What’s everyone’s favorite plastic playing cards (1 Viewer)

Welcome! I actually posted a thread today that asks about everyone's favorite aspects of the playing cards out there.

I would recommend poker size cards for no limit hold em games and bridge size cards for anything else that needs more than two hole cards.

Just like with poker chips, everyone has their favorite qualities and preferences. I'd recommend getting a two deck set up of each brand out there and see what you like. You can stock up on the ones that you end up liking most. Most plastic cards will last multiple games before replacements are needed due to ink fading, marking, and bowing or warping.

In no particular order, you can't go wrong with @desjgn , who is a vendor here, Fournier, King Australia, Cartamundi Belgium, Piatnik, or Dal Negro. Modiano makes good cards but their customer service is the worst.

My favorite are the copag “peek index” ones.
1610922226138.jpeg

I would recommend poker size cards for no limit hold em games and bridge size cards for anything else that needs more than two hole cards.
Why?
I understand bridge for games with lots of cards. But then why bother with poker size at all?

Why?
I understand bridge for games with lots of cards. But then why bother with poker size at all?
The feel is better. Two bridge size cards feels small especially with those with bigger hands. My hands are small and I do prefer the feel of two poker size versus bridge size when picking them up to peek at them.

You will find there are as many opinions as there are members. About the only consensus is that 100% plastic >> plastic-coated paper cards. Other than that, it really comes down to personal preferences.

Welcome! I actually posted a thread today that asks about everyone's favorite aspects of the playing cards out there.

Just like with poker chips, everyone has their favorite qualities and preferences. I'd recommend getting a two deck set up of each brand out there and see what you like. You can stock up on the ones that you end up liking most. Most plastic cards will last multiple games before replacements are needed due to ink fading, marking, and bowing or warping.

In no particular order, you can't go wrong with @desjgn , who is a vendor here, Fournier, King Australia, Cartamundi Belgium, Piatnik, or Dal Negro. Modiano makes good cards but their customer service is the worst.
I actually have desjgns and kems also have cartamundi cards coming all are poker sized

Perhaps oddly, I like rotating between high quality brands. Each brand seems to have at least one best feature, so I find joy no matter which deck is dealt. Dal Negro, Modiano, Copag, Bicycle Prestige, KEM, Da Vinci - all fine by me.

You will find there are as many opinions as there are members. About the only consensus is that 100% plastic >> plastic-coated paper cards. Other than that, it really comes down to personal preferences.
I actually like brand new bicycles. Problem is you go through a lot of them, as they sometimes don't even make them through the night. Plastic are definitely more cost effective, and with variety they are more secure.

Poker actually isn't as hard on the cards as Sheephead, we'll go through several decks a night, old boys there don't like plastic cards so we go through a lot of bicycles on Sheephead night.

Poker actually isn't as hard on the cards as Sheephead,

I don't know about that.... plastic coated paper can barely make it through a few orbits of Hold'Em before the entire deck has a permanent curl to it that tends to make 'em flip over when you're pitching 'em across a table with any authority.

Omaha???? forget it!! :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom