What's for Dinner? (4 Viewers)

Pizza grilled on the kamado followed by strawberry shortcake.

IMG_20200612_202853.jpg

IMG_20200612_203033.jpg

IMG_20200612_212343.jpg

I've always been a traditional steak on the grill type of guy, but tonight I'm going to try the reverse sear method. The plan is to bake the steaks @ 200F until they reach 125, and then sear on an iron skillet for about a minute a side before basting with butter, garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Steaks were salted last night and have been sitting in the fridge on a tray since. Anyone have a lot of experience with this method?

I made chicken parmesan and I actually like it (normally it taste like soggy tomato chicken to me )

20200714_184134.jpg

Crabs and corn sounds fantastic right now, and moar ol' bay!
I know, right? I'm eating keto these days and avoided the corn, but I couldn't resist a small potato.

My wife adds apple cider vinegar and Old Bay to the melted butter for dipping, and it is amazing. I'll never do plain old melted butter again.

I know, right? I'm eating keto these days and avoided the corn, but I couldn't resist a small potato.

My wife adds apple cider vinegar and Old Bay to the melted butter for dipping, and it is amazing. I'll never do plain old melted butter again.
Yah, definitely the way to go!

I don't always post in this thread, but when I do... It means that I've actually been bothered to cook / rustle up something 'proper' for a change. Chicken caesar salad with hard boiled eggs. *Chef's kiss*

IMG_20200801_205807.jpg

Round 2 of kamado pizza. This time I made the dough myself instead of buying it from Publix.

It was a bit weird. I used the same recipe for two batches of dough, measured by weight not volume, and the only difference was that I used bleached AP flour for the first batch and unbleached AP for the second batch. The first dough seemed too wet, almost runny. The second was too dry and I had to add more water.

Long story short they both came out fine, and the pizza was great.

1596332378950.png

1596332399887.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom