What a joke! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Tuna

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
@tootsmagoots! Yeah you. What you did with your sale ad was completely wrong and you should be ashamed of yourself.
Yes I’m starting this thread so you can be publicly called out for your spineless ness. I think we all know who bought your chips, probably no secret.
It’s members like yourself that have made this place the DUMP that it has been lately. I own WTHCs and your prices were not too low, you just got a higher offer by someone as shameless as yourself.
You are officially on my blacklist.
GARBAGE!!!

I was involved in this thread, although not the sale, as well as the one yesterday with similar circumstances. I want to point out that I was frustrated and more “vocal” than I have ever been here about the community nature here and integrity in general. Maybe I should have taken a chill pill. But much of that frustration was focused more on the members who privately PMed the sellers (as opposed to the sellers themselves) to “hijack” the sale by overbidding in a non-auction thread with stated sales prices where people in the thread had agreed to the sellers terms. Those members who first agreed to the sellers terms never had the option to “bid” or counter because they thought they were fair dealing with the seller. They didn’t know someone was shadow bidding to claim a sale. My belief is that it is the member buyer activity here driving these shit shows.

Last edited:
Who bought the chips? Why not out both parties?
Because they PMed to “outbid” to snake the people who had publicly claimed the purchase first on a straight sale thread with stated prices. We don’t know who it was. But the same thing that happened to me yesterday. Although unfortunately there is one member who get snaked in both sales yesterday and today.

Who bought the chips? Why not out both parties?
Probably won’t know for sure but I have my hunches. This kind of behavior lately is inexcusable, spineless and dishonest.
I’m ashamed of what’s happened to what was once a great community.
If I knew for sure the other party, they’d be named as well.

Because they PMed to “outbid” to snake the people who had publicly claimed the purchase first on a straight sale thread with stated prices. We don’t know who it was. But the same thing that happened to me yesterday. Although unfortunately there is one member who get snaked in both sales yesterday and today.
Yeah I just thought people knew who it was based on what @Lil Tuna said.

PCF used to want to feed the birds. Now it’s all Fiduciary Fidelity Bank.

01D44C9F-808F-4AD0-8774-8A80BE90DBF7.gif

I’m about to sell some stuff and I noticed there’re wanted ads for a couple of those items. I don’t know those members though and because of shit like this I’m hesitant to reach out. What if they’re asshats too. This sucks. I’m gonna word my sales ad like a lawyer to make sure I can sell to good people.

I’m about to sell some stuff and I noticed there’re wanted ads for a couple of those items. I don’t know those members though and because of shit like this I’m hesitant to reach out. What if they’re asshats too. This sucks. I’m gonna word my sales ad like a lawyer to make sure I can sell to good people.

Windwalker has a good "asshat clause" in his sale threads.

Do your research, sell your items for what you want. Don’t screw people cause you made a mistake.
Very simple! Good luck with your sale.

He had fewer than 20 posts when he made his listing. Sorry, but cut the guy some slack. He doesn't know what they're worth and got a ton of PMs saying they were willing to offer more and that he should just auction them off. Especially those Aztar $25s! He listed them for probably 1/4th of what they're worth on the open market. Stop acting like you are in some legally binding contract with someone because you saw their classified listing first. :rolleyes: You guys are getting ridiculous with all the slut-shaming around here. IT'S HIS PROPERTY. NOT YOURS. HE CAN DO WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS WITH IT. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Do your research, sell your items for what you want. Don’t screw people cause you made a mistake.

How is anyone "getting screwed" though?

Don’t sell, just give your chips to me. I’ll take them for free, sight unseen. I’m happy to help. Thanks in advance.

He had fewer than 20 posts when he made his listing. Sorry, but cut the guy some slack. He doesn't know what they're worth and got a ton of PMs saying they were willing to offer more and that he should just auction them off. Especially those Aztar $25s! He listed them for probably 1/4th of what they're worth on the open market. Stop acting like you are in some legally binding contract with someone because you saw their classified listing first. :rolleyes: You guys are getting ridiculous with all the slut-shaming around here. IT'S HIS PROPERTY. NOT YOURS. HE CAN DO WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS WITH IT. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

With all due respect, he specifically started a thread to find out what his chips were worth and he received plenty of support: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...sell-this-set-a-whole-for.61695/#post-1213850

Although my issues are more focused on the buyer/bidder behavior. The chips were priced right (edit: other than the aztars). There is just one buyer out there willing to outbid anyone even on set prices sales.

Last edited:
Don’t worry, I’m certainly no renegotiator. Asshat clause will be in effect though

I was involved in this thread, although not the sale, as well as the one yesterday with similar circumstances. I want to point out that I was frustrated and more “vocal” than I have ever been here about the community nature here and integrity in general. Maybe I should have taken a chill pill. But much of that frustration was focused more on the members who privately PMed the sellers to “hijack” the sale by overbidding in a non-auction thread with stated sales prices where people in the thread had agreed to the sellers terms. Those members who first agreed to the sellers terms never had the option to “bid” or counter because they thought they were fair dealing with the seller. They didn’t know someone was shadow bidding to claim a sale. My belief is that it is the member buyer activity here driving these shot shows.
Honestly, I'm still pretty new here. But what I know is that the generosity of many members was (and still is) really overwhelming. There are so many people on PCF who genuinely want to help you (even at a financial loss to themselves), and who believe so deeply in the sense of community here. I was reading the 'PCF Nostalgia' thread the other day where people were talking about how the sense of community was dying and to be honest, when I see sale threads like this one, it makes me really sad, because I can see that the Nostalgia thread is right :nailbite:.
PCF used to want to feed the birds. Now it’s all Fiduciary Fidelity Bank.

View attachment 631417
Ngl, this really hit some emotional heartstrings for me. Like, there are definitely still people who want to feed the birds, but it honestly makes me sad that there are enough people who don't.

I don't see where Tootsmagoots did anything wrong by selling all of his WTH&C chips to one person.

He stated within 15 minutes of his OP that priority would be given to those buying more than one lot.

With all due respect, he specifically started a thread to find out what his chips were worth and he received plenty of support: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...sell-this-set-a-whole-for.61695/#post-1213850

Or perhaps, as usual, he specifically started a thread before to find out what his chips were worth and got answers that were below market value. Then when he went to sell them, he got flooded with offers above the values that people told him they were worth and he realized that people didn't actually have his best interest at heart in the earlier thread? Not saying that's what happened, but it's definitely what often happens IMO. Every time I see one of those threads, the values people post are almost always below the actual market values. I don't think it's because people are trying to be dishonest necessarily (although certainly sometimes they're angling hoping to be the buyer at a good price), often they're just out of touch with the market.

Honestly, I'm still pretty new here. But what I know is that the generosity of many members was (and still is) really overwhelming. There are so many people on PCF who genuinely want to help you (even at a financial loss to themselves), and who believe so deeply in the sense of community here. I was reading the 'PCF Nostalgia' thread the other day where people were talking about how the sense of community was dying and to be honest, when I see sale threads like this one, it makes me really sad, because I can see that the Nostalgia thread is right :nailbite:.

Honestly, these situations are outliers. I have only been here a year longer than you but share similar experiences. I have never been vocal like this before but want to do so so that this type of approach to the community gets squashed.

Or perhaps, as usual, he specifically started a thread before to find out what his chips were worth and got answers that were below market value. Then when he went to sell them, he got flooded with offers above the values that people told him they were worth and he realized that people didn't actually have his best interest at heart in the earlier thread? Not saying that's what happened, but it's definitely what often happens IMO. Every time I see one of those threads, the values people post are almost always below the actual market values. I don't think it's because people are trying to be dishonest necessarily (although certainly sometimes they're angling hoping to be the buyer at a good price), often they're just out of touch with the market.

You had similar thoughts on the situation yesterday I believe. What is the true market value? The highest anyone is willing to pay? Over what period of time? Then lets make all sales threads auctions, right? If it was truly about finding the "true market value" or the highest bidder then we would only be doing auctions. If the person who PMed the seller wanted to offer "market value" why didn't they do it publicly? You know why. It's because they wanted to privately lock down the deal for slightly more than the asking price without the other people who responded first knowing that they should be bidding higher. These people didn't PM and say "hey, I think these chips are slightly undervalued. I think you should auction them or raise the sale price.". They said something like "I know you have buyers at your asking price but I will give you X + 20%". The people responding first and not offering more weren't being deceptive trying to buy undervalued chips. They thought they were fair dealing with the seller per their requested terms. No way this is about fair market price. I 100% guarantee if that person had been the first to respond they would have not offered over the asking price. There is not integrity, no transparency, no sense of fairness. It's just about the dollar. They have the "right" to do whatever they want and @Lil Tuna has the "right" to post this thread to warn people who don't wan to trade chips in a community with people who handle themselves in such a manner. And I have the right to yell at the clouds and go be by myself. Which I should do :)

Last edited:
I see your point. Doesn’t make it good business practice though. It’s not something I’d do. Maybe I just have principles.

My point was I’m just as upset as you over these recent events and I don’t want to sell to any such people as those renegotiating these deals. That’s all. I’m not calling you anything but a good dude, ok? :) @Lil Tuna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom