What is the best thing you bought with your poker winnings? (3 Viewers)

two of our finest forum members!! The True power couple!! Must have been @Mrs Poker Zombie that had the big winning day! lol
Looking slick in the White suit buddy!! Had to be a truly awesome experience and couldn't have happened to a better couple!! Thanks for sharing the story @Poker Zombie also would be fitting in the "things that make you happy Thread!"

but yuck!! $1,800 and you couldn't even get a quality beer?? HAHA
I’m sure the wine was very quality @Ben8257. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

1609345559684-png.604535
Don Johnson from 1984 called...

you can always lie about your winnings, most people do one way or another! :bag:
Overall I am a winning player. If I had spent the time doing something else, could I have made more than I have playing poker? Maybe, but would it have been as much fun? idk anyway my biggest wins have come from the Jackpots I have been involved in. I have been at the table (and at least shared in 6) and have had the big end of 2. One was about 13k and the other the most recent one was about 15k & I sadly I don't remember buying anything specific for either one.

Nice to find a thread to see what everyone is doing with my money. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Since I’ve been moderately keeping track, I’ve built a solid poker roll and then I have used the extra to put into a hobby investing account. Currently returning 44%. Curious to see if it sustains. I also shared a little with my wife (spousal fee) lol

I also buy tons of poker and investing materials

Last edited:
Back in 2013 I bought my very first set of chips for $1300 after a weekend cash game. That started the sickness we all share. ;) if only I could buy another set of WTHC for that price today. ;)

Attachments

• C3AC79C7-D3D8-4145-818B-FD04C108F129.jpeg
    C3AC79C7-D3D8-4145-818B-FD04C108F129.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 71
  • EF7976B2-47F5-47CF-85E9-0DC71557CDB9.jpeg
    EF7976B2-47F5-47CF-85E9-0DC71557CDB9.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 621D07A6-5986-401D-80C6-9D72B2A3C467.jpeg
    621D07A6-5986-401D-80C6-9D72B2A3C467.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 76
Sort of...

Gratuity at places like Meadowwood or The French Laundry is added into the bill - lest the chefs would never want to be anything but servers. However, the sommelier is not included in the built-in gratuity. So that tip (which as a percentage of the bill, looks extraordinarily low) was suggested to be "$50-$70" for the one gentleman.
Wow, so after spending almost $1900 you still have to tip $50-70 for the sommelier ?

I had plenty of (work related) dinners in fancy places...but in Europe this would never fly.
4 and 5 star restos have the most professional staff you can imagine and they are paid accordingly... tipping them would be an insult.
And that sommelier has 2 ways of working, or he is staff and gets paid as much as the chef (yes 5 figures a month) or they are freelance and take a % on all wine sold.

Wow, so after spending almost $1900 you still have to tip $50-70 for the sommelier ?

I had plenty of (work related) dinners in fancy places...but in Europe this would never fly.
4 and 5 star restos have the most professional staff you can imagine and they are paid accordingly... tipping them would be an insult.
And that sommelier has 2 ways of working, or he is staff and gets paid as much as the chef (yes 5 figures a month) or they are freelance and take a % on all wine sold.
Sadly, the US is convinced that the only incentive for great - or even mediocre - service is due to tipping.

Having travelled abroad, I know better. The waitstaff was also impeccable without being slid "extra" money. But it's how we play the game here. I don't understand it (and I have worked in the service industry).

I'm just glad I didn't have to shell out an extra tip to the groundsperson, who found me when I was "lost" (making a decision at a fork in the road) driving to the restaurant. He gave me directions, then radioed ahead to the valet my name and that I was arriving, so they were waiting outside when I arrived and greeted me by name.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom