What a joke! (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy shit you guy need to get off your fucking high horse, "dibs" doesnt mean shit, you know how many people just emailed me to tell me sell to whoever i want?

you think im going to say who the buyer was? you guys are on crack, The butthurt is really strong in here.

Call me whatever the fuck you like, i love salt on my fries. keep brining it. There was only one person who i said i would sell this chips to. THen i got bombarded with emails.

so to make things easier, i made another post saying i will give priority to those who buy more.. THe i had someone locally offer to buy all the lower priced ones. I said i already promised them to the SUPER friendly german. Yeah i love the germans shoot me.. THen this super really easy going guy said, hell take all the WTHC canes,..

I didnt want to deal with the mob of emails, and counter offers. so i just figured i would acution them off the deal doesnt go through.. i dont want hassles form you guys, you annoy the shit out of me and sooo happy i left this shit stain of a community 10 years ago. you have not changed a fucking bit.

Go ahead tell people not to buy from me. but in case anyone else is wondering i have a set of 1000 CPS ill be selling as well. i might keep 300 for myself and them in out of this game.

GOOD FUCKING RIDDENCE TO YOU GREEDY ENTITLED BUNCH!

holy shit you guy need to get off your fucking high horse, "dibs" doesnt mean shit, you know how many people just emailed me to tell me sell to whoever i want?

you think im going to say who the buyer was? you guys are on crack, The butthurt is really strong in here.

Call me whatever the fuck you like, i love salt on my fries. keep brining it. There was only one person who i said i would sell this chips to. THen i got bombarded with emails.

so to make things easier, i made another post saying i will give priority to those who buy more.. THe i had someone locally offer to buy all the lower priced ones. I said i already promised them to the SUPER friendly german. Yeah i love the germans shoot me.. THen this super really easy going guy said, hell take all the WTHC canes,..

I didnt want to deal with the mob of emails, and counter offers. so i just figured i would acution them off the deal doesnt go through.. i dont want hassles form you guys, you annoy the shit out of me and sooo happy i left this shit stain of a community 10 years ago. you have not changed a fucking bit.

Go ahead tell people not to buy from me. but in case anyone else is wondering i have a set of 1000 CPS ill be selling as well. i might keep 300 for myself and them in out of this game.

Do your research before you post your ad or do a fucking auction right away, asshat

1612764892823.png

I have never been vocal like this before but want to do so so that this type of approach to the community gets squashed.
I'm not sure what other sentiments there are, but the classifieds here are really pleasant transactions, and I say that as both a buyer, seller, and trader. In addition to collecting poker chips, I collect coins. A couple years ago, I was pretty active on eBay, both buying and selling. I wasn't really in it to make a profit, I made a little bit, but not enough that it would have been worthwhile. But I got what I wanted and got rid of what I didn't need.

But when you're on eBay it always ends up being about money. Everyone on eBay wants to screw you over, and the act of listing things, dealing with buyers, packing things up, mailing them, etc. got really tedious really fast. I hated it. Collecting wasn't a hobby any more, it was a job. I lost all motivation for collecting coins. Being an eBay buyer (and eventually seller) put me off coin collecting.

I'm so glad I found PCF. This is a real hobby, and there's a real community. When I'm buying in the classifieds, I have that inherent trust that the people selling want to help me. When there's something I want, there are people helping me find it, and making sure I'm happy and it's well packed. Not because it's their job but because they love the hobby too. Yes, when I buy and sell I lose a little bit every time, but mostly due to shipping and PayPal costs. No one on PCF has ever tried to screw me over. When I'm selling, it doesn't feel like a chore. I know I'm helping someone to get what they need. I can share in that sense of community, and I never really realized it until now. PCF has been such a great environment, and I sincerely hope that mentality doesn't die. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, I mean this with the most respect possible.

I don't believe ^this^ type of response is going to help calm the waters.

(Too late. The blowback has already begun.)

Your correct, shouldn’t waste my time with any of this. Greedy and Entitled though, I’m sure you can find that in your mirror.
Best to ya.

CPS chips you’ll be selling? Hmmmm.

You mean like the ones below? On the thread where you asked what they were worth? Because you had zero use for them?

That’s weird, because I remember back then someone was buying ALL the CPS chips. And, every single CPS sales for months (actually years) sold with .07 a chip of each other. And someone went through the trouble of sharing that, their purchase price history.

I bought 1k of them in the group buy i have used them for all my tournaments all of ZERO and i small cash game 25/25 NLHE.. just trying to gauge the value of these as they are doing nothing for me..

I believe after you coming in, starting a thread to ask the price and saying you had no use for them, starting shit with a bunch of members in the thread, and then receiving requested information on pricing and a fair offer replied with:

sorry i dont think thats a fair price, I'll pass.
I’m amazed on you calling folks greedy, and not necessarily just because of this last kerfuffle. Best of luck to you selling your CPS chips for whatever you think the fair price should be.

You can respond with cuss words, bravado, get all gussied up. But bottom line, you’d rather have chips that you have no use for sit and die in a corner instead of helping someone finish a project despite being able to sell them for more than you originally purchased because you think an entire forum of chippers is undervaluing them for years.

I’d say that’s about as greedy and entitled as you could get, but then again you might just fit along well with the PCF of now.

edit: oh and for what’s it worth. THOUSANDS of these CPS chips went out recently, for FREE or UNDERPRICED. Literally. Because not everyone is here to profit. So best of luck to you, I love the chips, they should probably still move at around .40 a pop with a great breakdown, but I’d list at .35.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what other sentiments there are, but the classifieds here are really pleasant transactions, and I say that as both a buyer, seller, and trader. In addition to collecting poker chips, I collect coins. A couple years ago, I was pretty active on eBay, both buying and selling. I wasn't really in it to make a profit, I made a little bit, but not enough that it would have been worthwhile. But I got what I wanted and got rid of what I didn't need.

But when you're on eBay it always ends up being about money. Everyone on eBay wants to screw you over, and the act of listing things, dealing with buyers, packing things up, mailing them, etc. got really tedious really fast. I hated it. Collecting wasn't a hobby any more, it was a job. I lost all motivation for collecting coins. Being an eBay buyer (and eventually seller) put me off coin collecting.

I'm so glad I found PCF. This is a real hobby, and there's a real community. When I'm buying in the classifieds, I have that inherent trust that the people selling want to help me. When there's something I want, there are people helping me find it, and making sure I'm happy and it's well packed. Not because it's their job but because they love the hobby too. Yes, when I buy and sell I lose a little bit every time, but mostly due to shipping and PayPal costs. No one on PCF has ever tried to screw me over. When I'm selling, it doesn't feel like a chore. I know I'm helping someone to get what they need. I can share in that sense of community, and I never really realized it until now. PCF has been such a great environment, and I sincerely hope that mentality doesn't die. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, I mean this with the most respect possible.

I appreciate you posting your thoughts and look forward to helping each other out in the future and also seeing what you do with your chip sets. Best of luck with your chipping.

I don't believe ^this^ type of response is going to help calm the waters.

(Too late. The blowback has already begun.)
It isn’t @Mojo1312. I shouldn’t have opened this up but it’s frustrating to see some of the stuff that’s been happening here. This place wasn’t like this not too long ago.

I see your point. Doesn’t make it good business practice though. It’s not something I’d do. Maybe I just have principles.

I definitely see your point as well. I'd be pissed too if someone listed something for $500 that I wanted and I said I'd take it 5 seconds after it was posted, then found out 30 minutes later that he ended up taking an offer of $520 via PM afterward. But I think there's also some gray area, particularly with respect to newer members or people with fewer than ~100 posts or so. It's one thing when someone who is an active member of the community, and thus should know the market, does something like this, but it's something quite different when a noob does it. Particularly when that noob comes here and realizes they're being taken advantage of (intentionally or not).

Just imagine a loved one has passed in your family and they collected antique pocket watches. You have no clue what they're worth, so you join pocketwatchforum.com and start asking around for help. Someone tells you your watches are worth $5,000. Then you go to sell them expecting to get around that much and your inbox gets flooded with people looking to pay you thousands more. How would you feel?

I realize you have principles, and I'm not questioning that. But I also think looking out for the interests of an outsider is principled as well.

Now if someone like me, or anyone else with thousands of posts tried to pull something like that, then ya, screw them.

He had fewer than 20 posts when he made his listing. Sorry, but cut the guy some slack. He doesn't know what they're worth and got a ton of PMs saying they were willing to offer more and that he should just auction them off. Especially those Aztar $25s! He listed them for probably 1/4th of what they're worth on the open market. Stop acting like you are in some legally binding contract with someone because you saw their classified listing first. :rolleyes: You guys are getting ridiculous with all the slut-shaming around here. IT'S HIS PROPERTY. NOT YOURS. HE CAN DO WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS WITH IT. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

I don’t always agree with RT, but 100% this

I definitely see your point as well. I'd be pissed too if someone listed something for $500 that I wanted and I said I'd take it 5 seconds after it was posted, then found out 30 minutes later that he ended up taking an offer of $520 via PM afterward. But I think there's also some gray area, particularly with respect to newer members or people with fewer than ~100 posts or so. It's one thing when someone who is an active member of the community, and thus should know the market, does something like this, but it's something quite different when a noob does it. Particularly when that noob comes here and realizes they're being taken advantage of (intentionally or not).

Just imagine a loved one has passed in your family and they collected antique pocket watches. You have no clue what they're worth, so you join pocketwatchforum.com and start asking around for help. Someone tells you your watches are worth $5,000. Then you go to sell them expecting to get around that much and your inbox gets flooded with people looking to pay you thousands more. How would you feel?

I realize you have principles, and I'm not questioning that. But I also think looking out for the interests of an outsider is principled as well.

Now if someone like me, or anyone else with thousands of posts tried to pull something like that, then ya, screw them.
I just dont care to deal with 10 sales on one chipset.. i never jacked up any price, i sold everything at the listing price.. people on here Yelled dibs and assumed i was going to sell to them. then they got SUPER mad that i didnt, and were even more superer madder that i didnt want to goback and forth over emails and let them fight it out over the price., If i was greedy i would of just auctioned them off. but i just wanted to get rid of them at a fair price.
There was no snaking, or trickery, simple emails said, ill take the whole lot.

i dont get why everyone feels entitled by calling dips.

And to those who PM'd me warning me about the toxic brats, thanks. i appreciate. the kind words. To those who have to go out of their way to express how butthurt they are into an echo chamber.. meh i got nothing bad to say, keep doing you.

I agree in spirit with what you are saying here. And I also understand that you are somewhat flushing out the issue generally. But there are facts and circumstances specific to situations that have happened in the past couple days that I believe make these situations different from the points you are arguing that I do actually agree with. And again, my frustration has been more so with the buyer than the sellers. As you pointed out correctly here as well as yesterday the sellers do not frequent PCF often. Although the seller in this instance had specifically posted a thread solely purposed to determine the value of these chips. I do think it’s unfortunate the seller is catching most of the heat here only because the subversive buyer is unknown.

And regarding “fair market value”, there is no certainty in a FMV. When I built my WTHC set the general going rate was firmly at $3.50 each. But I also know people that had paid $6 each to pry them from others hands about the same time when they couldn’t immediately find them. So is the fair market value $3.50 or $6? There is a slight problem with valuation here because you have some members who will literarily pay whatever it takes for certain chips when they have their minds set on them. So if WTHC routinely sell for $3.50-$4ea and someone lists them for that price but someone PMs them for $6 each, that doesn’t mean they were undervalued in the first place. It means someone overvalued them from what is generally considered fair price.

Of course people have the right to do whatever they want, assuming it doesn’t violate some site terms here. But this isn’t just a marketplace. If you are reading this you are participating in the community. This is a community for hobbyists who love what they do. If we don’t have some commonly held principals and standards beyond the most basic site terms than none of us are going to have a good time here.

Last edited:
I just dont care to deal with 10 sales on one chipset.. i never jacked up any price, i sold everything at the listing price.. people on here Yelled dibs and assumed i was going to sell to them. then they got SUPER mad that i didnt, and were even more superer madder that i didnt want to goback and forth over emails and let them fight it out over the price., If i was greedy i would of just auctioned them off. but i just wanted to get rid of them at a fair price.
There was no snaking, or trickery, simple emails said, ill take the whole lot.

i dont get why everyone feels entitled by calling dips.

And to those who PM'd me warning me about the toxic brats, thanks. i appreciate. the kind words. To those who have to go out of their way to express how butthurt they are into an echo chamber.. meh i got nothing bad to say, keep doing you.
Not “butthurt” in the least. From the outside looking in, your thread seemed deceptive. I could care less about the chips. What I’m tired of seeing is this kind of stuff continuing to happen.
It’s driving lots of decent people away.

In fairness, I haven't read every post in Tootsmagoots thread to know who put in dibs for what, nor am I up to speed on other stuff that has been happening here. However, I know if someone met or (hypothetically speaking) exceeded my asking price for my set of WHT&C's, I would take it rather than split the set up.

Without knowing the details of the other transaction(s) with any amount of certainty, I believe we should take Tootsmagoots post on the subject at face value.

Regarding the anger some have expressed, I don't know that the people here have changed as much as the times have changed. There were tons of options back in the day when BCC, TRK and Paulson sold chips to the home market. Determining chip values was a lot simpler then compared to now.

I understand the frustration that comes with trying to build a casino grade set since the chip manufacturers have pulled out of the home market, but I think we should put everything in perspective by acknowledging that every year new members are joining the site seeking the same chips for their home games as the rest of us.

Perhaps, it is that lack of availability/scarcity which is driving our perception that the people here have changed.

I think the issue is that of transparency.....and lack of this issue has become a trend

there has to be some sort of honor system and on this forum...dibs, backup, right of first refusal seemed to be the accepted practice.

a newbie makes a mistake, no biggie this happens in all aspects of life. However; one should keep to their words, eat their mistake and learn from it

Everyone agrees seller's chips seller can do wtf he wants, but to say the sale will become an auction if the buy all deal falls through ....

Quote:
"i have a ton of offers on all the chips, due to the overwhelming response im going to put them up for auction one person offered to buy all the WTHC at my asking price waiting for confirmation otherwise the chips will be up for auction tomorrow."

The reality is that you have different people operating under different rules. A seller posts an ad with their terms and a set price as opposed to an auction listing with a variable price. A prospective buyer (buyer 1) responds publicly to the ad agreeing to buy per the stated terms. At this point both parties believe they are being transparent and playing by the rules. Then a secondary buyer (buyer 2) comes in privately offering to pay more than buyer 1 to secure the deal. At this point buyer 2 knows they aren’t playing by the same rules as buyer 1 and they know they aren’t being transparent. As a matter of fact, the lack of transparency is the point. Buyer 2 doesn’t want to start a bidding war and they don’t care about some kind of fair market value and they don’t want buyer 1 knowing that they are outbidding them. They are leveraging the sense of fairness of buyer 1 and their “weakness” in following the straight sale terms in order to quickly secure the deal for slightly more than asking price, not fair market value. Buyer 1 never gets a fair opportunity to bid themselves since they didn’t know it was an auction and thought they were playing by the rules. Buyer 2 is operating under the “everything is fair in an open marketplace” and “money talks” rules. This is the part the bothers me. From my perspective it is a way in which one person takes advantage of another specifically and intentionally because that person is being transparent and following the rules.

This is all visible to the seller and it’s just up to them if they want to capitulate to this or not.

Honestly, I'm still pretty new here. But what I know is that the generosity of many members was (and still is) really overwhelming. There are so many people on PCF who genuinely want to help you (even at a financial loss to themselves), and who believe so deeply in the sense of community here. I was reading the 'PCF Nostalgia' thread the other day where people were talking about how the sense of community was dying and to be honest, when I see sale threads like this one, it makes me really sad, because I can see that the Nostalgia thread is right :nailbite:.

Ngl, this really hit some emotional heartstrings for me. Like, there are definitely still people who want to feed the birds, but it honestly makes me sad that there are enough people who don't.

Couldn't agree more, this place has been incredibly helpful to me. Haven't had a bad interaction yet.

As someone who thought I'd be able to walk in and buy a complete set when I first joined, I can empathize when you miss out on a coveted piece to the puzzle, at a great price.

Re: another thread earlier this weekend, this place would do well to consider getting rid of this "Dibs" mentality.

I was involved in this thread, although not the sale, as well as the one yesterday with similar circumstances. I want to point out that I was frustrated and more “vocal” than I have ever been here about the community nature here and integrity in general. Maybe I should have taken a chill pill. But much of that frustration was focused more on the members who privately PMed the sellers (as opposed to the sellers themselves) to “hijack” the sale by overbidding in a non-auction thread with stated sales prices where people in the thread had agreed to the sellers terms. Those members who first agreed to the sellers terms never had the option to “bid” or counter because they thought they were fair dealing with the seller. They didn’t know someone was shadow bidding to claim a sale. My belief is that it is the member buyer activity here driving these shot shows.

again my pm for over asking for both racks was sent prior to your edits for both the racks. This little tidbit always seems to get missed.

again my pm for over asking for both racks was sent prior to your edits for both the racks. This little tidbit always seems to get missed.
And again, there was no clause in the ad that precedence would be given to someone getting both. If it were, the dibses would most probably have been different to begin with.

And again, there was no clause in the ad that precedence would be given to someone getting both. If it were, the dibses would most probably have been different to begin with.
Exactly no information about terms had been included in the original post. So free for all eh?
Maybe PCF should load a template like they do for auctions to help clarify the listings.

It’s not about that and you know that. They sold to you because you offered more money privately when us others didn’t even realize we should be bidding in the first place. We just play by different rules. Like I said in that thread, I appreciate your honesty. Can I ask if it was you in this other thread for the WTHCs?

I am shocked that people are willing to pay $6+ a chip for mass produced fantasy paulsons, and put up a fight over them. To each his/her own I guess. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, chippers be crazy. I figured the loch ness monster price was fair based on previous sales.

1612789150409.png

Last edited:
It’s not about that and you know that. They sold to you because you offered more money privately when us others didn’t even realize we should be bidding in the first place. We just play by different rules. Like I said in that thread, I appreciate your honesty. Can I ask if it was you in this other thread for the WTHCs?
No and nothing has sold to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom