What are you reading? (1 Viewer)

Klobberer

Full House
Reaction score
Here is my current queue...
15690113148708368576427488645609.jpg

My sci-fi flavor of the moment is The Expanse series (re-reading it). I started with the show which is a pretty good adaptation but the books are much better.

My historical fiction go to is The Aubreyad (Master and Commander). A bit slow paced but I think it is a great read.

My sci-fi flavor of the moment is The Expanse series (re-reading it). I started with the show which is a pretty good adaptation but the books are much better.

My historical fiction go to is The Aubreyad (Master and Commander). A bit slow paced but I think it is a great read.
Love The Expanse!

Just finished Lonesome Dove. Definitely up there as one of my favorites. Anyone got suggestions for a good read?

Sci Fi and fantasy
Lt.Leary series by David Drake
Incarnations of Immortality series by Pier Anthony (2nd or 3rd reread)

Historical fiction
Alan Lewrie series by Dewey Lambdin

Kicking Ass
Anything Jack Reacher by Lee Child

I'm reading through The Expanse series at the moment, can add another recommendation. I'm on book 3 and enjoying it...although my buddy has warned me that book 4 is a bit of a snooze, we shall see.

Looking for more interesting stuff to read! Sci-fi, Fantasy and historical fiction...

Have you read The Brilliance Trilogy yet? It's easy reading, but I thought it was quite entertaining.

For Sci-FI, not fantasy, I’d recommend any of these. There’s other good stuff scattered in there
My favorites are
Roger Zelazny
William Gibson
Larry Niven
Frederik Pohl

8F9CB530-5A9E-46C3-B28E-A312AC94DE48.jpeg
D0DB9B91-612C-4084-A3FB-956A791A0F18.jpeg
71C77BEA-554B-4B03-8AE7-292AC4698457.jpeg
0627F083-C786-4041-85B6-EC06A1EC3258.jpeg

Just finished The Passage trilogy (excellent), and about to start the fifth and final book in the Lightblinder series by Brent Weeks. Really hoping this ends strong!

I'm currently re-reading the Robin Hobbs Farseer Trilogy for the fourth time in my life. It's feels like meeting a long lost friend again lol

I haven't read a book in over 18 months (I drive to work these days and have less spare time that I used to, and im on my phone way too much) so it feels awesome to pick up a book again.

Thought I read somewhere he was basically done with it, hated it and scrapped it all.
After such a promising start, he's getting relegated into the "George RR Martin" and "Robert Jordan" category of authors.

He really needs to hang out more with Brandon Sanderson. That guy is a MACHINE.

After such a promising start, he's getting relegated into the "George RR Martin" and "Robert Jordan" category of authors.

He really needs to hang out more with Brandon Sanderson. That guy is a MACHINE.
Don't forget Scott Lynch. Another letdown

I refuse to read the rest of A song of ice and fire. It's been too long now.

You guys are too sophisticated for me. My favorite for historical fiction is James Clavell, and for sci-fi it's Douglas Adams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom