Vendor Sale Upcoming Dia de los Muertos Sale! 15% off October 1, 2020 through October 15, 2020 (1 Viewer)

It’s not smudged or smeared or anything, it’s printed crisp, it’s just hard to read because of the busy image it’s on. Just sharing an experience ymmv
Maybe if the lettering would have been more separated and the white outline more pronounced it would have had more contrast?
Thanks for the heads up!

Maybe if the lettering would have been more separated and the white outline more pronounced it would have had more contrast?
Thanks for the heads up!
yes, im sure if the white outrline were larger, it would be easier to read against that background. The trouble is the word is so long that the text needs to be small...and the white outline gets smaller and thinner with it.

Maybe if the text was white or yellow it might pop out better. Or a “text box” that hides the image underneath.

Blaze Orange or Radiant Red!

Haha, you're too much @SteveHNo96 ! Let me know how it goes. As for this vendor, what's the usual timeline? I just gave the ok to have my order printed. Also what type of shipping do they use. I imagine its some type of Fedex?

They're pretty quick. The custom chips take about 10 days to print and they'll give you a tracking number and the tracking number will usually arrive in about 3 or 4 days. IIRC, they ship it using the post office. You really don't have to freak, though, because BRPro/ ABC ceramic chips are tough cookies. They're well packed and they are super durable compared to your monte carlo set.

For me, it arrives a bit faster because the printing company is in Antioch, California and I live in Upland, California, so the chips only have to travel about 400 miles. For you, allow 5-7 days.

Maybe if the text was white or yellow it might pop out better.

I inquired about the text being a different color when It came to my $20 plaque. I wanted the numbers to be a bright green or purple instead of the black and they basically stated the contract with the artist doesn't allow room for anything fun haha

Maybe if the text was white or yellow it might pop out better. Or a “text box” that hides the image underneath.

Blaze Orange or Radiant Red!
When I did some custom text for my bounty chips, I think you could choose between a white or yellow highlight behind the text. Yellow might have helped with that chip you showed. I had mockups done both ways, but it's still not quite the same as seeing it on a printed chip.

Hell, I jumped in. I've always thought these were kind of goofy, but maybe my guests will love them. And I haven't owned any ceramics besides chipcos, so I'm looking forward to checking these out. And for a STT, 320 chips and a dealer button shipped for $208? Can't beat that.

The abc blanks stack like bricks. You will not be disappointed.

Hell, I jumped in. I've always thought these were kind of goofy, but maybe my guests will love them. And I haven't owned any ceramics besides chipcos, so I'm looking forward to checking these out. And for a STT, 320 chips and a dealer button shipped for $208? Can't beat that.

Ceramics get a bad rap here because everyone has their tongues up Paulson's rear ends. But personally I don't really find them goofy, i find them fun and vibrant. The designs are more modern and youthful. I remember before Covid closed it down I was showing my friends at the Kilt in Rancho the designs and Leslie and Tristan absolutely loved those designs.

Once you fall in love with them though, don't be surprised if you opt for a set of 43's as an upgrade. several people on this board went with 39's and then upgraded to 43's because of the last sale. Or you could be like @bdaysenpai and do a 39 for one set (cash/tournament) and 43 for the other.

Also I hope you guys are happy. I added four of those LED name tags to my DDLM order (1 green: -20% discount, a 2-pack of red: -20% discount and 1 blue) and I'll be using them on game nights for jackpot notices.

Last edited:
Actually went with $20 Plaque sense I think I will get a tournament set of this at 39mm depending on how my group receives it
160 green 25
160 black 100
160 Purple 500
100 Yellow semicustom at 1000
And around 25 $5000 brown plaque
20 Semicustom Pink that read "muerto" and used as rebuy chip
If you proceed with the tournament set I recommend having fewer T500 than T1000. The logic is that as long as you have T1000 in your stack you will never ever need to use more than 1 T500 chip per wager. You may need to use up to 4 T1000 per wager though, so more T1000 are needed than T500.

If you proceed with the tournament set I recommend having fewer T500 than T1000. The logic is that as long as you have T1000 in your stack you will never ever need to use more than 1 T500 chip per wager. You may need to use up to 4 T1000 per wager though, so more T1000 are needed than T500.
That actually makes a lot of sense! I was going off a fellow chipper's guide. What count would you do if you were in my shoes?

That actually makes a lot of sense! I was going off a fellow chipper's guide. What count would you do if you were in my shoes?
Not sure exactly what kind of starting stacks you're trying to build. But in a tournament that's using 100's, 500's, and 1,000s, I'd say 4 or 5 500 chips per player is plenty.

I agree with @upNdown.

Since this is a vendor thread I don't want to derail it too much. I want them to still like me when I ask for a large discount for a large purchase in the future. You can PM me with your exact specs on your tourneys if you want, but I will leave you with the most standard PCF approved BGinBA certified T25 base starting stack:

T25: 12
T100: 12
T500: 5
T1000: 6
T5000: X, where e.g. a T10k stack will have X=0

Edit: And color-up using T1000 and/or T5000

Love these chips:

1CE0C98D-A3DC-474A-9996-8C188F5144DF.jpeg

But if you are doing text on the images you should check this out first. The proof looked great but in person only so-so This is 43 mm, all my ddlm are

View attachment 548652

One thing I have noticed about this set after doing many semi-custom orders by now, is that the designs were very carefully thought out in terms of where the stock denominations are placed in relation to each Muertos figure. The designer did a fantastic job of working the denominations into the design in a very particular way, where the stock denominations don't cover up or block a part of the (awesome) Muertos design on each chip. The only downside to that, is that if you try to add a larger denomination (or a word), it can look busy or crowded because there's not always a lot of extra space in the design. For example the pink chip normally is a non-denominational chip, so very little empty space was included on the joker design. Another one I run into issues with is the red $5 chip, there's a pretty small open space for the $5, so when people want, for example, a red $5000 chip, it can look crowded or squished, or I have to size it down pretty small to fit without covering up a large chunk of the figure. Because these were custom drawn for each design, we can't move the figures around either. And as another comment mention, we aren't able to change the text color...really all we are supposed to be changing is the denomination. It's definitely something to think about if you're on the fence about certain semi-custom designs with this set.

One thing I have noticed about this set after doing many semi-custom orders by now, is that the designs were very carefully thought out in terms of where the stock denominations are placed in relation to each Muertos figure. The designer did a fantastic job of working the denominations into the design in a very particular way, where the stock denominations don't cover up or block a part of the (awesome) Muertos design on each chip. The only downside to that, is that if you try to add a larger denomination (or a word), it can look busy or crowded because there's not always a lot of extra space in the design. For example the pink chip normally is a non-denominational chip, so very little empty space was included on the joker design. Another one I run into issues with is the red $5 chip, there's a pretty small open space for the $5, so when people want, for example, a red $5000 chip, it can look crowded or squished, or I have to size it down pretty small to fit without covering up a large chunk of the figure. Because these were custom drawn for each design, we can't move the figures around either. And as another comment mention, we aren't able to change the text color...really all we are supposed to be changing is the denomination. It's definitely something to think about if you're on the fence about certain semi-custom designs with this set.

To anyone who is interested in a semi-custom tourney set, maybe 1K or 5K would work better.

And as another comment mention, we aren't able to change the text color...really all we are supposed to be changing is the denomination.
Have you asked @Puzzlemonkey if you may be allowed just a limited color change to the text? Perhaps he can allow a single backup-color or even just for e.g. a textborder?

just copped a 600 chip set last night for my micros (0.05, 0.25, 1 denoms). Hopefully comes in time for halloween cash game!

You will be fine dude. Gene and Kristil know these chips are good year round but doubly awesome around Halloween time. They should be done by about the 25th and shipped to you.

These are wicked pissa. Great sound, great subtle texture, they stack like crazy and they're a joy to shuffle.
I'm an instant fan of these ceramics.

*having known this since his Wicked Spades order in 2017, I sort of sit back with a smug look*

Next time you order, do the orange chip at $13. You'll really love that. Also opt for 43mm's.

*having known this since his Wicked Spades order in 2017, I sort of sit back with a smug look*

Next time you order, do the orange chip at $13. You'll really love that. Also opt for 43mm's.
I can never tell if you’re trolling

• Haha
Reactions: 72o
just copped a 600 chip set last night for my micros (0.05, 0.25, 1 denoms). Hopefully comes in time for halloween cash game!

Yes we are aiming to get all the sale orders delivered by Halloween (barring any shipping delays which of course are beyond our control). But we will be shipping everything as soon as absolutely possible so that everyone who ordered during the sale has them for Halloween! :)

I can never tell if you’re trolling

Yes, my life goal is to make you get stuck with a bunch of chips you aren't going to use. I plan out nights wondering how to make you personally miserable. (sarcasm meter about to explode)

Why in the hell would I troll you with an idea that is one of the coolest and that I did myself for 35 of my chips? (yes, really.). I tried to match the colors as close as I could to the GPI Monaco chips but the orange $10 became an orange $13 to satiate the Halloween vibe and make the chip cooler looking. Plus a $13 chip really isn't that hard to make change for (two orange = one green ($25) and one blue ($1)). I originally planned to do $13.13, but I figured people didn't want to carry change around so I just made the chip $13 and that took off in popularity. The orange chip works way better with the Halloween vibe, and tbh, they came out better than I had planned.

and no, I'm not trolling you about making the show 'em chips the white ones too. The guy with the oversized mustache looks like a creepy guy or a pervert so him saying "Show 'em" keeps that vibe alive.

There are three things I never troll about: 1) if I like a chip, I will never troll about it. 2) If I like a woman, I won't troll about it, and 3) if I like an artist, I won't troll about it. Actually come to think of it, pretty much anything I like I don't troll about.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom