Ultrasonic Chip Cleaning (2 Viewers)

Do you have extras you can test with?
yes. Looking at the chips and thinking more about it, I don't think an US is necessary for these. They dont have the typical hooker juice. They are just old and faded. Maybe a little hand cleaning and oiling will be all they need.

Shame to waste the boss US I have, but I don't think it fits the bill.

My post back in December of last year (2020) had moderate success. Sure wasn't as good as TSP (or Fake TSP) with Paulsons.

I was glad for the info, thank you! I'm not worried about Paulsons because I know they are safe with what we've used. I worry the most with CPC/ASM because I've never gotten consistently safe results.

I was glad for the info, thank you! I'm not worried about Paulsons because I know they are safe with what we've used. I worry the most with CPC/ASM because I've never gotten consistently safe results.
I am now wondering with the bit of success some had with Dawn, and the HSI secondary snappers with the yellow film, if that would work on the ASM’s. Maybe the same as the simple green?

I am now wondering with the bit of success some had with Dawn, and the HSI secondary snappers with the yellow film, if that would work on the ASM’s. Maybe the same as the simple green?
Very early in the history of this thread, ski_ex tried using dawn and mentioned that it generated a lot of suds. He suggested someone follow up with a detergent (like Dawn) and an "anti-sud" agent. I bought some of this at a pool supply store. Never attempted it. Several years later (this past December) I tried the Simple Green method.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/ultrasonic-chip-cleaning.1691/post-26429

Last edited:
Can someone please help me? I ran out of the powder TSP and my store is out but I had bought this liquid stuff a long time ago, so I may as well use it.

I used the formula in the OP (2 Tbsp of TSP powder). But for the life of me i cant figure out how much of this stuff i should use. To be honest, i didn't try, I'm being lazy. I was hoping someone else had already figured it out.

Any help is appreciated.

20210402_155855.jpg
20210402_155904.jpg

I scrub my chips with Dawn and it works pretty nice I want to get an ultrasonic I need to go back and read all of this but I want to use stuff if I can that wont harm my skin I dont want to have to put on a hazmat suit to clean my chips lol

I have some of the powdered stuff (the blue box) which says to mix with water at 1:20 by volume for household use, 1:10 for heavy-duty, and 1:4 for ultra-heavy-duty.

OP says to mix 2 tablespoons with 8 cups of water (total) which is 1:10 so I guess this is heavy-duty strength. Makes sense. 2 tablespoons = 1/8 cup, so that is 1:64 powder-to-water. But it doesn't really matter since we don't really care what the absolute ratio is -- we only care how to get that with the liquid.

The use-cases on the liquid stuff don't quite line up with the use-cases on the powder, in terms of what's considered heavy-duty or ultra-heavy-duty or whatever, but they range from 250 mL in 4 L (1:16) to using it straight, i.e. 1:1.

If we assume 1:1 liquid is the same strength as powder mixed at 1:4, then you need 4x as much liquid for the same volume of water. In other words, if you need 2 tablespoons of powder for 8 cups of water, then to get the same strength you need 8 tablespoons of liquid = 1/2 cup.

Last edited:
I have some of the powdered stuff (the blue box) which says to mix with water at 1:20 by volume for household use, 1:10 for heavy-duty, and 1:4 for ultra-heavy-duty.

OP says to mix 2 tablespoons with 8 cups of water (total) which is 1:10 so I guess this is heavy-duty strength. Makes sense. (2 tablespoons = 1/8 cup)

The use-cases on the liquid stuff don't quite line up with the use-cases on the powder, in terms of what's considered heavy-duty or ultra-heavy-duty or whatever, but they range from 250 mL in 4 L (1:16) to using it straight, i.e. 1:1.

If we assume 1:1 liquid is the same strength as powder mixed at 1:4, then you need 4x as much liquid for the same volume of water. In other words, if you need 2 tablespoons of powder for 8 cups of water, then to get the same strength you need 8 tablespoons of liquid = 1/2 cup.
Thank you for doing all the math. Is 2 Tbsp into 8 cups really 1:10? 8 cups is 128 Tbsp, so 2 Tbsp into 128 Tbsp is 1:64 isnt it? That is partly what messed me up, what am I missing?

I think the last paragraph still covers it for me.

I just tried the chip cage for the first time and it was incredible for the Jacks I just got in.

I have a question however... I have 2 racks of Lady Luck $1s that have some brown discoloration and some spots on the edges that I cant seem to clean off. What would be the best way to loosen up that gunk? It doesnt look like regular hooker juice that just sloughs off in the ultrasonic, its mostly a brown fade on the chips.

Do I have to risk fading the edge spots and soak them in Oxi Clean before throwing them in the chip cage again?

I just tried the chip cage for the first time and it was incredible for the Jacks I just got in.

I have a question however... I have 2 racks of Lady Luck $1s that have some brown discoloration and some spots on the edges that I cant seem to clean off. What would be the best way to loosen up that gunk? It doesnt look like regular hooker juice that just sloughs off in the ultrasonic, its mostly a brown fade on the chips.

Do I have to risk fading the edge spots and soak them in Oxi Clean before throwing them in the chip cage again?
Did you try scrubbing them with a brush and Dawn dish liquid in warm water?

Has anyone tried oxi clean in the ultrasonic? If so what were the results.

Has anyone tried oxi clean in the ultrasonic? If so what were the results.
I haven't tried, but I believe I have read that Oxi is a big no-no for certain chips. I think ASM and CPC should NOT be cleaned with Oxi. But I do think some have used it successfully on some Paulsons. DO NOT take my word for it though.

Magic eraser? Keep it wet with a lot of dawn.
So wait, I use the magic eraser with the Dawn? I tried cleaning a few chips the other night and was a bit disappointed. I soaked in warm Dawn bath, did a little soft toothbrushing, then rinsed and THEN used the magic eraser. I thought the magic eraser was a stand alone cleaning product. I'll try again tonight with both Dawn and magic eraser together. Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom