What’s everyone’s Favorite playing cards ? (1 Viewer)

...for real?
I get steamed when people say that is the “proper” way to store KEMs. Because the manufacturer has never suggested it.
I have to admit, it my experience, it has worked, so far. But I still feel like it’s more of a suggestion than a proven thing.

Last edited:
back pic?

770D02E0-0857-4339-AD9B-1C4AE872BF27.jpeg

Got a couple setups of these Fournier cards today thanks to @BPTDirector. They certainly do feel excellent, really nice. They are quite similar in feel and shuffability to Modiano's IMO. I don't shuffle in the proper way with the riffle and all that jazz, so take that for what it's worth. Looks like the Modiano's are about 1 single card thicker than the Fourier. The one thing I definitely like better on these Fournier is the brighter red color. I am very happy with either brand, I just need to get more jumbo.

PXL_20211007_020707110.jpg
PXL_20211007_021403170.jpg

PXL_20211007_022445340.jpg

Hello all, thanks for all the info on your favorite playing cards.

Can anyone recommend any EU (ideally DE) shops, especially for Desjgn (no luck on Google), Piatnik (their site isn't great) and Fournier?

Best,

FYI - the 4-setup (8 decks) of used (but excellent condition) WSOP 2012 cards made by Fournier is back at $9.97 + $8.75 shipping: https://www.ebay.com/itm/152686912359

He had them listed at the "retail" ~$40 price recently, or he hadn't "rebuilt" his inventory, but they're now back to "75% off" or under $2.50 per 2-deck setup (before shipping). Looks like he has 10 available.

Last edited:
FYI - the 4-setup (8 decks) of used (but excellent condition) WSOP 2012 cards made by Fournier is back at $9.97 + $8.75 shipping: https://www.ebay.com/itm/152686912359

He had them listed at the "retail" ~$40 price recently, or he hadn't "rebuilt" his inventory, but they're now back to "75% off" or under $2.50 per 2-deck setup. Looks like he has 10 available.
@Lent53

He had them listed at the "retail" ~$40 price recently, or he hadn't "rebuilt" his inventory, but they're now back to "75% off" or under $2.50 per 2-deck setup. Looks like he has 10 available.
Many thanks. Just took advantage of the deal. :tup:

I ordered this a few weeks back and had wanted to say thanks to whomever it was who originally suggested the deal but I somehow was retardedly unable to find the exact thread/post (Sorry and Thanks to whomever it was!).

Received them pretty quick and upon a very cursory looksee, I didn't notice anything that I would consider a dealbreaker. They are bridge sized and I got them to be basically used as stocking stuffers or as a parting gift for anybody who lost all their money while playing at my house (I have some Full-Tilt cards (made in Taiwan) for the same reason). ;)

One of the recent feedbacks on the eBay user reads - "Not authentic WSOP cards. Buyer beware! Seller did refund my money. Got stuck with shipping costs and fake cards." I don't know enough to tell one way or another.

Sorry for crappy cell phone pics:

Come in original(?) box, transparent tape over the broken red factory(?) seals:

20220105_153421 c.jpg

Look ok to me?

20220105_153404 c.jpg

Minor blems on the side - haven't washed yet, might come out with cleaning?

20220105_153331 c.jpg

Other deck:

20220105_153316 c.jpg

I ordered this a few weeks back and had wanted to say thanks to whomever it was who originally suggested the deal but I somehow was retardedly unable to find the exact thread/post (Sorry and Thanks to whomever it was!).

Received them pretty quick and upon a very cursory looksee, I didn't notice anything that I would consider a dealbreaker. They are bridge sized and I got them to be basically used as stocking stuffers or as a parting gift for anybody who lost all their money while playing at my house (I have some Full-Tilt cards (made in Taiwan) for the same reason). ;)

One of the recent feedbacks on the eBay user reads - "Not authentic WSOP cards. Buyer beware! Seller did refund my money. Got stuck with shipping costs and fake cards." I don't know enough to tell one way or another.

Sorry for crappy cell phone pics:

Come in original(?) box, transparent tape over the broken red factory(?) seals:

View attachment 841443

Look ok to me?

View attachment 841444
Minor blems on the side - haven't washed yet, might come out with cleaning?

View attachment 841445

Other deck:

View attachment 841446
For $1.25 per deck, those look fine to me.

Come in original(?) box, transparent tape over the broken red factory(?) seals

Yeah, they were probably delivered to the WSOP dealers sealed with the red stickers and supposedly only used for a couple levels before being swapped out.

Seller got a truckload of these, basically bought the whole lot after the WSOP that year. He then sorts through them and discards any really bad looking cards, and makes good decks/setups out of the ones he has and tapes them with clear scotch tape. That's why the listings go in and out of stock, because he has to replenish them by manually going through the cards he has remaining.

I wasn't at the WSOP in 2012 (or ever) but these seem like legit cards from that year based on pictures I've seen. Even if they were inauthentic, at $2.50/setup (before shipping), this is a great value for the actual cards regardless of provenance (legal implications of counterfeit products aside). And out of 4 setups, you should be able to get at least 2 setups that are fairly mint and then have backups to swap out cards from the remaining two setups.

I did a split order with friends and kept 4 out of 14 setups. I went through them all and pulled cards out that was even the slightest bit questionable, which ended up being 4 cards. Only one had a super faint spot on the back that might be considered a marked card, and the other 3 had slight blemishes on the front so wouldn't affect gameplay. That's out of 416 cards or barely 1%. I probably won't ever "use up" all 3 fully good setups, even with swapping out cards from the 4th setup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom