Trying to pick a fractional color (1 Viewer)

crussader

Flush
Reaction score
I am looking to get some quarter chips to use with my cash sets. I have 3 cash sets that I want to use them with.

1) PNYs - white $1, red $5, yellow $20
2) Majestics - white $1, red $5, green $25
3) CPCs - blue $1, red $5, green $25

I am trying to pick a CPC color that would ideally work well with all three sets, but would at a minimum work well for the PNYs and CPCs.

What color would you pick for the frac?

I am looking to get some quarter chips to use with my cash sets. I have 3 cash sets that I want to use them with.

1) PNYs - white $1, red $5, yellow $20
2) Majestics - white $1, red $5, green $25
3) CPCs - blue $1, red $5, green $25

I am trying to pick a CPC color that would ideally work well with all three sets, but would at a minimum work well for the PNYs and CPCs.

What color would you pick for the frac?

1) PNYs - white $1, red $5, yellow $20 - Blue .25
2) Majestics - white $1, red $5, green $25 - Blue .25
3) CPCs - blue $1, red $5, green $25 - Brown/Beige (the other $1 cash chip) or lavender.

pink, butterscotch, or lavender. Those were popular for the jockey mold fracs. Pic gratuitously added.
HotStamp_fracs_pron.jpg

Currently working on a similar project.
But that are just the first replicas of former customs with some photos of my last ny trip.
Prefer the solid as a 5cent chip and the third from the left as a quarter. 20$ and 1k is just fun.

set_1.png

Last edited:
I was thinking maybe Gray or Butterscotch or one of the pink colors (I haven't seen the pink CPC colors up close, though). That pink Silver Shoe chip in the post above is awesome. (Is that day-glo pink?)

^^ This. Or charcoal with dg pink or tiger spots.

I was thinking maybe Gray or Butterscotch or one of the pink colors (I haven't seen the pink CPC colors up close, though). That pink Silver Shoe chip in the post above is awesome. (Is that day-glo pink?)

Yep, that’s DG Pink

Whenever I ask a question on the forum, it seems that I always forget something pertinent in my rush to get the conversation started. And I have done it again. I forgot to mention that I am limited to a hot-stamped solid for this selection. I wont go into all the reasons why, but I have no flexibility on that. Sorry for the omission.

I'd have suggested my personal favorite blue, but that clashes with your blue $1.

That would have been my first choice as well. The CPC set was originally envisioned to have a white dollar and would have made it possible, but things happen and you wind up going in a different direction.

This would also be high on my list except for one issue. When using my PNY set in a game with fracs, I really want to use those $20s as the top end chip instead of the $25s. I never get a chance to use them in my 1/2 games.

Lots of votes for pink. I am currently leaning pretty heavy in that direction. However, I am thinking maybe off-pink; as in retro lavender.

pink, butterscotch, or lavender. Those were popular for the jockey mold fracs.

I noticed that and thought about the regular lavender, but I think I need a little more contrast between the quarter and the blue dollar.

Two votes for charcoal and one for medium grey.

I like the idea of a grey quarter. I am bit afraid to put charcoal against the blue. Grey is high on the list of contenders, but I prefer silver foil to gold and am afraid there might be a lack of contrast issue with that as well. Anybody seen a silver stamp on CPC grey?

I am seriously considering butterscotch and light chocolate as well. However, what I think I like about them is that they are somewhat close to light beige, which I think would be an awesome color if it were available.

Also in the pinkish end of the spectrum without being pure pink is peach (actually arc yellow as it seems to be more peach than yellow). Anybody like peach?

Maybe my interest in this option is just another attempt at getting close to beige. I don't know.

I see that black foil is available. That would make a grey quarter viable. Has anyone seen a black foil hot stamp?

I see that black foil is available. That would make a grey quarter viable. Has anyone seen a black foil hot stamp?

hscolors.jpg

Source: CPC website.

I have this sample set, and I'm not really fond of the black foil (neither red, blue and green). The gold on the gray chip in this set is fairly well readable because of its reflectiveness; I think even the silver foil (from the black chip) would still somewhat work on the gray chip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom