Two tables, two different chip sets? (1 Viewer)

jamesjkim

Straight
Reaction score
Has anyone run two tables with two different chip sets of same denominations? I don't have a set large enough to support two and was thinking of exchanging to the same chip set once it comes down to one table. Thoughts/suggestions?

Okay, that's what I was thinking. What about for tourney, necessary to have two banks?

It definitely works. I don't think you even have to have have 2 banks. The only problem I see is when you consolidate tables you might not have enough chips of 1 set. (The people who stay are likely to have all the $$$)

What about for tourney, necessary to have two banks?

No, but it can get messy for a two-table tournament as people bust out and other players have to move to balance tables.

Better off just mixing the two sets at that point, instead of exchanging chips, and do all color-ups using chips from just one set.

It definitely works. I don't think you even have to have have 2 banks. The only problem I see is when you consolidate tables you might not have enough chips of 1 set. (The people who stay are likely to have all the $$$)
Yeah for sure. I think I have a large enough bank where those that have all the $ would get colored up.

No, but it can get messy for a two-table tournament as people bust out and other players have to move to balance tables.

Better off just mixing the two sets at that point, instead of exchanging chips, and do all color-ups using chips from just one set.
I didn't consider the rebalancing of tables as people go bust - good call. So it sounds like mixing the sets is probably easiest until the time comes to color-up at which point I would exchange to just one set as much as possible.

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

It is in you're best interest to have 2 different sets with no mixing IF you're gonna have a tournament going on 1 table & a cash game on the other.

Totally agree on this! I've heard the unfortunate security issues with having the same set across both.
This can cause a major issue. 100% agree to not mix tourney and cash chips. Even amongst "friends" I have witnessed issues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom