeals.net/f/15753874-t...r-polished-silver-279-at-amazon?src=frontpage
I’m not trying to poop on that deal (which I’m sure has expired) but this is more of a question. $300ish seems like an awful lot to spend on a drip coffee maker. I assumed it had a grinder built in at first glance, but no. Drip coffee is such a simple process, I have to ask - are people routinely spending that much money, and why?

I’m not trying to poop on that deal (which I’m sure has expired) but this is more of a question. $300ish seems like an awful lot to spend on a drip coffee maker. I assumed it had a grinder built in at first glance, but no. Drip coffee is such a simple process, I have to ask - are people routinely spending that much money, and why?
I haven't used my drip coffee maker since I've gotten my chemex and my gooseneck kettle. The same coffee is light-years better with a pour over than with drip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom