What video games are you playing? (1 Viewer)

Ok. I now understand all the game mechanics more in Balatro. I can now see why people are hooked.

Went ahead and started Dark Souls 2 for the first time since I beat it upon release. I like how the world is set up and how open it is. But I forgot just how wonky it feels controlling it compared to every other souls game. And that you have to level up a stat to get an actual good number of iframes on your roll. It just feels... Off.

I haven't had much solo game time recently to try Balatro yet (though it's been on my wishlist for quite some time), but now that server capacity has been added to Helldivers 2, I am hard at work spreading managed democracy!

I'm still holding off on Baldurs Gate 3. I played Divinity Original Sin 2 so I know the amount of detail Larian puts into games and fleshing out characters, but figured maybe there'll be some DLC at some point so trying to wait for the complete experience.

I've seen people going nuts over HellDivers but just 4 soldiers against a bunch of bugs doesn't seem all that great to me, give me the full Starship Troopers experience with large armies battling it out. Not to mention the 3rd-person view seems very console-ish for my tastes.

Aside from that still playing Mount & Blade 2: Warband

I finally conquered the entire map on a Vanilla playthrough and got that achievement. Now I'm messing around with some mods including My Little Warband. It allows you to customize your own troop trees. So instead of using the default units available by various cultures you can name your own units, decide their upgrade paths and play dress up, outfitting them with whatever armor, weapons and shields you'd like.

i'm traveling overseas in a couple weeks, and have already realized i am going to need to buy balatro again on the switch for that trip. what an addicting gameplay loop.

i'm traveling overseas in a couple weeks, and have already realized i am going to need to buy balatro again on the switch for that trip. what an addicting gameplay loop.
My wife is in the middle of some covid quarantine and started playing Balatro last night. I left her at 745pm after giving her some tips since the game can be a little opaque. I got up this morning and saw on steam that she played until 11pm.

I decided to get Last Epoch since it is officially released now. Pretty fun if you like ARPGs such as Diablo. More complex then Diablo but not over the top complex like Path of Exile.

So hyped to get Elden Ring DLC. I'll be running through that this summer for sure.

My wife is in the middle of some covid quarantine and started playing Balatro last night. I left her at 745pm after giving her some tips since the game can be a little opaque. I got up this morning and saw on steam that she played until 11pm.

i still haven't got a win in like 7 hours lol

Been playing rainbow six siege a lot recently due to the recent hype. Used to play back in 2018 but caught my attention again. Still looking at other good games. This year has been great with games like lethal company and helldivers

Finally put together my first custom troop tree in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord using the My LIttle Warband mod.

Tried my best to match their armor pieces as much as possible plus to make their progression seem mostly fluid.

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png
10.png
11.png
12.png
13.png
14.png
15.png
16.png
17.png
18.png
19.png
20.png

Demo for Unicorn Overlord came out today. Full game out March 8th.

I've always been a fan of Vanillaware since Odin Sphere on the PS2, but the demo for Unicorn Overlord sure cast a spell on me this weekend. I didn't use up all the demo time you're given yet (thanks Balatro) but I'll be buying on release for sure now. My daughter loves customizing the heraldry for each of your characters, and it's great that the customization you do actually shows up in game on shields and such.

Have won with 5 decks at base difficulty now on Balatro!

I believe it stops at ante 15, but I could be wrong. Beating ante 8 is technically a win. My highest is e^12, think ante 13. I play entirely too much.

Focusing on challenges now that I've unlocked all jokers except a legendary one

Okay, okay, y’all were right about Balatro, started playing yesterday and got a couple wins with a few different decks. It’s been a minute since I’ve done some Spire slaying and this is scratching an adjacent itch for sure. I am surprised at how dang many mechanics they fit into this game!

Been playing rainbow six siege a lot recently due to the recent hype. Used to play back in 2018 but caught my attention again. Still looking at other good games. This year has been great with games like lethal company and helldivers

Oh man, Siege, that is a name I have not heard in a long time. Really love that game, even though I more or less haven’t played this side of COVID, it still has some of my most all time hours played on Steam. Sadly my friends dropped off, and I just have no interest in solo queuing that game.

I believe it stops at ante 15, but I could be wrong. Beating ante 8 is technically a win. My highest is e^12, think ante 13. I play entirely too much.

Focusing on challenges now that I've unlocked all jokers except a legendary one

Right, at the time i didn't realize it said "You Win!" and then you can just enter endless mode. I finally figured out some strategies and can get a win here and there now. I can also tell far sooner if I botched a run (or shitty RNG luck botched it for me) and should just give up and start over.

Okay, okay, y’all were right about Balatro, started playing yesterday and got a couple wins with a few different decks. It’s been a minute since I’ve done some Spire slaying and this is scratching an adjacent itch for sure. I am surprised at how dang many mechanics they fit into this game!

I also think the game, while awesome, has a lot of balance issues. I wonder how much the developer plans to tweak - I heard it was just one guy, so he has already hit absolute paydirt with the initial burst of sales.

Right, at the time i didn't realize it said "You Win!" and then you can just enter endless mode. I finally figured out some strategies and can get a win here and there now. I can also tell far sooner if I botched a run (or shitty RNG luck botched it for me) and should just give up and start over.

I also think the game, while awesome, has a lot of balance issues. I wonder how much the developer plans to tweak - I heard it was just one guy, so he has already hit absolute paydirt with the initial burst of sales.
It's pretty impressive how much content/modifiers he put into the game as a single person developer.
Well earned paydirt I say.
I made it to ante 11 so far. :)

I've always been a fan of Vanillaware since Odin Sphere on the PS2, but the demo for Unicorn Overlord sure cast a spell on me this weekend. I didn't use up all the demo time you're given yet (thanks Balatro) but I'll be buying on release for sure now. My daughter loves customizing the heraldry for each of your characters, and it's great that the customization you do actually shows up in game on shields and such.

Have won with 5 decks at base difficulty now on Balatro!
If you want your progress of carry over to the full game, just play your safe file until the timer runs out. You won't be able to transfer over a save file if you didn't finish the full demo or didn't play until the timer went down.

I see people make multiple save files for the demo just to get a better idea of the mechanics and create different compositions for all the available classes.

It's pretty impressive how much content/modifiers he put into the game as a single person developer.
Well earned paydirt I say.
I made it to ante 11 so far. :)

nice! i just made it to ante 11 myself, with a deck designed to play nothing but 10-4 and 4-10 full houses. that was a fun one.

Okay I've turned the corner on Balatro and am now hooked now that I've discovered the higher stakes and unlocked more jokers.

I need a Balatro intervention. Finished the challenges, would like to see a # of attempts, hated golden needle.

Not that motivated to grind to gold stake on all decks, so think my play will show a bit.

Enjoyed the switch interface, minus my user errors. Most use it's gotten since dragon quest builders

Oof. I have so many games back logged but these are currently on my list.

Playing Super Mario RPG remake on the go. Such a nostalgic game.

Played Like A Dragon back during covid. If you like hybrid rpg/action games, then this is for you. The sequel is even nuttier.

And of course, tomorrow Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth drops.

Oof. I have so many games back logged but these are currently on my list.

Playing Super Mario RPG remake on the go. Such a nostalgic game.

Played Like A Dragon back during covid. If you like hybrid rpg/action games, then this is for you. The sequel is even nuttier.

And of course, tomorrow Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth drops.
I have to get the SMRPG remake at some point. Loved playing that back in the day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom