What are your chipping goals? When do you reach your "chipping nirvana" ? (3 Viewers)

Right now I have two cash sets that I will never part with. I have two tournament sets, but only one I'd never part with. One day I plan on doing a custom set and that would probably be it for me. I guess in the future I may swap a whole set for another one, but it would have to be a grail set of some kind that I was never able to get.

Right now I have two cash sets that I will never part with. I have two tournament sets, but only one I'd never part with. One day I plan on doing a custom set and that would probably be it for me. I guess in the future I may swap a whole set for another one, but it would have to be a grail set of some kind that I was never able to get.
Dibs on the Dom’s :D :p

Mint, Leaded, Cali, Cocaine Giraffe...checks all the boxes for my ideal set. I suppose Nirvana will be when I finally decide on an equally nice tournament set.

IMG_20200731_190644.jpg

I'm probably within striking distance of my "nirvana" state of chipping. I'm all for diversity. Only thing missing for me is a custom CPC set and custom MSK plaques. Then I will have a reasonably diverse selection of excellent quality and contemporary collectibles.

Don't know if I'll ever get there.

I do have a CPC tourny and cash set in the works, tournament set is closer to being done, should order it this winter, cash set has lots of ideas but no concrete design focus yet.

Will eventually get a custom Sunfly tourny set as well.

But my limit set will always be improving/changing as other chips become available and as my tastes change. Part of the fun is putting it together.

My chip nirvana would be just to have a dedicated poker room, a nice table (already got that), a set of chairs that are all the same, some nice chips and a group of people that are always down to play as much as I do.

I want to have the house that everyone wants to come hang out at and play poker when they want to take a break from their kids/significant other/etc. I'm not having kids and I'll be single soon so I think it would be easy for me to provide that space to my friends

Love hearing everyone's responses! Super cool guys keep em coming!

My chip nirvana would be just to have a dedicated poker room, a nice table (already got that), a set of chairs that are all the same, some nice chips and a group of people that are always down to play as much as I do.

I want to have the house that everyone wants to come hang out at and play poker when they want to take a break from their kids/significant other/etc. I'm not having kids and I'll be single soon so I think it would be easy for me to provide that space to my friends
Well I'm not sure if I should say I am sorry or congratulations? Lol however, your description above sounds like some good zen :tup:

Love hearing everyone's responses! Super cool guys keep em coming!

Well I'm not sure if I should say I am sorry or congratulations? Lol however, your description above sounds like some good zen :tup:

Although my wife and I came to a mutual agreement to split up, it's definitely more of a congratulations type of situation. :D. I dodged a bullet I would have regret for a long time

Mist epic line of the day!!! I Will Be Single Soon!!! Then we can play poker!! Lmao Congratulations sir!!

LOL thanks. I've always been able to play while I was married and she even played with us too. But I was never able to buy or spend the money I wanted to on the chips I really wanted. That being said I'll probably be in the market for an AS tournament set or ESPT set a year from now.

LOL thanks. I've always been able to play while I was married and she even played with us too. But I was never able to buy or spend the money I wanted to on the chips I really wanted. That being said I'll probably be in the market for an AS tournament set or ESPT set a year from now.
Yessss go get em tiger!

>When do you reach your "chipping nirvana" ?

All I know is I'll know it when I'm there, and not one minute sooner.

One day I'll be thinking about some chips that I want, and then will realize that while I will always want something else, I'm content with what I have. And then I'll be done.

This has happened before and it will happen again, here, too.

fantasy - becoming a multi millionaire and somehow get a set of custom paulsons

more realistic - set of custom inlay ASM on the scroll mold

fantasy - becoming a multi millionaire and somehow get a set of custom paulsons

more realistic - set of custom inlay ASM on the scroll mold
Asm is now CPC and afaik still produces the scroll mould. In order to seek out a set of custom Paulsons you must first figure out how to enter into a not a group buy group buy. When you do please let the rest of us know!!!! Haha o_O:LOL: :laugh:

I'll take this a much different route.

My ultimate chipping goal will never be about a certain grail set or number of sets, but in having the knowledge and ability to have and support multiple chipping pursuits. People love their birds, or their nevada fracs, or singles, wet chips, this set, that one of a kind rack, etc. A year ago, I didn't know anything existed outside of dice chips. Now I know a tad bit more about chips and hosting. My chip nirvana will be when I know what it is I want to chase long term, beyond just custom samples.

I so look forward to the day when I'm completing barrels or racks or displays with my kids. This is one of the only places in my life where it's all about the journey and not the final product. Today I'm still on that chck-chck-chck-chck as the rollercoaster climbs, but in a bout 2-3 years I think I'll be screaming doing corkscrews.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom