What are you listening to? (8 Viewers)

Back to Yann Tiersen. Superb composer/pianist! Stick with it. This guy's amazing.

...and for anyone stuck in a rut:

Played to death by Hollywood and ad agencies, I like to think of this one as a Scrub Donkey Anthem.

You may not be able to pay $5-$30/chip right now, but just BELIEVE and it will soon be within your grasp/hoof!

The undeniable, IRREPRESSIBLE POWAAAAHHHHHH of POSITIVE THINKING! Come get some

I just saw The National, was great!

IMG_0289.JPG

On a warm summer's eve
On a train bound for nowhere
I met up with the gambler
We were both too tired to sleep
So we took turns a-starin'
Out the window at the darkness
The boredom overtook us,
And he began to speak
He said, "Son, I've made a life
Out of readin' people's faces
Knowin' what the cards were
By the way they held their eyes
So if you don't mind me sayin'
I can see you're out of aces
For a taste of your whiskey
I'll give you some advice"
So I handed him my bottle
And he drank down my last swallow
Then he bummed a cigarette
And asked me for a light
And the night got deathly quiet
And his faced lost all expression
He said, "If you're gonna play the game, boy
You gotta learn to play it right
You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when…

On a warm summer's eve
On a train bound for nowhere
I met up with the gambler
We were both too tired to sleep
So we took turns a-starin'
Out the window at the darkness
The boredom overtook us,
And he began to speak
He said, "Son, I've made a life
Out of readin' people's faces
Knowin' what the cards were
By the way they held their eyes
So if you don't mind me sayin'
I can see you're out of aces
For a taste of your whiskey
I'll give you some advice"
So I handed him my bottle
And he drank down my last swallow
Then he bummed a cigarette
And asked me for a light
And the night got deathly quiet
And his faced lost all expression
He said, "If you're gonna play the game, boy
You gotta learn to play it right
You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when…
The Gambler would get eaten alive by today's GTO players. :D

I like almost ALL kinds of music. Classical, hip Hop, drum and bass, Folk, reggae.

But my favorite kind is the story telling kind, and the darker the better....

here's couple of the darkest songs i like. Love this stuff !

Damien Jurado MEDICATION

Sufjan Stevens, John Wayne Gacy Jr.

EDIT:

added another good sad one from Sufjan !

Last edited:
Also cant get enough of songs where i have no idea what they are saying but it sounds great.

and from the greatest

really liking Gregory Alan Isakov too..

Heavy metal isn't my thing, so I'm not familiar with most of the current and recent groups. As in, Who the heck is Disturbed? A friend suggested that I listen to their cover of Simon & Garfunkel's Sound of Silence. WOW! I was totally blown away. I became an instant fan of David Draiman. I actually like some of their music. Oh wah-ah-ah-ah! (@detroitdad , you can stop laughing now.) Paul Simon contacted Draiman after this performance on Conan with his approval. A little more poking around on youtube led me to Touch of Class's cover of Disturb's cover. Everything Old is New Again! (reference intended)

^^OK,, I googled it:LOL: :laugh:
Closest interpretation on my mind was Gran Turismo Omologata, as in the Ferraris 250, 288 and 599 GTO.:)

Listening to Amon Amarth, "Ravens Flight" while I update my Active Attacker Presentation. Great music! Probably not on @abby99 radar :)

Heavy metal isn't my thing, so I'm not familiar with most of the current and recent groups. As in, Who the heck is Disturbed? A friend suggested that I listen to their cover of Simon & Garfunkel's Sound of Silence. WOW! I was totally blown away. I became an instant fan of David Draiman. I actually like some of their music. Oh wah-ah-ah-ah! (@detroitdad , you can stop laughing now.) Paul Simon contacted Draiman after this performance on Conan with his approval. A little more poking around on youtube led me to Touch of Class's cover of Disturb's cover. Everything Old is New Again! (reference intended)

If you like that cover to Sound of Silence have a listen to this one. I think he does it better than Disturbed.
Don't know if you watch Gold Rush the tv show, but Todd Hoffman is the main character.

If you like that cover to Sound of Silence have a listen to this one. I think he does it better than Disturbed.
Don't know if you watch Gold Rush the tv show, but Todd Hoffman is the main character.

Watched the show for a couple of seasons. Wow, well done T. Hoffman....brilliant cover :tup:

Omg I hate the disturbed cover of sound of silence so much.

The original is infinitely better.

The Mars Volta have to be one of the best bands of the last couple of decades. This one in particular is awesome. Fair warning though, they are the kind of band that might take a few listens for some before you appreciate it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom