What tray for 8V China Clays 72mm? (1 Viewer)

Deuce9

Pair
Reaction score
Just acquired some 8V China Clays and would love to know if there is a tray that fits them available on the market today?

Just throwing this out there as well: Any red or blues out there for sale? So excited to get my set built that my OCD is kicking in big time. Would love to complete as soon as possible.

You guys are great for all the shared knowledge. Thanks in advance.

Tray, or rack? Because rack-wise, pretty much any cheap rack should fit them, as they're usually 71mm, but the more expensive Paulson racks likely wouldn't. For a tray, I wouldn't know.

Tray, or rack? Because rack-wise, pretty much any cheap rack should fit them, as they're usually 71mm, but the more expensive Paulson racks likely wouldn't. For a tray, I wouldn't know.
Yeah my bad. Rack was where I was headed with this

Really even the cheap racks are only 70mm, I could only get 19 per barrel. I lucked into getting a few that @ABC Gifts and Awards found last winter and eve at 71mm they are snug.

Get the ones that @One Eyed Dollar is making. Vender 3d3p (3d printed poker products.)

Yes sir, @One Eyed Dollar is your man! I bought ten of his racks for my 8V collection.

20200706_221553.jpg

And put them in my new display cabinet! Which I bought from HERE!

PGI 8V Cash Set.jpg

Really even the cheap racks are only 70mm, I could only get 19 per barrel. I lucked into getting a few that @ABC Gifts and Awards found last winter and eve at 71mm they are snug.

Get the ones that @One Eyed Dollar is making. Vender 3d3p (3d printed poker products.)
This is truth. You will NOT easily find cheap racks that will fit a full barrel of 8Vs.

Thanks for all the mentions! Indeed, I have racks for these chips in my store (see link in my sig to my vendor forum). I also have a set of 1200 8Vs myself, so I have printed a bunch of the racks for my own use as well. And if you guys would quit ordering stuff I could finish printing my own racks someday! :LOL: :laugh: (joking, but seriously I'm starting to print an order of 20 racks right now, whew)

Which racks work best? 71 or 71.5?
When Ben and I first started talking about my order, he stated that he was making the 71.5 racks due to some people telling him that some of the 8Vs (purple and another color that I didn't have - maybe blue?) were a bit thicker than the others. So I originally ordered 8 71s and 2 71.5s. Then I bought a few purples from @SeanGecko but they were not any thicker than the blacks that I had. So I changed my order to all 71s. I now have blacks, purples, reds, silvers, pinks and browns, and all of them fit just fine in the 71mm racks.

Most cheap china-made acrylic racks (but certainly not all) are/were 68mm or 70mm, and even the 70mm racks didn't fit the PGI v8 china clays. Joe @PGI had a small run of even larger racks (71mm or 71.5mm, don't recall which) made to fit them, but I don't think they were ever made in that size by anyone else.

So for the 39mm diameter chips, I have the following 3 barrel sizes of racks:

71mm barrel from PGI/ABC
70mm barrel from Brybelly
68mm barrel from Brybelly

The only rack that fits the 8VCC's are the 71mm racks. The others only fit 19 to a barrel. Even with the 71mm racks, of the colors I have, the gray chips still only fit with some force. The Blue, White, and Brown chips are snug in some barrels, but not as much force as the gray require. (Seems to be the middle barrels more often, but who knows, the racks are old and may be warped a bit.) The Pink and Purple chips consistently have the "right" fit in the 71mm racks. (Comparable to how my ceramics fit in 68mm barrels.) So since the 71mm racks are still tight on some colors, I can see why people would request 71.5mm for these as well from @One Eyed Dollar.

(Late edit, or perhaps it's possible that @One Eyed Dollar 's 71mm measurement is a better fit for these chips than the GPI-produced racks :). )

Last edited:
So for the 39mm diameter chips, I have the following 3 barrel sizes of racks:

71mm barrel from PGI/ABC
70mm barrel from Brybelly
68mm barrel from Brybelly

The only rack that fits the 8VCC's are the 71mm racks. The others only fit 19 to a barrel. Even with the 71mm racks, of the colors I have, the gray chips still only fit with some force. The Blue, White, and Brown chips are snug in some barrels, but not as much force as the gray require. (Seems to be the middle barrels more often, but who knows, the racks are old and may be warped a bit.) The Pink and Purple chips consistently have the "right" fit in the 71mm racks. (Comparable to how my ceramics fit in 68mm barrels.) So since the 71mm racks are still tight on some colors, I can see why people would request 71.5mm for these as well from @One Eyed Dollar.

(Late edit, or perhaps it's possible that @One Eyed Dollar 's 71mm measurement is a better fit for these chips than the GPI-produced racks :). )
In addition to the 10 racks I bought from @One Eyed Dollar I also have two acrylic racks that I got from @SeanGecko for 8V chips. I assume they are the PGI racks. They have markings on them that say Made in China and ET-106012-71. Some of my chips, especially black ones, are VERY snug in the acrylic racks, but fit well in Ben's 3D3P 71mm racks. All the colors I have fit in Ben's racks with no force required. I don't know how much difference 0.5mm would make, but I prefer not to have a loose fit. So MY opinion - the 71mm racks are perfect and the 71.5mm racks are unnecessary. (for my chips) YMMV.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom