Vendors' custom chips different from the sample sets? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't realise you actually sent the chips for testing. My bad

Lol that's the whole point. I sent him the chips a full year ago. One brief mention of differing properties and then... nothing. No updates, no courtesy messages, no responses to any PMs I've sent him.

Lol that's the whole point. I sent him the chips a full year ago.
When you're bumping something from so long ago it's probably best to add a brief summary and be clear with your intentions... no one is going to read this jumbled mess of a thread to figure out what you're after. I assumed you were ranting about wanting the test results.

If you just want your chips back ask him to scrap the results and send your chips back... if your PMs are as murky as to what exactly it is you're after as the posts in this thread he likely thinks your primary concern are the test results.

When you're bumping something from so long ago it's probably best to add a brief summary and be clear with your intentions... no one is going to read this jumbled mess of a thread to figure out what you're after. I assumed you were ranting about wanting the test results.

If you just want your chips back ask him to scrap the results and send your chips back... if your PMs are as murky as to what exactly it is you're after as the posts in this thread he likely thinks your primary concern are the test results.

Well, yes... I would like the test results. But the point is NO COMMUNICATION. I've literally sent him almost a dozen PMs over the last year (including 2 in the last week, explicitly requesting him to at least update me) and gotten absolutely zero responses. I've gotten no insight as to what's been going on. I don't know if he's done a lick of the testing, or if he ever will. I can't make an analysis of the situation if the guy won't answer me. He won't respond to PMs, flat out. It's indefensible and I'm honestly amused as to how far some people are reaching to try to find a way to defend it. My PMs aren't "murky" and even if they were there should be at least a courtesy response.

I keep asking the question and have yet to get a response: Are the test results even meaningful after a year? Can I even do anything about it at this point? The answer being yes would then warrant me to say screw it, just send the chips back. But I don't know. I have no idea what is going on. Is no one really seeing the outright rudeness here?

Point is, I'm not sure what questions will be appropriate to ask until I find out where he's at and what the situation is. There's no way for me to know because there's been virtually zero communication. Not sure if I can be any clearer. The atmosphere here surrounding this whole situation makes it seem like courtesy just apparently isn't a thing anymore.

After reading through the start of this thread I really think jbutler and BG over reacted to your post. They had the correct solution which was weigh the chips, but reacted by saying:

you have to know what a serious complaint this is to level against a vendor. People for god knows how long will be able to find this thread and see your complaints and it will reflect poorly on the vendor, very possibly contributing to a loss in sales.

I say that how the vendor solves their client's concern would have a bigger impact on someone's decision to buy their chips.

He also said:
I and many others here have dealt with Gene/ABC for years. I can't ever recall hearing any complaints about the quality of his chips and certainly nothing about full orders not matching the samples.

To this I would say your positive personal experience with a vendor does not make the original poster's concern invalid.

Further more we have
RagahRagah, it's time to put up or shut up. Weigh the fucking chips and prove they are lighter, or apologize for publicly smearing a reputable vendor's product with absolutely zero proof of your claims.

This is absurd as he's looking for help to solve an issue. He didn't come here to bad mouth the vendor. He even said that
The quality is excellent; they're very good chips.
in the original post.

So yes, BG and jbutler know their shit. They have solutions, but reacting to your post in such a toxic way and the amount of support/likes their responses received makes this community look awful.

After reading through the start of this thread I really think jbutler and BG over reacted to your post. They had the correct solution which was weigh the chips, but reacted by saying:

I say that how the vendor solves their client's concern would have a bigger impact on someone's decision to buy their chips.

He also said:

To this I would say your positive personal experience with a vendor does not make the original poster's concern invalid.

Further more we have

This is absurd as he's looking for help to solve an issue. He didn't come here to bad mouth the vendor. He even said that in the original post.

So yes, BG and jbutler know their shit. They have solutions, but reacting to your post in such a toxic way and the amount of support/likes their responses received makes this community look awful.

Thank you. I think I was pretty clear the whole time but people chose to demonize me and overdramaticize my words when I was simply looking for help.

Meanwhile... guess I'm just never gonna hear back from this guy.

I'll also have to side with Ragah - 1 year is extreme. I get it that BG may have put the chips in his chip closet then forgot about them for a bit. Sadly, this thread quickly turned toxic. Every time Ragah said "These chips are excellent" he followed it up with "but...". Anybody with a lick of literary knowledge knows that anytime you use the word "but" (or "however"), you automatically discount anything previous to the "but" and replace it with the seemingly more important phrase that follows.

"You look beautiful honey, but your tits are saggy" - do you think this is a complement or the start of a fight?
"Yes we have free donuts today, but that fat lady took the last 3" - you you think you're getting a free donut now?
"Trips are good, but..." - I wont even finish this sentence, you know you about to be slow-rolled and find out your trips aren't good.

If Ragah only typed "The chips are lighter than expected, but they are excellent", this thread would have taken a very different path. But no. Every single post about a beloved and highly respected vendor was an attack - even if unintentional (see my examples). Ragah built the trolls that attacked him to defend the vendor's rep.

That however does not excuse @BGinGA . Go back into the chip closet and find those chips.
raiders_of_the_lost_ark_warehouse_scen_450.jpg

BGinGA is a nice guy, but if he doesn't like you he can be a dick.

See how that works?

Last edited:
I'll also have to side with Ragah - 1 year is extreme. I get it that BG may have put the chips in his chip closet then forgot about them for a bit. Sadly, this thread quickly turned toxic. Every time Ragah said "These chips are excellent" he followed it up with "but...". Anybody with a lick of literary knowledge knows that anytime you use the word "but" (or "however"), you automatically discount anything previous to the "but" and replace it with the seemingly more important phrase that follows.

"You look beautiful honey, but your tits are saggy" - do you think this is a complement or the start of a fight?
"Yes we have free donuts today, but that fat lady took the last 3" - you you think you're getting a free donut now?
"Trips are good, but..." - I wont even finish this sentence, you know you about to be slow-rolled and find out your trips aren't good.

If Ragah only typed "The chips are lighter than expected, but they are excellent", this thread would have taken a very different path. But no. Every single post about a beloved and highly respected vendor was an attack - even if unintentional (see my examples). Ragah built the trolls that attacked him to defend the vendor's rep.

That however does not excuse @BGinGA . Go back into the chip closet and find those chips.
raiders_of_the_lost_ark_warehouse_scen_450.jpg

BGinGA is a nice guy, but if he doesn't like you he can be a dick.

See how that works?

While I get what your saying I think it was pretty clear what I was saying. Just because a product is excellent doesn't mean it fits the buyer's preferences.

Just because a product is excellent doesn't mean it fits the buyer's preferences.
I think we all see that now, the question, as you asked a bit ago is what difference does it make at this point? BG should send your property back and you should never buy from this vendor again. As to the chips you have in hand, keep them, sell them, whatever. My grandmother used to have a saying when she went some place or ordered something that wasn't up to her expectations: "Well, I guess I ordered/stayed at/saw the wrong thing/place."

I get it, chips are expensive. I bought a car one time that just wasn't quite the same as the one I test drove. Functionally nothing was wrong, it just felt like it handled a little differently. Once you drive that $20,000 object off the lot there's no returning it. It served me well over the 10 years I owned it.

I'm willing to buy the entire set for $0.40/chip. Got a buddy in my poker group named Matt and I'm sure he'd appreciate these chips. (y) :thumbsup:

I think we all see that now, the question, as you asked a bit ago is what difference does it make at this point? BG should send your property back and you should never buy from this vendor again. As to the chips you have in hand, keep them, sell them, whatever. My grandmother used to have a saying when she went some place or ordered something that wasn't up to her expectations: "Well, I guess I ordered/stayed at/saw the wrong thing/place."

I get it, chips are expensive. I bought a car one time that just wasn't quite the same as the one I test drove. Functionally nothing was wrong, it just felt like it handled a little differently. Once you drive that $20,000 object off the lot there's no returning it. It served me well over the 10 years I owned it.

Yeah, which obviously a large part of what is bothering me. If he wasn't going to get to the chips in a time that was beneficial, why bother offering? And if life has been too busy for him to get around to it, why not PM me to let me know OR ANSWER ONE I'VE SENT HIM. But again, he posts here regularly every day so either way he doesn't look too good.

You keep repeating "I think I've been very clear" yet I still don't know what your main gripe is.

Yesterday it sounded like you just wanted your chips back to which I mentioned that is understandable... message him to forget the tests and just return your chips. If that is the case I would side with you only I doubt Dave knows that's what you want.

Today it sounds like your main issue is wanting the test results. If that's the case... dude, let it go. You didn't pay for a service, someone offered to do you a time consuming favor and hasn't gotten around to a result (or changed his mind due to you calling him out as an asshole whenever you randomly bump the thread). He's already told you he'll get to it when he gets to it a couple times, I'm fairly sure you'd just be calling him an asshole in different ways if he responded to every PM you sent with the same statement. I hate repeating myself as well.

You're frustrating yourself by holding out hope for something you don't believe is going to come and won't be helpful even if it does. Do yourself a favor and just ask him for the chips back.

I keep asking the question and have yet to get a response: Are the test results even meaningful after a year? Can I even do anything about it at this point?
As to this I would suggest you've gotten no response because no one knows what you're asking. Whatever questions you are looking for answers on were asked over a year ago... when you bump old threads without starting off with a brief summary how do you expect us to know what these questions in your head are? 99% of us aren't going to start back at the beginning out of curiousity.

Frankly, this is a tad frustrating as I keep getting asked the same questions when I've explained the same things over and over again.

"Just ask for your chips back." Sure, kinda need the person to respond to me before I can get them back.

I guess what I want most is some damn acknowledgement and courtesy. I want the guy to set the record straight or give me a story, explanation or apology. Give me SOMETHING.

Not sure what part of "The guy will not respond to my PMs" is so confusing. My gripes are that the guy was discourteous yet offered to do something for me that was kinda time sensitive, didn't do it and worst of all wouldn't maintain ANY sort of communication and still won't respond. I really don't know why all that isn't obvious, especially since I've explained it numerous times in the last 24 hours alone. I'd say that's plenty more than a summary.

"Hey, sorry, stuff kept coming up and I really couldn't make the time (which would be doubtful), sorry about that." That might have sufficed. Like I said, common courtesy.

Last edited:
Just ask for your chips back." Sure, kinda need the person to respond to you before I can get them back.
This response insinuates you just want your chips back yet the rest of your post flat out says something else. Do you see my use of the word "murky" now? We aren't in your head, we only know what you say and when you aren't clear it can be like figuring out what someone is pointing at.

You need a response before you can send a PM saying "scrap the test, please just return my chips"?

I guess what I want most is some damn acknowledgement and courtesy. I want the guy to set the record straight or give me a story, explanation or apology. Give me SOMETHING.
Yeah, that's entirely a you problem. Learn to let things go and move on.

Actually.... If Dave's had this poor guy's chips for a year, an explanation is in order. If Dave was an unknown, we'd be blacklisting him by now. There is no excuse that I can think of that would warrant a 1 year weighing. Shit, 1 year is too long on milling and relabeling. Nada communicado makes it worse. If Dave wasn't well known, I'd be calling "thief" right now.

Dave needs to 'fess up. His rep is now on the line - with me anyway. "Shit, I forgot" works. Just don't pretend this does not exist (unless he blocked Ragrag, in which case he wouldnt see any of this, or the PMs).

unless he blocked Ragrag, in which case he wouldnt see any of this, or the PMs
Enough other folks have tagged him in this thread he should know something's up. In any event, if I blocked somebody whose property I was holding onto I'd be looking to return that right quick. Depending on my mood and the circumstances I might include a note that says hey I blocked your douche ass because you're more obnoxious than my ex-mother in law ... get someone else to test your damn chips. Or maybe a note that says oops sorry. Or maybe no note at all. But I absolutely wouldn't want to be holding on to them.

This response insinuates you just want your chips back yet the rest of your post flat out says something else. Do you see my use of the word "murky" now? We aren't in your head, we only know what you say and when you aren't clear it can be like figuring out what someone is pointing at.

You need a response before you can send a PM saying "scrap the test, please just return my chips"?

Yeah, that's entirely a you problem. Learn to let things go and move on.

I've entirely explained everything in every post that I've made, yet you keep playing stupid here. You keep claiming I'm not being clear despite the fact I have repeatedly explain the entire situation in every post since I bumped the thread. Stahp.

I've sent him PMS specifically asking update me on the situation, if he gives me an appropriate response or explanation then of course I'm going to ask him to send back the chips. Sending another message would be added to about the 9 in a row (including 2 this week) he hasn't responded to AT ALL. For a year.

You're flat out being dense here or just an outright troll.

Thanks to some of the rest of you for understanding the shadiness of this. If he put me on ignore then obviously that would show it to the nth degree. But if he had legitimately put me on ignore wouldn't I not be able to see his post or respond to him? Ignore options are different on various forums so I'm not sure.

*EDIT* just so everyone's clear and not under the wrong impression, the guy doesn't have my entire set of chips so it's not the biggest deal in the world, but he does have a fair sample size of different denominations and at some point obviously I'm going to need those back.

Last edited:
Well, sent him one last PM (In a new conversation thread, this will be the 3rd) asking him to share any info that might be useful (which I assume not) or send me the chips back. It will be the 7th straight unanswered PM over the last several months (3rd this last week) should he not respond. If he doesn't, not sure what else to do on this forum outside of taking up a mod's offer to PM him for me to try to force a response.

Last edited:
Well... posting an update seeing as at this point I don't expect @BGinGA to respond in any way at this point. After my last (once again ignored) message to him, two mods had both reached out to him on my behalf via PM well over a week ago and were met with no response, as expected. One suggested sending a certified letter to request my chips back, which I did. It was signed for and delivered on Monday. I requested him to contact me immediately, send my chips back and provide me with tracking info in a PM. As of yet, nothing. Granted, it's only Wednesday night and might still contact me or send the chips but I think it looks pretty likely he won't and it would be even more scummy to not provide me the info I requested. At this point, no response to any of the three of us looks pretty damning to me. And he continues to post regularly on the forum through this whole thing, including today. I don't think there's any excuse left for this guy.

If anyone is skeptical I can post pics/proof of this information. Either way I think this situation has gone way too far. I don't expect anyone to be my teacher but as I have never experienced anything like this before, can anyone give me a brief idea of what options I have to go about to obtain my property at this point? I don't want this to get ugly but I guess my hand is about to be forced here if there's anything I can do. And I don't think it would be the best or most courteous to this forum that I start sniping his posts on the forums, so... what to do?

This is so bizarre.

MOD EDIT: The situation has been resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom