what's a good TSP for cleaning (1 Viewer)

FlyYellow

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I need to clean my chips - trying to figure out which TSP people would recommend? Amazon links would be helpful....

Also thinking of buying a cleaner but don't want a 6L one - too big. Do the small ones work ok? or is that a waste?

Lundmark TSP, (not actually Tri sodium phosphate). Also depending on where you are in the Bay, a few of us have a shared cleaner we can probably help you out with in the next couple months.

Anyone have the chemical name of the preferred active ingredient? I'm getting a bit confused between the brand names and whether they are TSP, TSP alternative, non-phosphate TSP, or some mystery product.

Anyone have the chemical name of the preferred active ingredient? I'm getting a bit confused between the brand names and whether they are TSP, TSP alternative, non-phosphate TSP, or some mystery product.
TSP = trisodium phosphate. You may also find things with trisodium phosphate hydrate. When dissolved, the hydrate acts the same, but has less phosphate per gram.

Edit: the chemical formula is Na3PO4, and the common hydrate is a dodecahydrate, with is Na3PO4-12H2O

TSP = trisodium phosphate
But you want to be careful when using the real stuff. It can disolve ASM/CPC clay chips, and tarnish or totally remove hot-stamps. Best to use the fake stuff (like Lundmark).

FYI....ACE is the place for Lundmark. I just bought a 4lb tub for $9.99. This will probably carry me through the next decade.

Giving you a thumbs up on this.

There are a few opinions on the forum you trust without question. When @BGinGA recommends Lundmark TSP from Amazon, its a auto-purchase, right?

I have no idea why its $22.26 for a four pound tub on Amazon, and $9.99 at the Ace Hardware 4 miles down the road, but I'll save the $12 and the wait time.

EDIT: Score!

2019-12-20 11.14.46.jpg

Thanks, @ADS Aviator! $10.59 out-the-door!

Edit #2: 62 ounces is 3.875 pounds, so I guess I got ripped off. That last 2 ounces is worth $12.

Edit #3:

3mc9v.gif

IMG_20191220_113204315.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom