What's for Dinner? (1 Viewer)

Last two weeks been into Pizza since I got my Ooni 16 pizza oven. Two months on back order!
71635519-9228-4926-87B8-11E604CF6128.jpeg
6981B974-E79E-4B7E-8B7F-E46022C8B4D4.jpeg
8E0E1476-1680-4F42-B864-EAAF6A1D0B34.jpeg
8C7BA541-FCEA-41AB-BD0A-CADF85776EB0.jpeg

about to order one
I think vendors are finally getting them and I’ve actually seen a few discounted...which wasn’t the case in the early summer. That said they sell out in hours right now. I highly recommend joining the Ooni Facebook page as people post deals there. Seems like a lot of people have received their back orders in the last two weeks.

First time eating in a restaurant in what felt like an eternity this evening: crispy duck salad; ribeye with tender stem broccoli, truffle mash and bearnaise (not pictured); vanilla cheesecake with sorbet and passion fruit sauce (not pictured).

IMG_20200814_175139.jpg

IMG_20200814_182213.jpg

IMG_20200814_185438.jpg

Last edited:
Citrus and herb dry rub tuna steaks

I love citrus rubs. I use them on Tuna, Chicken and Pork. I love the flavor of Tune steaks. I try to keep the seasonings as limited as possible. I usually do oil, lemon zest, and kosher salt. Then I cook them on high heat for about one minute per side. The rarer the better!!!!

I've never done bean sprouts. How do you prep them? Serving with squash sounds awesome!

I love citrus rubs. I use them on Tuna, Chicken and Pork. I love the flavor of Tune steaks. I try to keep the seasonings as limited as possible. I usually do oil, lemon zest, and kosher salt. Then I cook them on high heat for about one minute per side. The rarer the better!!!!

I've never done bean sprouts. How do you prep them? Serving with squash sounds awesome!
I do about 3-4 minutes per side for my steaks and 6 per for Ben's, I prefer them on the rarer side also.

I cook the bean sprouts first for about 10 minutes on med/med low heat in 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp light butter, seasoned with lemon juice, pepper, a dash of the rub I'm using on the fish and some mrs dash savory vegetable blend sprinkled in, maybe a dash of garlic, then I add the squash, re season lightly with everything above and cook another 5 - 10 minutes depending on how well done you like your squash. I prefer to keep it on the crisper side so I usually go 5 minutes on med heat and then turn up the heat a bit to sear the squash a little, keeping the sprouts on top so as not to burn them.

Had two kids back to back and am only starting to get back to some pre-kid activities. Jumped in the water for a bit with a buddy and caught some bugs for dinner. Rip off the tail and just a little butter and lemon is all you need... after you clean out the butts of course ;)

AB3DFB40-E46E-47AA-8A4B-1C204BEE54D1.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom