Ultrasonic Chip Cleaning (7 Viewers)

Excited to try this out on my new chips, I still need to gather all the stuff to make it happen. My only concern is doing this safely, does anyone have videos of themselves or others following this process correctly?

Cleaned and oiled the latest batch. Recently sold 950 of these, and recently acquired about 1330 of them. Despite my latest intentions, my collection is determined to keep growing!

DSC_0008.JPG

I need to try my ultrasonic just scared I will fuck somethin up lol esp with that TSP stuff hand cleaning cannot take place anymore for me my wrists are hit

Agreed with @toothpic ... The fake TSP by Red devil will not harm Paulsons. It'll just make them a little thirsty for oil when they're done.

Some people have reported good results with simple green, but I haven't gotten the same results out of mine. So I'm back in the Red Devil camp

Holy crap this is so much faster. Finally broke down and bought an ultrasonic for the majestic star chips (I got 1200 chips). I just cleaned them all in an hour and a half. Agitated with a plastic spoon in the metal basket, 2 tablespoons from a $4 box of tsp from home depot, 100 chips per cycle, 1.5 minutes on. I'm sold.

Little fading on 2 of the purple $500 chips.

FYI, I’ve had good luck cleaning the Majestic Star Paulsons with Krud Kutter. I dilute 20:1 into my cleaner, the dirt just boils off in the ultrasonics. I didn’t have Lundmark TSP available locally. Krud Kutter is also sodium metasilicate based.

bmHCtO6.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting, with the Krud Kutter. I'm always concerned with discoloration, sounds like that is GTG.

Did another weekend of cleaning on these Nevada Hotel 5s. Gunk was kind of hard to get off so the salad spinner was ditched and instead I did a batch of 14 chips at a time in the basket and would use a sonicare toothbrush to scrub the chips afterwards with some magic eraser as needed.

26587513-775C-418C-9376-9152EFC87FF1.jpeg

36500E71-EEE0-4FB7-9683-E7B0B42724C2.jpeg

2D411EE4-E1BF-41E7-8ADE-3ADDF2B3D9E7.jpeg

809ADD94-B894-4CE0-B6DC-271093CB39FD.jpeg

3DA3A712-7324-4303-9AF7-A40BE3BBFE61.jpeg

I really need to try my ultrasonic cleaner I keep hand cleaning & my hands hurt so bad
You’ll never look back once you do. It helps loosen the hard stuck gunk and gets off some of the easier stuff. Best results are always with a light scrub but the effort needed after a quick ultrasonic is reduced dramatically.

Ultra changes the chips. You need @Ben8257 recipe for soaking. Then there’s almost zero effort cleaning and no fade and no rough chip left after ultra.
Ive been cleaning some dirty used HSI Primary $1s I soak them in 80% OxiClean Laundry Detergent 20% water soak for like 30mins then just scrub them with a toothbrush and dawn dish soap but after cleaning like a 100 chips at a time my fingers and wrists start to hurt like crazy after a couple days my fingers are like 1.5x the size lol its def not cool haha

I'm not at my home game tonight, otherwise I'd have my own chips. These ones are awful, I'm trying to convince the owner to upgrade
Just tell them to atleast get some Showdown 13.5gram chips or somethin thats what I did with the new league I play in they use dice chips I said for $200 u can get 1,000pc showdowns not great but way better then dice

Anybody have good soaking methods ? My hands and wrists are killing me cleaning these chips lol again I soak in 80% arm n hammer oxy laundry detergent 20% water for like 20-30 mins then hand scrub with a dental brush semi hard bristles

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom