What is the best thing you bought with your poker winnings? (1 Viewer)

1607490176201.jpeg

1607490276751.jpeg

This shit is expensive

A lot of people here make money playing poker. Besides poker chips, what is the best thing you bought with your poker winnings?

I'll go first. I used to play in a league that took money out of each tournament to fund a year end free roll Tournament of Champions. I ended up winning the free roll and bought a lifetime fishing license, lifetime second rod stamp, and lifetime saltwater stamp. Unfortunately that tournament is no longer running, but I think about it every time I go fishing!
First picture funded the second :) Rookie’s first clay set, with many thanks to the fine folks at both the Borgata and the Poker Chip Forum for making it happen

1B29D99B-BAC1-4EC7-8A51-2464DC648AEC.jpeg

99FC173B-D9E7-476C-852C-202926C1B157.jpeg

When we go to Vegas, we assume everything we bring to gambol will be lost. Any money brought back from Vegas will be spent and piddled away, so we started to buy things on those rare occasions we win.

Including an Armani suit, and a very, very nice dinner, where we ate in the kitchen, and sampled every dish on the menu.
00 Kitchen 140625 20.08.26.jpg

But, yeah, it was expensive
2014-06-26 08.19.03.jpg

But to be fair, it was "free", and an experience we would never forget.

Last edited:
Back in the early 90's, I was stationed in Okinawa for 6 months and we had a pretty regular low stakes game going that allowed me to purchase a nice string of pearls for my future bride. It was not a lot of money by today's standards, but it was a pretty significant purchase for me at that stage in my life.

When we go to Vegas, we assume everything we bring to gambol will be lost. Any money brought back from Vegas will be spent and piddled away, so we started to buy things on those rare occasions we win.

Including an Armani suit, and a very, very nice dinner, where we ate in the kitchen, and sampled every dish on the menu.
View attachment 604453

View attachment 604454

was there a gratuity already added to the bill?

I'm having a hard time remembering anything specific (aside from chips) but I think I'm about to buy a poker table with fantasy football winnings.

I'm having a hard time remembering anything specific (aside from chips) but I think I'm about to buy a poker table with fantasy football winnings.
Just noticed your Royal Flush status change sir! Congratulations on making the top level on the forum! It takes a ton of time dedication to the hobby to achieve this!

Looking forward to seeing the new table!!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Just noticed your Royal Flush status change sir! Congratulations on making the top level on the forum! It takes a ton of time dedication to the hobby to achieve this!

Looking forward to seeing the new table!!

Fellow Chipper Ben
Oh crap, I knew 10K was coming, then forgot all about it. I guess I'll have to do a giveaway. Let me see what I have.

When my kids were growing up and I had a winning session they got the money to get fun things they had been wanting, mainly it seemed to be the newest video games out.

I dont play the same stakes as most of you lol.

was there a gratuity already added to the bill?
Sort of...

Gratuity at places like Meadowwood or The French Laundry is added into the bill - lest the chefs would never want to be anything but servers. However, the sommelier is not included in the built-in gratuity. So that tip (which as a percentage of the bill, looks extraordinarily low) was suggested to be "$50-$70" for the one gentleman.

I took my poker winnings from a few years back and dedicated that years grind to my now wife's engagement ring. I have a hard time spending money on things like jewelry, and can't get into the concept of spending thousands on stones that aren't actually that rare and then lose 50% of their value once it leaves the store but this felt like a nice gesture. It accomplished a few things; (1) Me buying a ring for a very deserving fiance that I would normally never buy, (2) Me allowing to let go a little bit and make such a big purchase for another person - my therapist patted me on the back for that one!, (3) Me using specifically my poker winnings on something for my wife, since my poker playing had always been a source of friction in our relationship (at least in our first few years of dating). So yeah, worked out pretty well I would say!

I did almost the exact same thing. That pretty much put an end to any poker-related friction between my now wife and me.

View attachment 604453

View attachment 604454

Where did you find 18 people to have dinner with??

Just these two
View attachment 604535

Seating is extremely limited in the kitchen.
two of our finest forum members!! The True power couple!! Must have been @Mrs Poker Zombie that had the big winning day! lol
Looking slick in the White suit buddy!! Had to be a truly awesome experience and couldn't have happened to a better couple!! Thanks for sharing the story @Poker Zombie also would be fitting in the "things that make you happy Thread!"

but yuck!! $1,800 and you couldn't even get a quality beer?? HAHA

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom