Cash Game What are the stakes at your home game? (1 Viewer)

Tourneys are $10-15.

5¢/10¢ NL and PL. Occasionally, 25/.50 fixed limit with a single .25 blind. Buy-ins are $5 to $20.

I’ve got 2 or three players who would be interested in a .25/.25 game, but most of my friends wouldn’t want to play that high.

Tourneys are $50 on weeknights, $100 for long format on Sundays that we run about four times a year. Rebuys on both for three or four levels.

Cash is $1/2. $100/$300 buy-in.

$1-$3 or $2-$5 for holdem - Delaers choice/Mixed Game is $5 on the button pot limit

.5/1 or $2/$5 depending on the players.
I am new to poker hosting. My group consists of too few players that want to play the cash game.

I run NLHE Tournaments for $20 to $40 buy in range.

I've only managed 1 cash game which was $0.25/0.50. loads of fun!

More sad for my cool cash sets that don't get any felt.

Tourney: $100, $20 add-on after six levels, one rebuy allowed up to that break.

Cash game is 1/2 NLHE usually, but sometimes the group agrees play 2/5. Thing is, the people wanting 2/5 still tend to buy in for 1/2 stakes, so all that creates is a shortstacker’s game. I’m now keeping it 1/2 and reminding those calling for 2/5 that they can always straddle UTG.

When it gets later (again only by group consent) I’ll allow the option of mix in PLO/PLO8. This is a self-dealt game.

When it gets really late, the remaining degenerates may agree to play a truly absurd game called Rosie or Rose with a Tail. The longest this has lasted is from 2-4:30 am, as it is an incredibly swingy game designed to redistribute chips from the night’s big winner back to the rest of the remaining losers.

rose with a tail.jpg

Last edited:
50c/50c - keeps it easy with the blinds the same and only having 100x 50c chips in my set... usual buy ins are $100 and we end up with 2.5k on the table by end of night most of the time...

We play a pretty deep $1/2 game. Rotation of PLO and Hold’em. Though lately we are playing less and less Hold’em. Last game we substituted SOHE in once we got to 6 handed.

At midnight we go to just PLO unless someone wants suggests another game and everyone agrees to it.

Our cash games are usually 0.25/0.50 with mainly NLHE mixed in with some PLO. Those games are mainly a reason to hang out, have a few drinks and socialize with old friends. Once in a while (maybe once every few months) we get a 1/2 game going with a mixed group of people. Austin also has a lot of poker rooms so if we ever feel the urge for a bigger game it's really easy to go visit one of those and play 1/2 or 1/3.

Our cash game is usually 1/1 and sometimes 1/2. Everyone buys in for $100. Sometimes guys will buy in for $200-$300. A few guys after being felted will rebuy for $300-$500. Most hands there is a straddle, often a double straddle and every now and then they’ll be a triple straddle. So for the 1/2, that turns the game into a 1/2/4/8/16. Waaaaay too big for me Lol. Unless I have a premium hand A’s, K’s, AK I try and stay clear from those hands.

My cash game is 0.05/0.10 and everyone buys in for 10€. Rebuys are 10€ or about half the chipleaders stack (eg. around 30€ on one player - future buyins up to 15€)

Game plays really small overall, i think around 3 rebuys on avg. Most of the guys dont play that much, but they get more hooked the last few games since we atleast get 1-2 games per month.

More money is spend on snacks and alcohol then put on the felt atm.

NLHE tournaments $20-$50 buy in, cash game NLHE .10/.25, initial buy in is $25-$50, re-buys are $25-$75, we usually wind up with $600+ on the table.

We are now at $100 tournaments and .50/$1 NLHE cash game with buy-ins $100-$150, most buy in for $150. Re-buys range from $50-$150, no one has re-bought for more. I have 5 players willing to go $1/$2 with $300 max buy in.

Tourney: $100, $20 add-on after six levels, one rebuy allowed up to that break.

Cash game is 1/2 NLHE usually, but sometimes the group agrees play 2/5. Thing is, the people wanting 2/5 still tend to buy in for 1/2 stakes, so all that creates is a shortstacker’s game. I’m now keeping it 1/2 and reminding those calling for 2/5 that they can always straddle UTG.

When it gets later (again only by group consent) I’ll allow the option of mix in PLO/PLO8. This is a self-dealt game.

When it gets really late, the remaining degenerates may agree to play a truly absurd game called Rosie or Rose with a Tail. The longest this has lasted is from 2-4:30 am, as it is an incredibly swingy game designed to redistribute chips from the night’s big winner back to the rest of the remaining losers.

View attachment 394849

.................:jawdrop:
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Once a month I host a 25¢ / 50 ¢ game and a $1 / $2 game. And I try to fit in a $20 + $5 Bounty tournament in each month, but it's been more like every other month lately.

Then I have a weekly Sunday night game with 3 degenerate friends. $10 tournaments short stacked with 15 minute levels. Usually play 3-4 in a night and end with a 5¢/10¢ or 10¢/20¢ cash game for the last hour or so.

So $5 chip is played as $1.25 and $25 chip is played as $6.25. Sounds like a fun game. You really expect people to buy in for like $40 and then have $160 in chips and have to remember that the $80 bet they are facing is really $20?

Chips should always be face value and just use non-denominated chip for fracs like you stated in option 1.
We have a quarterly $.10/$.20 NL game with a $30 buy-in/$30 re-buy using $1/5/20/100 chips. Plays like a $1/$2 game and allows for a) a broader group of folks and b) a casual atmosphere where poker serves as a social catalyst.

At the end of the night, total and divide by 10.

Curious which table stakes you guys play in your regular home game? I used to play $1/$2 NL years ago but then I learned about bankroll management and stopped playing in the game. Soon after I met a group of guys who would play .25/.50 NL but now the game runs as .50/1.00 with $100 buy in. How about you guys?
I play in a 1/2 on Fridays and host a 25¢/50¢ on Saturday and host a 10¢/20¢ on monday evening. Im on a military base that has a official Wednesday tournament (10$ with 15 players +- average and lots of rebuys) so I get to play 4 nights a week. Even though I'm a winning player at the local 1/2, I do better in the 25/50 game with all the 1/2 players who show up thinking they can out bet everyone.

Realized I may not have answered you question. Regardless of stakes my game is always 40 big blind minimum buyin and 100 big blind max buyin. The rare exception is 25¢/50¢ where I make it 60$ max to start just because most people bring 20$ bills and cant make 50$ without change. Max buyin goes up to whatever is the big stack after the first hand is over without exception. So you can always buyin enough to cover the bully but can't over buy to be a bully.

Interested to see what the community thinkis about this structure too, so give me both barrels.

My game is 0.25/0.50, and my players rarely bet more than the minimum. So my question to all of you out there who seem to have low stakes games like me....what chips do you use? My game is best with a couple racks of quarters, couple racks of $1, and a couple barrels of $5. I find it hard to build sets since quarters are so hard to come by. Sometimes, I just end up using tourney chips, $25 as quarters, etc.

so what do you low stakes guys use?
@liftapint I train all my players the same, since I host different stakes on different nights. 1=1 blind, 5=5 blinds. So if its 1$/2$ the wites are 1$,reds are 5$. If we play 10¢/20¢ it's the exact same structure. White=10¢,red=50¢. Whatever the small blind is = '1' and red./5 always = 5xwhite. It's a very short learning curve and in about 15min people are just tossing in a red and 3 whites & saying "8" no matter what the stakes are. Just manage the bank according to the blind size and this gets me a huge range of use out of the same chip denominations.

NLHE20 or PLO20 (10c-20c) and NLHE10 or PLO10 (10c-10c) if after a €20 tournament.

I also want to tey introduce HORSE to my group :
Limit 20c-50c with
- table ante = 20c for stud games
- small blind / low or high card = 10c

And move to
Limit 50c-€1 with
- table ante = 50c (or single ante of 10c still to decide)
- small blind / low or high card = 50c (or 20c still to decide)

My set will be produced after Chinese New Year :

the_bank_overview-png.387448

Last edited:
usually a .50/.50 mixed game that includes NL holdem/ PLO/ PLO8 with initial buy-ins ranging from 40-80$

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom