Turbo Ceramic Chips (1 Viewer)

tmham

Pair
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone has the "Turbo" ceramic chips from thepokerstore.com
https://www.thepokerstore.com/collections/turbo-ceramic-10-gram-poker-chips
turboall_1024x1024.jpg

They look unique and I am thinking of buying a set of 500. How do they compare with chipco (or are they chipcos)? Any info on these would be great!

I have only samples. Buy samples!

These are typical of every ceramic I have seen thus far. One advantage of this design is that the edge spots do not need to align with the art on the chip face. They are brightly colored. The photo is accurate in that regard. I like the simple design. They handle well.

Yeah, these are EPT knockoffs. I originally saw them through factory direct vendors in China looking like these below. Hadn't seen any other vendors offering them until now!

1662501571946.png

I really like the design and almost ordered a full set for my first tournament set before deciding to design my own. The samples I got are great and I use them as shufflers on my desk now. :)

Great, thanks for sharing what you folks know, that is very helpful! Shipping a sample over to my location would be quite a hassle so I think I'll take a leap of faith here!

oh right. These are probably made in China. You might find a source closer to Singapore. I see many chips that pokerstore offers listed on alibaba.

BTW, I've never done a transaction on alibaba. I'm not vouching for any vendor there.

I recently bought a set of 1000 turbo chips to use for tournaments and I like them a lot! I love the bright colors. Each denomination stands out from the next, even under different or low lighting. I purchased mine from ThePokerStore.com. I did get mine before they added the new denominations recently. I have a T25 based tournament set. I may pick up a few 25000 chips in the future to add on to my set but right now I have more than enough for any tournament we may run.
20220804_141941.jpg
20220806_212332.jpg
20220818_205601.jpg

I recently bought a set of 1000 turbo chips to use for tournaments and I like them a lot! I love the bright colors. Each denomination stands out from the next, even under different or low lighting. I purchased mine from ThePokerStore.com. I did get mine before they added the new denominations recently. I have a T25 based tournament set. I may pick up a few 25000 chips in the future to add on to my set but right now I have more than enough for any tournament we may run. View attachment 983473View attachment 983474View attachment 983475
thanks for sharing this, they do look great up close! Can't wait get my own set. I should be getting a set for 1/2, 2/5 cash games.

oh right. These are probably made in China. You might find a source closer to Singapore. I see many chips that pokerstore offers listed on alibaba.

BTW, I've never done a transaction on alibaba. I'm not vouching for any vendor there.
Thanks for the suggestion, I think alibaba would be great but usually, the MOQ is about 1000 hmmmmm.. maybe a group buy is the way to go

thanks for sharing this, they do look great up close! Can't wait get my own set. I should be getting a set for 1/2, 2/5 cash games.
Thanks for the post. I was thinking of getting a set for at most a 2 table tourney. 8 per table but I am struggling trying to figure out what to buy. Any suggestions on denom and qty? Will be 25/50 blinds to start.

I purchased a set of 1000 chips.

250 - 25's
250 - 100's
175 - 500's
200 - 1000's
100 - 5000's
25 - 10000's (Would have been 25000's if they were available when I purchased mine.)

I wanted to get enough for 2 tables with plenty of rebuys or even 3 tables if we ever needed that many. Before these we were using old dice chips for tournaments so these were a huge upgrade for us! I am very happy with the purchase and would recommend them to anyone with a similar budget as us.

I am not the best or most seasoned at determining the number of chips to purchase but I followed the advise of Chris Manzoni on his YouTube channel. He has a few great videos for anyone who is starting out hosting home games and tournaments!

I bought a sample set of these. They're pretty nice. Not as "slippery" as the BRPro ceramics. The only thing I don't like about them is the white lettering on the 1000 is tough to read against the yellow chip.

I bought a sample set of these. They're pretty nice. Not as "slippery" as the BRPro ceramics. The only thing I don't like about them is the white lettering on the 1000 is tough to read against the yellow chip.
BRProPoker uses two different blanks for their chips. The smooth is likely what you describe as slippery, but to me it’s like fine sandpaper.
The other blank they have is textured, which they use on their Nevada Jacks Skulls and Desert Sands chips.
Their textured ceramics look very similar to the textured Turbo chips shown.

I do like how bright each of the colors are and how much they stand out from each other but I do agree that the yellow chips are just a bit harder to read with the white lettering. But overall I have been very happy with this set!

I recently bought a set of 1000 turbo chips to use for tournaments and I like them a lot! I love the bright colors. Each denomination stands out from the next, even under different or low lighting. I purchased mine from ThePokerStore.com. I did get mine before they added the new denominations recently. I have a T25 based tournament set. I may pick up a few 25000 chips in the future to add on to my set but right now I have more than enough for any tournament we may run. View attachment 983473View attachment 983474View attachment 983475
I know I'm a little late but can I ask where you got that dope looking chip case??

Sorry to bump this old thread but I came across these turbo chips and they seem like a good price for the quality of chip. Did you end up purchasing them?

Yes I did purchase enough for a 3 table tournament set. (1000 chips) They have worked out well for our group. I bought a T25 base set. Since the time of my purchase ThePokerStore.com has come out with more denominations. I was recently thinking about adding on to my set with some 25000 chips for when we may have larger tournaments and lots of rebuys. I would recommend picking up a sample set. These chips were just right for our budget when we purchased them. The quality is great for ceramics in my opinion. They have some texture to them and feel nice.

The orange is a 4800 and I have 1000 but can fit 1200 in the configuration that I cut the foam out. The black case is a 3800 and I have 800 in that case. I think I have heard that people have been able to fit 1000 into a 3800 if you remove most or all of the foam. I have room for cards and dealer buttons in both my cases as well.

20220818_205716.jpg

I just received a sample of Turbo Ceramics from The Poker Store. They have a nice texture, they are bright which I love. I do not have a scale but they do not feel like the advertised 10g. In my opinion they are closer to a CPC chip (around 8.5g or 9g on a good day) They also seem thinner than BRPoker Pro ceramics. It might just be me, I do not have any BRPoker Pro ceramics to compare them to anymore. Anybody agree or disagree or have more insight?

I just received a sample of Turbo Ceramics from The Poker Store. They have a nice texture, they are bright which I love. I do not have a scale but they do not feel like the advertised 10g. In my opinion they are closer to a CPC chip (around 8.5g or 9g on a good day) They also seem thinner than BRPoker Pro ceramics. It might just be me, I do not have any BRPoker Pro ceramics to compare them to anymore. Anybody agree or disagree or have more insight?
How many sample chips do you have? They should be fairly close...maybe take the amount you have, and compare the stack height to an equal number of other types of chips? It should give you a ballpark.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom