what a f*cking joke the MLB is! (1 Viewer)

Quicksilver-75

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I get that the play is in the rule book BUT:

Did it include anything about the fucking homeplate umpire waving it down in mid-sequence BEFORE the player even crosses the plate?

Even if the Jays do play the ball, how the hell are they supposed to guard the plate with the ump on the baseline and their player in the batter's box?

BULLSHIT!

The hotel I'm at doesn't have FS1. You'll have to describe the play.

The backcatch threw the ball back to the pitcher but the ball went off the bat of the batter who didn't clear the BB. So the guy on 3rd ran home.
So far all ok.
Seconds into the play the HP ump walks out onto the baseline and waves it down. The Jay players stop moving thinking (rightfully) that the play has been waved dead.
After the short discussion the Rangers are awarded a point?
Ultimately it was a play waved dead by the ump not allowing the Jays a chance to defend.

On a side note: I'm am flat out disgusted with fans throwing stuff not only on the field, but at the players. Shameful.

Gotcha. I'll have to look for a replay. I see from MLB's site Bautista hit a 3 run shot.

I'd say plenty of incompetence took place in that inning. Hard to believe these are two of the top teams in baseball and that this was a "best of class" umpiring crew.

However, the worst team looks very likely to lose the game -=- DrStrange

Well, I am a tremendous fan of karma. In all seriousness though....it was all caused by poor officiating. The ump should have just let the play happen then figure it out.

Well, I am a tremendous fan of karma. In all seriousness though....it was all caused by poor officiating. The ump should have just let the play happen then figure it out.

^^^ This. I missed the original play, but just saw it at www.sportsnet.ca (here). I agree that the ball was live, and the run would have been fine if the ump had let the play go to completion. But he didn't. The home plate umpire waved the play dead before the runner crossed home plate. In my view, since it was waved dead prior to the runner scoring, the ball was dead, and the runner should have been sent back to 3rd. If the rules state that the home plate umpire doesn't have the authority to rule the play dead (which would seem odd to me), then the correct call was made.

Absolutely the run should have counted... the Jays had exactly 0% chance of throwing him out at home. That's why the NFL rule was changed to allow change of possession on a fumble if the outcome wasn't in doubt regardless of a whistle blowing. Screw the technicalities, fair is fair.

Absolutely the run should have counted... the Jays had exactly 0% chance of throwing him out at home. That's why the NFL rule was changed to allow change of possession on a fumble if the outcome wasn't in doubt regardless of a whistle blowing. Screw the technicalities, fair is fair.

We aren't talking about a whistle blow here. We are talking about a clueless umpire walking through the middle of the play waving his arms calling the play back. Fair is fair, yes. But the ump screwed the pooch here royaly.

We aren't talking about a whistle blow here. We are talking about a clueless umpire walking through the middle of the play waving his arms calling the play back. Fair is fair, yes. But the ump screwed the pooch here royaly.
Did he fuck up the call? No question. But unless you can show me anyone on the field for the Jays who had a 1-in-10,000 shot at getting to the ball and throwing him out at home I'm not sure what the issue is. Neither the pitcher nor the 3rd baseman broke on the ball. They didn't brake on it and stop when the ump did (insert anything you like here), they didn't brake on it period. Nothing the ump did or did not do would have changed the outcome of the run scoring.

I saw that on TV.The officiating from the umpires is the worst. Just how the umpires blew the call on Utley's dirty takedown on Ruben Tejada.

Did he fuck up the call? No question. But unless you can show me anyone on the field for the Jays who had a 1-in-10,000 shot at getting to the ball and throwing him out at home I'm not sure what the issue is. Neither the pitcher nor the 3rd baseman broke on the ball. They didn't brake on it and stop when the ump did (insert anything you like here), they didn't brake on it period. Nothing the ump did or did not do would have changed the outcome of the run scoring.

Yeah pretty much this.

12074864_10156103324705392_332539801882993970_n.jpg

With all due respect (the Jays are IMO the best team in MLB this year AINEC) Joey Bats is a douchebag for showing up the pitcher like that.

He's going to wear one next year the next time the Rangers play the Jays.

I have found that down the stretch the Jays have been especially bad for admiring their shots out of the yard. Bautista, Donaldson and Pillar seem to do it a but much. Encarnacion is always quick to do his thing respectfully. I wonder if it isn't just hype rather than disrespect. .......
Okay. JB is a douche. I'll give you that. But he can hit.

I benched my kid for shit like that.

I guess this isn't quite right. He was rarely a show off. He got benched for being a poor sport when he fucked up. Strike out, throw the bat, helmet, ect....He only did it once. Pulled him from the team (he was the pitcher that game) and made him sit in the bleachers to watch his team. On the walk home I said if he ever did something like that again he would never play baseball again. He was 10 at the time. Played for 4 more years and was well behaved (well, would bitch to me later, in private, but that was acceptable)

I wish I could get my kid to hit the ball 480' :p

Jake couldn't hit the ball to save his life until he was 11 (three years left). Not only could he not hit, he was a strike out machine. His timing was completely off. When he finally figured it out, he'd hit a double, triple, or HR at least once every game. It helped that he was 6 ft tall in 7th grade, lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom