What is the best thing you bought with your poker winnings? (1 Viewer)

Never really bought anything big, but I gave back to my regs last year by buying the group a bunch of fun novelty poker t-shirts.

Also had to remind them where the money to buy those t-shirts came from. They hate it when I wear this one at the table.

IMG_5760.jpg

I had a very good run online in 2003. I won a big tournament and bought my custom ASM chips, a cheap hold'em table, my first gun (Kimber 1911 Pro Carry), and an engagement ring. :)
Also, in 2003... iPods were newish and I wanted one. I told my fiancée "I want an iPod. I'm going to go play poker and get the money to buy one." And I did. The one that I wanted was $500, and I won just over $600 that night. She was so jealous. She said, "Go win the money to buy one for me!" So I went back to the poker room, but this time I lost... with her money. She was pissed, but understood that "you can't win them all." I felt bad, so I bought her one of her own about a month later.

Another plus is I haven’t used an ATM for cash in 15+ years. Every time the bank sends me a new card I shred it.

Though with the pandemic and getting most payments electronically now I have had to go into the bank to cash a check to myself a few times to replenish the cash I would keep in hand for my games.

Miles and miles of wide open desert... miles! and the only place you can pick to stop is under the only power line in the entire state??? Did you think it would add to the ambiance of the photo Matty??? Not to mention it looks dilapidated and about to fall over on the car!!

Everything in my basement/poker room is bought with poker winnings from my poker room. Chips, Tables, Chairs, TVs, Alcohol ....
Some bigger wins than others, but all accumulated over weekly play for 13+ consecutive years.
Same here. Poker chips, about five tables, Gasser chairs and everything else needed to host.

Won a $10 poker stars tourney with thousands of players the night before closing on my first house 2006. Literally every penny was going towards the closing so knowing a fedex check was coming was a big relief. Too bad it was the worst time in history to buy a house but I still won like $3500 and it was a huge bonus at the time.

I have been playing and hosting for almost 20 years but in the latest iteration I have been hosting weekly for about 6 yrs and I had never hosted as often as weekly before, usually only a few times a year. I figured my wife and grammar school children (at the time) would be put out a little so I took the winnings after a year and took the family to our first Disney Trip. I also set some winnings aside for and extra xmas present for the kids ... I have never had an issues with the family because I host :tup:

Miles and miles of wide open desert... miles! and the only place you can pick to stop is under the only power line in the entire state??? Did you think it would add to the ambiance of the photo Matty??? Not to mention it looks dilapidated and about to fall over on the car!!
I don’t have any updated photos of the car. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I was in the middle of no where thoug when I took that photo, Cisco Utah.
Check out the old cult classic movie Vanishing Point sometime, you’ll recognize the scenery. :cool
Only difference is the car in that movie is WAY cooler than mine. :tup:

I don’t have any updated photos of the car. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I was in the middle of no where thoug when I took that photo, Cisco Utah.
Check out the old cult classic movie Vanishing Point sometime, you’ll recognize the scenery. :cool
Only difference is the car in that movie is WAY cooler than mine. :tup:
Well I hope they didn't park under that decerped power line... would not make for good movie back drop!! LMAO

My first set of CPC chips were bought after winning a charity poker tournament a friend of mine set up for his wrestling team.

Local regulations required that prizes be items (not cash) but I convinced him to make the prizes apple products he bought with cash from best buy and included the receipts.

It was about 50 people and I won the first pot and asked if I could start playing with the ipad. That irked people.

Final 3 were me and a married couple. I managed to fade that and bring in the win.

Returned items next day and got check a week later. Ordered 1,000 CPCs I still cherish to this day.

9CED0BE7-9E47-4020-B2A4-23D84D3B5FB8.jpeg

Last year we flew out to Vegas for my 31st bday, I won $1500 at Caesars and Bellagio $2/5 the night before my wife joined me which funded some outstanding pours of Whiskey, bday dinner at Nobu and a few laps in a 911 Gt3 out in the desert. Best free weekend ever. View attachment 589284View attachment 589285View attachment 589291View attachment 589292View attachment 589294View attachment 589295
That is awesome my friend. Would love to take that GT3 for a spin.

Was in vegas for the AWS conference this time last year (no conference this year, thanks covid), and had a good night at the mirage playing 1/2.

1607459154739.png

the biggest hand I did a PAHWM here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/pahwm-1-2-in-veags-pre-covid.62593/

bought my wife some Jewelry with the winnings since she couldnt come with me on the trip....rest I bought some shoes and cigars :tup:

Had a good run at a meatup back in the day. Kicked a few bucks back to the site that made it all possible and purchased a lifetime supporter membership. That worked out well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom