Vendor Sale Upcoming Dia de los Muertos Sale! 15% off October 1, 2020 through October 15, 2020 (1 Viewer)

I've always liked the Parks and Rec set, though I didn't join the community until after the group buys for it so I only have a sample set. Didn't realize it was sold by BR, only ever used them for Tiki Kings.

When you have your next site wide sale I'll order a 43 mm parks and rec cash set.

Oh boy, well, I'm going to kick myself for doing this but I'm now making this set 800 43mm chips + 100 47mm chips, including bonus chips for high hand and good luck chips for bad beat jackpots. I hope you guys are happy. :)

You won't regret the decision, DDLM are awesome on 43mm!

20200330_153438.jpg

You won't regret the decision, DDLM are awesome on 43mm!

View attachment 546452

My set is currently 600 43's including show 'ems and bounty chips, including the much-revered $13 orange chip.

I'm adding another 240 43's (taking out the 43's show em and bounty) and using 4 of the chips in 47mm for bounty, show 'em, bonus (best hand) and good luck (bad beats).

I’m convinced that 43mm is too big, and being a bit of a purist, 39mm is the way poker chips should be. It’s the ONLY way that I prevent myself from falling into a completely new rabbit hole. The one I’m in is wide and deep enough as it is!
4922F556-494B-450B-A582-EF713DA7B408.gif

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/39mm-vs-43mm.53954/

I had the same issue when I bought my first 600 chips. Here are my takeaways since.

The 39's are nice. They fit in anything and look snazzy. Most traditional designs such as the Lady Luck Caruthersville and what not look good enough as 39mm fare. My Wicked Spades are 39mm and they are pretty cool as is.

I know people say that they sell 43mm birdcages. Yes they do, but they are hard to find. This is one reason (Not the only, but one reason) why Matsui racks are popular.

The 43mm chips have a little more wow/pop factor for the cost. It costs more but it is a nicer chip overall. Storage is a minor issue. You cannot put 43's in a mahogany case for example or a birdcage, you need to either buy 43mm racks like Bud Jones and get an Apache case or get Matsui racks which are really cool because they literally can hold 39mm or 43mm chips.

Several of the boardies here bought 39mm when DDLM came out and jumped to 43mm the last time Gene offered 15% off and it isn't hard to see why.

Last edited:
@SteveHNo96 You have literally convinced me with that stupid orange 13 chip and I am hopefully putting in an order soon. My goal is to get:

25c - Yellow x 100
$1 - Blue x 100
$5 - Red x 280
$13 - Orange x 20 (yes i asked nicely)
Total ___________ > = 500

x10 - White > "muéstralas" / 'show em' chips in 47mm x10. (hopefully this is possible sense it falls below the min amount) (if not maybe we can split it steve lmao)
x1 - Stock Delear button in 60mm
x12 Plaques - So I can custom the amount. I think I'll do brown at $50. (or should I do at $20/25 since the $13 Orange are more of a novelty?)

My goal is maybe next year or during the next sale also buy 5c in Pink and $2 in Purple and some $500 Plaques in gold ( or $100 if I decide to go lower denomination on the brown plaques.)

Still don't know if I should go with dollar/cent signs or not. Please guide me, I play with children and the $$$ on their face could be a huge distraction. But I'm not sure if the chips will look awkward without the $$ sign.

@BR Pro Poker
Please let me know if you've got my messages I'm new to the site and not really sure if I'm doing anything right.

x10 - White > "muéstralas" / 'show em' chips in 47mm x10. (hopefully this is possible sense it falls below the min amount)
I believe you may need a minimum of 25, possibly even a little less but that may be an exception to the rule. With that said, I'd be interested in 15 of them if you want to entertain that idea!

We can work out the details in PM.

I believe you may need a minimum of 25, possibly even a little less but that may be an exception to the rule. With that said, I'd be interested in 15 of them if you want to entertain that idea!

We can work out the details in PM.
Ill send PM once the proof is in! Should be tomorrow

@SteveHNo96 You have literally convinced me with that stupid orange 13 chip and I am hopefully putting in an order soon. My goal is to get:

25c - Yellow x 100
$1 - Blue x 100
$5 - Red x 280
$13 - Orange x 20 (yes i asked nicely)
Total ___________ > = 500

x10 - White > "muéstralas" / 'show em' chips in 47mm x10. (hopefully this is possible sense it falls below the min amount) (if not maybe we can split it steve lmao)
x1 - Stock Delear button in 60mm
x12 Plaques - So I can custom the amount. I think I'll do brown at $50. (or should I do at $20/25 since the $13 Orange are more of a novelty?)

My goal is maybe next year or during the next sale also buy 5c in Pink and $2 in Purple and some $500 Plaques in gold ( or $100 if I decide to go lower denomination on the brown plaques.)

Still don't know if I should go with dollar/cent signs or not. Please guide me, I play with children and the $$$ on their face could be a huge distraction. But I'm not sure if the chips will look awkward without the $$ sign.

@BR Pro Poker
Please let me know if you've got my messages I'm new to the site and not really sure if I'm doing anything right.

I'm placing an order for 20 of my own, if you want, I'll do 30 and just ship you 10. :) I do like that muéstralas, however, and may use it on one side. That's an idea.

Also muahahahaha. Orange $13 chips are awesome! I have 35 of my own and they're not that hard to make change for if you have a 25 chip with it. :)

My recommendation with that set, if you're going to actually use the $13 chips, put the plaque in for $50 (or $52, since that's 4 13's)

You just gave me a great idea. I just gotta figure out what "bounty" and "best hand" or "bonus" are in Spanish now. (Basically I'm going to do two sides for my 47s, one will have the word in Spanish and the other one will be in English) I'll get you your ten, don't worry.

Last edited:
I think I may take out the "Big Spender" for the $64 chip, then print.
Hinckley_BRProDDLM_10-5-20.jpg

also if you're wondering where the $13 chips are, I've already got 35 of them, I do not need more.

Last edited:
You just gave me a great idea. I just gotta figure out what "bounty" and "best hand" or "bonus" are in Spanish now. (Basically I'm going to do two sides for my 47s, one will have the word in Spanish and the other one will be in English) I'll get you your ten, don't worry.

So, this has taken a while to think about.

The truth is that there are several words that could fit into what you want.

Spanish is spoken across many countries, many of which think their dialect is better than the other; deeming colloquialism outside their culture inferior.
Therefore I think you won't go wrong with using the exact transalation of each word, how ever I will write some more words with some explanation.
_______
Bounty
recompensa the most literal translation and means reward
Se Busca means wanted and its more likely to see that in old west movies in spanish than "recompensa"
levantón this is the most slang term. A really popular term in the Narco-culture of Mexico. it refers to a kidnapping that will ask for no ransom and the victim is usually killed for owing a lot of money or drugs. Rarely used as only a scare tactic. Probably not the term you are looking for since the people who are usually levantones are low-ranking enemy-cartel-members
>
High Roller
Gran Apostador- the literal transalation. This term will never be used anywhere.
derrochón Most likely term to be used. Its a term most popular in Spain since the America's gambling culture isn't as big as it is in Europe.
>
Best Hand
Los Nuts - Yup The nuts.
>
Bonus
Bonus - yup its the same.
______
Sorry about this taking a while.
Spanish is like on steroids when it comes to connotations of words. You might even find some people that will strongly disagree on the best terms to use

So, this has taken a while to think about.

The truth is that there are several words that could fit into what you want.

Spanish is spoken across many countries, many of which think their dialect is better than the other; deeming colloquialism outside their culture inferior.
Therefore I think you won't go wrong with using the exact transalation of each word, how ever I will write some more words with some explanation.
_______
Bounty
recompensa the most literal translation and means reward
Se Busca means wanted and its more likely to see that in old west movies in spanish than "recompensa"
levantón this is the most slang term. A really popular term in the Narco-culture of Mexico. it refers to a kidnapping that will ask for no ransom and the victim is usually killed for owing a lot of money or drugs. Rarely used as only a scare tactic. Probably not the term you are looking for since the people who are usually levantones are low-ranking enemy-cartel-members
>
High Roller
Gran Apostador- the literal transalation. This term will never be used anywhere.
derrochón Most likely term to be used. Its a term most popular in Spain since the America's gambling culture isn't as big as it is in Europe.
>
Best Hand
Los Nuts - Yup The nuts.
>
Bonus
Bonus - yup its the same.
______
Sorry about this taking a while.
Spanish is like on steroids when it comes to connotations of words. You might even find some people that will strongly disagree on the best terms to use

I'm going to keep recompensa for the flip side of bounty, and I'm keeping muéstralas on the flip side of "show 'em". Once I take out the flip side of bonus I'm going to print.

Hinckley_BRProDDLM_10-5-20 (1).jpg
Hinckley_BRProDDLM_10-5-20 (1).jpg

P.S. I'm going to get upset with everyone for this but now I have THE ULTIMATE set:

43mm chips (740)

140 -- pink (5c)
100 -- yellow (25c)
100 -- purple (50c)
180 -- blue ($1)
100 -- red ($5)
40 -- white ($7)
35 -- orange ($13)
25 -- green ($25)
20 -- black ($64)
12 -- brown plaques ($100)
(the yellow plaques will not be used at this time, I may do them later if I feel like them)

the 5's and 7's will be pretty much interchangeable. Anything over the $7 will be a high-value chip. I could see the 13's being used but not much over that.

The other 60 are placeholders and a hybrid of "Activo!/Muerto!" for tournament plays.

47mm chips (100)

20 -- bounty (black)
20 -- show 'em (white)
40 -- bonus (pink)
20 -- (purple) caption "¡Buena suerte!" (777)

These are simply for bounties, show 'em, high hand and bad beats.

I seriously hope all of you are happy because this is way more than I ever planned to invest in a DDLM set. :)

That is an amazingly huge set! I am only doing 500 chips and 12 plaques(maybe). Just got my proofs and the chips look amazing! (not convinced on the plaques yet; too plain I think) As everyone recommended to do, I went with 43MM instead of the usual 39MM.

P.S. I'm going to get upset with everyone for this but now I have THE ULTIMATE set:

43mm chips (740)

140 -- pink (5c)
100 -- yellow (25c)
100 -- purple (50c)
180 -- blue ($1)
100 -- red ($5)
40 -- white ($7)
35 -- orange ($13)
25 -- green ($25)
20 -- black ($64)
12 -- brown plaques ($100)
(the yellow plaques will not be used at this time, I may do them later if I feel like them)

the 5's and 7's will be pretty much interchangeable. Anything over the $7 will be a high-value chip. I could see the 13's being used but not much over that.

The other 60 are placeholders and a hybrid of "Activo!/Muerto!" for tournament plays.

47mm chips (100)

20 -- bounty (black)
20 -- show 'em (white)
40 -- bonus (pink)
20 -- (purple) caption "¡Buena suerte!" (777)

These are simply for bounties, show 'em, high hand and bad beats.

I seriously hope all of you are happy because this is way more than I ever planned to invest in a DDLM set. :)

Quick someone bequeath me a bunch of money so I can get this same exact set up :jawdrop:

Alright the proof are in!

The final count I decided to go with:

5c - Pink Chip in 43mm x 100
25c - Yellow Chip in 43mm x 200
$1 - Blue Chip in 43mm x 100
$5 - Red Chip in 43mm x 80
$13 - Orange Chip in 43mm x 20
-----Total 43mm Fully custom Chips -> = 500
$25 - Brown Semi-Custom Muertos Plaque x12
------Total Plaque -> = 12

Proof 1 (2)_LI.jpg
Plaque proof (2).jpg

$25 - Brown Semi-Custom Muertos Plaque x12
------Total Plaque -> = 12

Actually went with $20 Plaque sense I think I will get a tournament set of this at 39mm depending on how my group receives it
160 green 25
160 black 100
160 Purple 500
100 Yellow semicustom at 1000
And around 25 $5000 brown plaque
20 Semicustom Pink that read "muerto" and used as rebuy chip

@SteveHNo96 For tourney I would also recommend getting the denominations with no $ sign and all on the same spot aswell; low and center (like the orange chip).

Edit: And the chips in that order just tell a beautiful story I think it's worth having them twice.

Here's what I was thinking:

No matter how I do the bad beat, it's going to take a few times before it's hit so I was going to get some LED name tags and put the amount of the jackpot on there so the poker people know how much it would be hit for, and they're only about $18 apiece, so that might be worth a buy. (They have cheaper ones but come with software and my laptop has no CD player)

EDIT: Found a good one on Amazon, it's green (the green was the cheapest and had a 20% coupon on Amazon) so I can try it and if I like it, I can buy the blue and the red (the red has a retro 1980s vibe to it and blue is my favorite color). Basically I'll be using those to indicate bad beat jackpots when I play. :)

Also yeah. I probably will do the 39's that way. I'm not in a rush to do a second tournament set right now BUT I do admit I think the tournament set would work and I can use my leftover 43's for show em and bounty.

Last edited:
Haha, you're too much @SteveHNo96 ! Let me know how it goes. As for this vendor, what's the usual timeline? I just gave the ok to have my order printed. Also what type of shipping do they use. I imagine its some type of Fedex?

But if you are doing text on the images you should check this out first. The proof looked great but in person only so-so This is 43 mm, all my ddlm are

1592CB07-9998-4127-B3A7-7B8A9A40DC05.jpeg

Can you post your proofs? I do see the lettering on that chip not being the best

Edit: would you say in person its "smudgy" or "pixelated"?

It’s not smudged or smeared or anything, it’s printed crisp, it’s just hard to read because of the busy image it’s on. Just sharing an experience ymmv

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom