Top Hat Cafe Semi-Custom Paulson Set (1 Viewer)

Burke

Flush
Reaction score
I had @Johnny5 design a sweet label that can be produced by @Gear in the future to create a semi-custom Paulson set. This is the backstory.

I live in Virginia Beach. About an hour from me across the Chesapeake bay is a town called Cape Charles on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. My fiance's family has owned a house there called "The Top Hat." The history behind the Top Hat is that it was built as an inn in the early 1900's. During the prohibition era it served as a speakeasy for that area. Circa the 1930's it was sold to my fiance's family and used as a family home - apparently cars would still come up early on and honk their horn outside expecting to be brought a portion of beer or liquor from the house long after its speakeasy days. I saw a sign of "Top Hat Cafe" hanging in the kitchen of the house and I thought that it would make a fantastic poker chip to go along with the famous Paulson THC design.

This was the end result! The 5cent is actually the 36mm buy-in chip form Cleveland Horseshoe. I actually want to use NYNY $1s (future) and Pine Shed $5s (still trying to obtain). I would also like to change the $25 to a different design to have a light blue spot as well. So I guess this is the working design :D

Unfortunately I won't have enough chips to offer up sample sets (you can compete for one though), but I will offer up both dealer buttons to everyone if ya'll are interested! They just have a solid black and solid white edge respectfully.

upload_2017-4-19_18-32-35.png
upload_2017-4-19_18-34-49.png

Updated Chip Lineup:
top-hat-cafe-lineup-jpg.138401

THC set without flash.jpg

Last edited:
Really love the inlay. (y) :thumbsup:

Interesting having a 36mm for the nickle. You should try and find a 43mm to use for the $100 to make nice big/little bookends for the set.

I'm down for a set of DB's.

I had @Johnny5 design a sweet label that can be produced by @Gear in the future to create a semi-custom Paulson set. This is the backstory.

I live in Virginia Beach. About an hour from me across the Chesapeake bay is a town called Cape Charles on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. My fiance's family has owned a house there called "The Top Hat." The history behind the Top Hat is that it was built as an inn in the early 1900's. During the prohibition era it served as a speakeasy for that area. Circa the 1930's it was sold to my fiance's family and used as a family home - apparently cars would still come up early on and honk their horn outside expecting to be brought a portion of beer or liquor from the house long after its speakeasy days. I saw a sign of "Top Hat Cafe" hanging in the kitchen of the house and I thought that it would make a fantastic poker chip to go along with the famous Paulson THC design.

This was the end result! The 5cent is actually the 36mm buy-in chip form Cleveland Horseshoe. I actually want to use NYNY $1s (future) and Pine Shed $5s (still trying to obtain). I would also like to change the $25 to a different design to have a light blue spot as well. So I guess this is the working design :D

Unfortunately I won't have enough chips to offer up sample sets (you can compete for one though), but I will offer up both dealer buttons to everyone if ya'll are interested! They just have a solid black and solid white edge respectfully.

View attachment 94306

View attachment 94307 View attachment 94310
Do you have enough nickels? I have a barrel of those buy-in chips that I bought merely to get a feel for 36mm chips. I have no use for them - let me know if you'd want them.

Do you have enough nickels? I have a barrel of those buy-in chips that I bought merely to get a feel for 36mm chips. I have no use for them - let me know if you'd want them.

Thank you - I really appreciate it! I think I have enough right now since @btbmason hooked me up with some earlier this year. If I do need more though I'm coming to you!

I made a dedicated thread for dealer button orders. I tagged you in that thread if you previously expressed interest.

Also thanks to @Joe E. I will have some Pine Shed $5s that I will use for the $5 chip! (Still looking for more though)

What do you guys think for a $25? I'm struggling a bit to find the right chip. It must be green. It would be preferable if it had some blue in it.

top hat cafe set.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom