Tough spot with AA UTG (1 Viewer)

Honestly, if I was HU with Sicko, I likely would have reraised on the flop, but with V1 in the hand, there certainly was the possibility of a set, or a flush draw or a combo draw and he wouldn't go away.

Let's finish this one out.

Hand #168445-141 - 2021-02-06 03:06:22
Game: NL Hold'em ($50 - 300) - Blinds 0.50/1
Site: Club 875 Poker Room
Table: Worm's Game #2 (NLHE)
SB (120)
SB(149.25)
Hero (542.50)
Villain 1 (127.50)
UTG2 (249.75)
MP (313.25)
MP1 (326)
Villain 2 (300)
CO (211.50)
BTN (120)

I have :ac::ah:. I open to $4, which is pretty standard for me. V1 calls, MP calls, V2 calls, BB completes.

Pot $20.50

Flop :6d::2s::4d:

BB checks.

Figuring to be way ahead of most field callers, hero chooses to bet 1/2 pot, $10.25.

V1 calls, V2 raises to $44.25. BB folds.

Hero calls, V1 calls. Pot $153.25.

Turn :9d:

Hero checks. V1 checks.

V2 bets $76. Hero can't see how he's ahead of both villains, so hero folds.

V1 shoves his last $3.25 over the top and V2 calls.

V1 shows :tc::th:
V2 shows :5c::8c:for a turned double gutter.

River blanks, and V1 (@Marhault) takes down the $310.75 pot.
I gotta say... I really liked my hand analysis in this hand lol - fun hand, thanks for sharing.

This is my life!
This hand is shaping up like every time I get aces in our home game.
Cold call...call..call..call...4 to the flop.
All low cards.
Here comes the part where I check raise the flop, check call the turn, and fold pitifully on the river to an all-in.

Honestly, if I was HU with Sicko, I likely would have reraised on the flop, but with V1 in the hand, there certainly was the possibility of a set, or a flush draw or a combo draw and he wouldn't go away.

You shouldn't be worried about V1 at all. He didn't have enough chips for you to be concerned.

Wow, what a hand.

Sorry I am late to this one. To me the whole flop decision is interesting. I am looking for balance here. What do you want to do with the misses in your pre-flp raising range, like say AQ? I think you check if you are checking 100% of your range here and I think there is a case to be made for that being the right approach on a flop that polarizes your range so much. Not to mention the turn is really high leverage too. So if part of the broader strategy is to check everything to play small ball here playing so deep with a super high leverage turn coming, it makes sense.

So to me, if hero c bets his misses on this board, betting AA is mandatory. If not, I can see check call being the right approach.

But I do think check folding this flop is way too weak. Plenty of loose villians finding they flopped an overpair on a set mine are going to spring into action and bet for protection.

The turn is ugly, and I don't think calling is mandatory because it does bring the flush and hero lacks the redraw. Hero obviously can call here with all :ad: holdings so I am okay folding AA here without the :ad:, if we as hero have the read the action shows we're beat. But we have to evaluate what has us beat, and really it's the pocket pairs that are now sets and made flushes. Are those out frequently enough for how often loose villains are betting? If not, we may have to call and hold if we suspect any bluffing here.

The fact 85s does exist here does seem to indicate that villain could also have tons of diamond combinations if he is playing all suited hands down to 85? It's really a wicked turn spot. Results oriented, it's the wrong laydown, but I can see not wanting to continue in a 3-way hand on a hand we are drawing dead against a made draw.

Last edited:
Does limp re-raising UTG signal you have Aces?

Yes.

Does 85 sooooooted get out of the way if this was employed?

Absolutely.

Of course we're hoping for a nice 3 bet from someone to piledriver them into the felt when we do raise UTG and can 4-bet hard.

Just overall a crummy situation no matter how you slice it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom