What are you reading? (1 Viewer)

I’m most of the way through ASOIF for the second time. Listening to the audiobooks this time through, which has been a lot of fun. Up next is probably Fire and Blood.

I'm currently re-reading the Robin Hobbs Farseer Trilogy for the fourth time in my life. It's feels like meeting a long lost friend again lol

I haven't read a book in over 18 months (I drive to work these days and have less spare time that I used to, and im on my phone way too much) so it feels awesome to pick up a book again.

I've been reading books exclusively on my phone for the last 3 years. Paperbacks are so inconvenient.

Screenshot_20191120-120833.png

A few stunning books I 've read (or just used:LOL: :laugh:, as you 'll find out) during the last decade:

-Max Webber: The Protestant Ethics and the Spirit of Capitalism (required for just everybody):tup:
-Vladimir Ilich Lenin: "What To Do" (pure communist crap, never really read it, just for show-off, in summer, in Greek remote island nudist beaches, good for f*ckin' the hell out of naive left-wing, stoned girls).:D
-General Zaphiropoulos: "The struggle against communist insurgency 1944-49" Now this is a serious and well-documented study of the -Soviet-dictated- Greek Civil War which still scars the nation. You 're NOT supposed to get laid carrying this book anywhere in my country.:(
-General Katsimitros: "Epirus on the Front Line" -a militarily detailed and diplomatically enriched, emotionally touching, account of the repulsion of the Italian fascist invasion of Greece in the fall of 1940, initially by the Hellenic Army's 8th Division. Priceless - and tought at Military Academies the world over.:jawdrop:
-Alice Miller: "The Drama of the Gifted Child" Absolutely required reading for everybody, although, sadly, those in the most need of it will never read or understand it.:(

-General Katsimitros: "Epirus on the Front Line" -a militarily detailed and diplomatically enriched, emotionally touching, account of the repulsion of the Italian fascist invasion of Greece in the fall of 1940,

Indy Nidel’s world war 2 week by week series is currently covering these events on you tube. A very interesting part of the war I was not familiar with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom