(vote) help me with my micro stakes set! (1 Viewer)

lewan

Flush
Reaction score
I'm planning on a RHC relabel set. we do 0.05/0.10 blinds. we usually all buy in for 100bb by choice but I will give the players the option to buy in for 200bb.

here are 4 chips that are in the conversation. though, i only need to choose 3: a 5¢ , 25¢ and $1.

1631886418407.png
1631886463039.png
1631886762019.png
1631887010510.png

please let me know your thoughts below!

I loved the $5HSI with the $1HSC

Attachments

• 5E382B38-0422-419D-BB5C-6FF7BDF774CD.jpeg
    5E382B38-0422-419D-BB5C-6FF7BDF774CD.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 7146D87F-0CF7-4410-A05F-5716C3B2049E.jpeg
    7146D87F-0CF7-4410-A05F-5716C3B2049E.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 58
  • B2522A51-1101-4828-840F-2F615FD19CFB.jpeg
    B2522A51-1101-4828-840F-2F615FD19CFB.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 59
I would say red-green-black. Plus, if you don't feel like relabeling you can easily play those chips as cents instead of whole dollars, which some don't like, but it does work here.

I would say red-green-black. Plus, if you don't feel like relabeling you can easily play those chips as cents instead of whole dollars, which some don't like, but it does work here.
This. I actually got my customs with dollars but we play for cents.

Black dollar sounds like a great idea. I am going to put my vote for that. Maybe I should do that????
black dollar was always the plan. just wanted peoples opinions on the frac/nickel choices! i always mentally associate black with high value and as silly as it seems $1 is high value for a chip in our games

If you want to murder:

Black = twist on cali blue $1
Red = cali red 25¢
White = historic Cali 5¢

-or-

Take the existing $5, $25, $100 and play them as ¢.

There's no reason that
i already do this, but if i'm gonna spend money on labels they might as well be the right value
There's no reason your labels have to have a currency sign. If you just put 5, 25, 100 on there you can use 'em with cents, pounds sterling, yen, you name it. Considering that chips are already there to serve as an abstraction of cash, why not just abstract away the currency, too, and leave the chips pure units?

There's no reason that

There's no reason your labels have to have a currency sign. If you just put 5, 25, 100 on there you can use 'em with cents, pounds sterling, yen, you name it. Considering that chips are already there to serve as an abstraction of cash, why not just abstract away the currency, too, and leave the chips pure units?
I like to have currency on cash chips to avoid confusion with tournament chips. Also, for a 5c/10c game, i currently use a non-currency set. the amount of times i bet 100 and someones like ‘what’s that in real money’ is astounding. I see your point but I will go for cents and dollars. It’s easy enough to say cents are pence and dollars are pounds. It also makes the set easy to resell as most people use USD

Oh nice choice, what the chip u using for $20/$25 i will suggest a plaque for $20
At this moment i’m not even thinking about those. The biggest stack we have had is like $30. I’ve never had to give anyone a $5 chip and have barely gone into my bank for the $1s.

At this moment i’m not even thinking about those. The biggest stack we have had is like $30. I’ve never had to give anyone a $5 chip and have barely gone into my bank for the $1s.
Games grow with time. I suggest having atleast a rack of $5s on hand for when that wild night breaks out! Every group is different, but what if you are asked to bring your set to a different game and it plays bigger? Rather have that piece of mind in the case ready to go just in case... just my 2 cents

Games grow with time. I suggest having atleast a rack of $5s on hand for when that wild night breaks out! Every group is different, but what if you are asked to bring your set to a different game and it plays bigger? Rather have that piece of mind in the case ready to go just in case... just my 2 cents
I do fully appreciate your point. Maybe I could go for a $20 but maybe a $10 might be more fitting given our age.

Usually people raise higher and call more loosely at micro stake compare to higher stake examples 10/20c compare to $1/$2

And thus micro stake usually need a bigger bank (in blinds) compare to normal stake

It always good to prepare at least 30 buy in for normal stake and 50 Buy in for mirco Stake

It also be easier to sell as a set with complete denomination in case you want to either move on to better chip or have other priorities in life

If you’ve already committed to black being your $1 then I like the white as your 5c and the red as your 25c. As your game grows you can use the green as your $5.

black dollar was always the plan. just wanted peoples opinions on the frac/nickel choices! i always mentally associate black with high value and as silly as it seems $1 is high value for a chip in our games
Ah, I must have misunderstood your message here. Good luck on your set!

Ah, I must have misunderstood your message here. Good luck on your set!
yeah it's always been my thought process but my mind can easily be changed if anyone has a better suggestion. for example it could become a 5$

LOL at the chippers saying “make sure to get a lot of denoms you’ve never used before because hey, you never know, right?”

we’re all just a bunch of degenerates here
i think it makes sense for the majority. most people here are 30 and up so playing 5c/10c blinds for this age bracket is just a phase. i'm 20 years old so these stakes suit my group since losing £10 means more to us than someone who's older with more money

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom