What do you think of this bluff bonus $? (1 Viewer)

AcesUp907

Pair
Reaction score
I want to incorporate a bluffing bonus in my poker game. It works like this, whenever you flip over a winning bluff you receive a bounty chip and whoever has the most bluffs shown by the end of the night gets a nice $$$ bonus.

The one problem I see happening is how do we determine if your hand constitutes as a bluff? Any ideas?

I’m thinking it can be majority vote by the table but then it opens up to people being bias to who they want to get a chip.

Simplest definition would be a bet that gets better hands than yours to fold, no?
Than you force the opponents to show there hands.

I don't think it is very easy to define a bluff. Lets say you c-bet on the flop with your unpaired holecards: AK and your opponent folds. I would not call that a bluff.
If you 3-bet your opponent on the river with bottom two pair on a board that makes flushes possible I would call that a bluff.

Alternative you could play 7-2 and add a couple of hands like J-4, T-2. If a player wins with one of these hands each player have to pay a bonus immediately to the player.

7-2 and K-3 are awarded a bonus at one of the games I used to play. 2-3 off-suit is also a popular hand to bluff with apparently, as well as the Robbie Lew J-4 hand.

Years ago we setup the following hands Q-7 off suit the computer hand, 10-2 spade Doyle Brunson, 7-2 off suit.
suckout.png

Last edited:
Why not constitute anything under k-high as a bluff?

I’ve been contemplating this idea as well. Trying to award blind aggression.

Why are you trying to get people to bluff more in the 1st place? Doesn't the player who takes a hand down with a bluff already get rewarded? I don't need people to know/learn the frequency of my bluffs that's for sure...

@TheRealTeddyKGB - My group is new and micro stakes, so I’m hoping it can be like training wheels to start being aggressive. The current game is very limp happy and i feel bad stealing .20 cent blinds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom